Home - September 7 - New England

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great stuff, as usual.

I am holding out hope that Matarrita will be back from international duty for the Toronto game because Costa Rica has only a single game for this international break, and it is tomorrow night. That would mean his suspension counts for Toronto, and he would be available to play against San Jose.
Haven't we gotten our hopes up about this before last season in a similar scenario?

NYCFC DEPTH CHART VS. NEW ENGLAND
strikethru = out; italics = questionable

Striker: Heber, Castellanos
Wing: Mitriţă, Tajouri-Shradi, Mackay-Steven, Medina
Wing/CAM: Moralez
CM: Ring, Parks, Ofori, Torres, Rocha, Haak
RB: Tinnerholm, Miller, Scally
LB: Matarrita, Sweat
CB: Chanot, Callens, Sands, Ibeagha
GK: Johnson, Stuver, Barraza

well this is sad news. but it's great to know ISI is back in action and apparently in good form. I bet he's itching to get back into match fitness and play. we're gonna need him while Heber is out and Taty will have to step it up in the #9 spot. Hopefully he doesn't get too tired. he's young, right? (i know he is, just saying).

Reactions: SoupInNYC
well this is sad news. but it's great to know ISI is back in action and apparently in good form. I bet he's itching to get back into match fitness and play. we're gonna need him while Heber is out and Taty will have to step it up in the #9 spot. Hopefully he doesn't get too tired. he's young, right? (i know he is, just saying).

those two had chemistry based on the Minnesota game and i think another game at home. there is hope. my concern is how fit and accurate will heber be for the playoff game that always stings and sometimes takes time and in the win or go home format there isint room for error.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
those two had chemistry based on the Minnesota game and i think another game at home. there is hope. my concern is how fit and accurate will heber be for the playoff game that always stings and sometimes takes time and in the win or go home format there isint room for error.

after a month off, he might not be match fit, but he'll be good to come on for 20-30 mins. the kind of player he is, he'll change the game in the second half where the opposition has slowed. it could be a blessing in disguise. especially with a tight match, it could be the spark that gives us the magic we needed.

Taty and Isi had chemistry for sure. getting Isi back to match fitness quickly will be the problem. For now, I would guess our front line will be Mitri-taty-GMS with Isi coming in as a sub for GMS at some point and Medina for Mitri. Taty needs to stay healthy. We need him badly. So, I really hope he chills out on the dives cause I always worry he's going to hurt himself more when he goes flying than if he just rode out a tackle.

EDITED to reflect the post immediately after this one.

Last edited:
Glenn Crooks on his Twitter Periscope said Isi will not be available for this match vs. New England.

Ofori is available to start.

Scally has been training fully for the 2nd week. So he should be available during the final stretch of the season.

RUMOR from Yahoo is that SJ will be back after Friday's game.

Finally, backup keeper Sean Johnson will make the short trip from U.S. camp in Northern New Jersey across the Hudson river to the Bronx, where he is expected to play in Saturday’s MLS match against the New England Revolution.

They've kept you busy this week with all the ongoing changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.