Home V Disney City 07/26

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear you, but I think Angelino has the better chance to move forward first.

I really think our defense needs to stay put though, especially with Hernandez out. They all need to play more with each other anyway and gel as a unit, before we make that kind of change. That being said, I would not be surprised to see JK bring Angelino or Iraola off the bench this week. I wouldn't agree with that decision, but I don't think he likes both of them making runs...especially down a CB. If anyone, I think we will see Angelino off the bench this game.
Anything to have Wingert in the game letting opposition players blow right by him, or continuously fuck up the offside trap.

Anything to have Wingert in the game letting opposition players blow right by him, or continuously fuck up the offside trap.

If Wingert isn't playing CB, I bet he starts at LB.

What's the deal with Nemec?! With a legit Set Piece taker now...doesn't he become relevant again? We have like one successful header all year. I wouldn't mind seeing him make an appearance and getting another chance.

Reactions: LeeNYCFC
CKsek3-W8AA8VA0.png

Good god what a schmuck....

Reactions: Kjbert
What's the deal with Nemec?! With a legit Set Piece taker now...doesn't he become relevant again? We have like one successful header all year. I wouldn't mind seeing him make an appearance and getting another chance.
While I agree with that premise, you really can't underrate what Patrick Mullins brings to the table. He provides so much of the intangeables that make David Villa, an now Pirlo and Lampard, more effective. WithMullins being the only person he could replace, I don't think Nemec provides enough to replace Mullins, at least in the starting XI.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
Just thought the image should match the quote a bit better.

View attachment 3085

What's his policy? You needed to play on RSL with him? You need to be slow and not involved in play? I get the veteran approach. But if there's an 8th grader that's good and better than some high schoolers, you put him on the varsity team.

Reactions: gbservis
God i hope Pirlo plays, someone who'll actually come back and get the ball off the defense and build up our play, providing options instead of having the Facey and whoever he's with have to try dangerous balls that inevitably get intercepted as the midfield don't take charge of the game.

Grr i say. Grr.

I don't doubt this but what's the source?

All I have heard/seen is Kreis saying in the Sirius interview yesterday when asked about the status ("Frank has been doing some training on his own, he has been for the past few days, he's headed in a really positive direction. I think it will be fair to say that we are uncertain as to whether he will be able to play any role on Sunday.") and Brian Lewis's tweet, but I would assume no chance

Last edited:
While I agree with that premise, you really can't underrate what Patrick Mullins brings to the table. He provides so much of the intangeables that make David Villa, an now Pirlo and Lampard, more effective. WithMullins being the only person he could replace, I don't think Nemec provides enough to replace Mullins, at least in the starting XI.

I don't underrate Mullins at all actually. If you've seen my posts, I like him and always pencil him in as a starter...but I would've mind Nemec making an appearance here or there. He got a bad rap deservedly, but he's strong, tall and might be a weapon going forward.

Reactions: mgarbowski
All I have heard/seen is Kreis saying in the Sirius interview yesterday when asked about the status ("Frank has been doing some training on his own, he has been for the past few days, he's headed in a really positive direction. I think it will be fair to say that we are uncertain as to whether he will be able to play any role on Sunday.") and Brian Lewis's tweet, but I would assume no chance
That's what I've seen and heard too. I take it to mean there is no chance he plays, but it's not quite official. I checked the team website twitter, and MLS injury report and see nothing official yet.

So Frank Lampard was replaced by Dax as the commissioners pick not that I'm surprised since he hasn't played a minute yet, anyways is he playing tomorrow?

Reactions: Kjbert
Status
Not open for further replies.