Inaugural Nycfc Season Ticket Packages

Yeah. Did the quick math. $25 a piece x 14,000 is $350,000. Obviously that's not very accurate since most people got more than on ticket in their package. But still, $25 for shipping is crazy. Throw that in some $9 flat rate boxes.

I dunno, they must have shipped them 2-day or even overnight, because it was only a day from when I received the shipping email and delivery. $25 sounds about right for that size box and transit time. I don't mind.

Reactions: Kjbert
at the same time they are running a business. I have new York rangers season tixx and they charge 25 dollars just to ship tickets...you cant nickel and dime it.. it is what it is

Trust me, the decisions made by the club regarding personnel and fan relations are way more important than the materials in a scarf. I am a soccer fanatic, I will watch anything - whether its Liga MX, Bundesliga, Premier League, K-League, MLS, USL Pro, or even the CISL (please PM me if you know what that is, I was a die hard Pride fan). I am even enthralled watching 6 year olds play the game. I hold season tickets to the Timbers, Red Bulls, NYCFC, Everton and QPR. Most tickets are gifted or sold because I have a job too.

I was a RBNY season ticket holder when Red Bull Arena first opened. The package was well done, with a souvenir ticket, lanyard, explanatory booklet, and fan focused packaging. The scarf was of a decent material and had the section that you were seated in knitted onto it (which for me was personalized enough to appreciate). The energy at the home opener was electric (and I was at both the Santos friendly and the MLS opener), similar to YS this past Sunday. Before the game they had the Red Bull skydiving team shoot into the stadium, after the game they had a fireworks show, they chose a seat in the supporters section which when you combined the row with the seat number equaled the minute mark that Joel Lindpere scored the first goal for the club in their new stadium and replaced that blue seat with a blazing red seat to memorialize the occasion. My guest at the opener, who was an MLS employee, remarked "This is the way you build a fan base". It seemed like a glorious start.

There were goods and bads over the years. In season two they told me that I couldn't renew my seats as they were being taken by the club for marketing, and made me switch (terrible). They signed Thierry Henry, who was the clubs messiah (wonderful). There was the Rafa debacle (which I don't hold against them, just bad luck). Dax McCarty must have the biggest heart of any player that has ever graced MLS, he is Seth Stammler's natural heir. The hardware draught is laughable (supporters shield notwithstanding, which was one of the greatest nights of my soccer fan career). They got rid of Jerome De Bontin and Andy Roxburgh who were talented and charismatic soccer execs. They fired Mike Petke, who, though inexperienced and pretty much an accidental hire, had more success than the big name managers they brought in over the years but had a real, enduring relationship with the fan base that was truly beautiful to experience. If not for Mike's firing, I may have stayed a RBNY fan forever.

I am still a RBNY season ticket holder, and I am a NYCFC season ticket holder. I will root for my NY teams against any opposition including the Timbers who hail from my hometown. But the decision on which NY club to support will come down to who makes the right front office decisions and treats the fans as an integral part of their business. I am lucky in that I am an adult when both of these clubs began their existence. I have the ability to choose which club I support. My 1 year old son won't have that privilege, he will grow up a fan of whichever club I ultimately decide to support. I hope I make the right choice.

Trust me, the decisions made by the club regarding personnel and fan relations are way more important than the materials in a scarf. I am a soccer fanatic, I will watch anything - whether its Liga MX, Bundesliga, Premier League, K-League, MLS, USL Pro, or even the CISL (please PM me if you know what that is, I was a die hard Pride fan). I am even enthralled watching 6 year olds play the game. I hold season tickets to the Timbers, Red Bulls, NYCFC, Everton and QPR. Most tickets are gifted or sold because I have a job too.

I was a RBNY season ticket holder when Red Bull Arena first opened. The package was well done, with a souvenir ticket, lanyard, explanatory booklet, and fan focused packaging. The scarf was of a decent material and had the section that you were seated in knitted onto it (which for me was personalized enough to appreciate). The energy at the home opener was electric (and I was at both the Santos friendly and the MLS opener), similar to YS this past Sunday. Before the game they had the Red Bull skydiving team shoot into the stadium, after the game they had a fireworks show, they chose a seat in the supporters section which when you combined the row with the seat number equaled the minute mark that Joel Lindpere scored the first goal for the club in their new stadium and replaced that blue seat with a blazing red seat to memorialize the occasion. My guest at the opener, who was an MLS employee, remarked "This is the way you build a fan base". It seemed like a glorious start.

There were goods and bads over the years. In season two they told me that I couldn't renew my seats as they were being taken by the club for marketing, and made me switch (terrible). They signed Thierry Henry, who was the clubs messiah (wonderful). There was the Rafa debacle (which I don't hold against them, just bad luck). Dax McCarty must have the biggest heart of any player that has ever graced MLS, he is Seth Stammler's natural heir. The hardware draught is laughable (supporters shield notwithstanding, which was one of the greatest nights of my soccer fan career). They got rid of Jerome De Bontin and Andy Roxburgh who were talented and charismatic soccer execs. They fired Mike Petke, who, though inexperienced and pretty much an accidental hire, had more success than the big name managers they brought in over the years but had a real, enduring relationship with the fan base that was truly beautiful to experience. If not for Mike's firing, I may have stayed a RBNY fan forever.

I am still a RBNY season ticket holder, and I am a NYCFC season ticket holder. I will root for my NY teams against any opposition including the Timbers who hail from my hometown. But the decision on which NY club to support will come down to who makes the right front office decisions and treats the fans as an integral part of their business. I am lucky in that I am an adult when both of these clubs began their existence. I have the ability to choose which club I support. My 1 year old son won't have that privilege, he will grow up a fan of whichever club I ultimately decide to support. I hope I make the right choice.

Well done