Is Anybody Going To World Cup?

AlexB

Registered
Seasoned Supporter
May 17, 2014
New York City
I was slated to go to Germany back in 2006, but leave got canceled. I promised myself nothing was going to stop me from going to Brazil in 2014!

I am indeed. Trying to get tickets for the last game on my trip but otherwise everything is booked. I'm staying in some mildly sketchy spots but so it goes when the trip is planned less than three months out.

I wanted too so badly. Germany was so incredible and I can't wait to get to another World Cup. Unfortunately between the costs and military commitments, I won't be able to go this round.
I'm actually looking forward to Qatar, even though it will be hot. What was so great about Germany is that it was nice and safe country and was small enough to conveniently get around. South Africa and Brail are expensive and a pain to get around, also not so safe. Russia will likely be a sprawl but I assume the infrastructure is good enough making moving between host cities reasonable. Qatar is small and very wealthy! I am not familiar with the country but I believe they will have great transport options and should be fairly safe.

I wanted too so badly. Germany was so incredible and I can't wait to get to another World Cup. Unfortunately between the costs and military commitments, I won't be able to go this round.
I'm actually looking forward to Qatar, even though it will be hot. What was so great about Germany is that it was nice and safe country and was small enough to conveniently get around. South Africa and Brail are expensive and a pain to get around, also not so safe. Russia will likely be a sprawl but I assume the infrastructure is good enough making moving between host cities reasonable. Qatar is small and very wealthy! I am not familiar with the country but I believe they will have great transport options and should be fairly safe.
Hot, and thousands of people will have died to make your experience possible.

Oh, not to mention slavery and human rights violations.

Oh and bribery and corruption.

Never mind.

Hot, and thousands of people will have died to make your experience possible.

Oh, not to mention slavery and human rights violations.

Oh and bribery and corruption.

Never mind.
I wish there was a way to emphasize how hard I clicked the 'like' option here.

edit: not literally. it was only a light tap. just enough to initiate the command.

I am indeed. Trying to get tickets for the last game on my trip but otherwise everything is booked. I'm staying in some mildly sketchy spots but so it goes when the trip is planned less than three months out.
Awesome. Going to Rio myself. The stars aligned and somehow I wound up with tickets. The football gods smiled on me once more and found a flat for me in Copacabana back in November. If I read correctly, I don't see any NYCFC fans from Brazil yet. Definitely going to try and change that down there. I already see NYCFC as the greatest football club of all time.

I would have liked to go as well but the security and human rights issues are real.
I guess I'll wait for 2018 In Russia. Oh... wait... nevermind.

You got to go to Germany in 2006, oh so lucky. Exactly! One reason why I thought Germany 2006 would have been awesome is logistics. It is not that large of a country relatively speaking and easy transport between matches would have been possible. Another major reason, BEER! I love strong beers and will probably start another topic on favorite beers. I hear you on those commitments. Flashback to 2006...

Wouldn't worry a bit about Qatar. It's only a matter of time before Blatter returns their checks and moves the '22 WC to another venue. Looks like a joint USA/Canada bid may be in the works. :cool:

Reactions: einwindir
Wouldn't worry a bit about Qatar. It's only a matter of time before Blatter returns their checks and moves the '22 WC to another venue. Looks like a joint USA/Canada bid may be in the works. :cool:
I read somewhere that FIFA literally cannot move it out of Qatar. I can't recall where I saw it, but apparently it is not an option.

I read somewhere that FIFA literally cannot move it out of Qatar. I can't recall where I saw it, but apparently it is not an option.
Anything is possible with FIFA, as seen with the original awarding of the Cup to Qatar. The only reason I actually think Qatar may end up being a good host is because the country is small and they have tons of money to put into infrastructure. I am expecting an amazing train system to make moving around cheap and easy (in relation to Brazil and SA) and a good level of safety. Obviously they have plenty of other issues but what can you do? So did/does SA and Brazil. I'm hoping they relax their alcohol laws.

Anything is possible with FIFA, as seen with the original awarding of the Cup to Qatar. The only reason I actually think Qatar may end up being a good host is because the country is small and they have tons of money to put into infrastructure. I am expecting an amazing train system to make moving around cheap and easy (in relation to Brazil and SA) and a good level of safety. Obviously they have plenty of other issues but what can you do? So did/does SA and Brazil. I'm hoping they relax their alcohol laws.
Yeah, I just don't know how they are going to deal with the summer heat issues. Can't even imagine World Cup being played in the winter as Blatter suggests.

I was in Poland for Germany 2006. So close yet so far. Going to try for Russia in 2018. Maybe even Qatar although I hate the idea of it being there.

Anyone going to Brazil to watch there National team then??

I fly out on the 21st to watch England play Costa Rica, I've also got tickets for the last 16 & quater finals in Rio.

The excitement is seriously building up now.

Ross.

I was in Poland for Germany 2006. So close yet so far. Going to try for Russia in 2018. Maybe even Qatar although I hate the idea of it being there.

It might get changed with the whole scandal thing.

I cannot go but I will be making my way to a bar for the US matches. Hopefully we won't get bounced out of the group stages

I'm off to Brazil on the 21st of June 3 night stay in Belo Horizonte then 9 nights in Rio

Yo! I'll be going to the world cup! I'm going to the USA vs Ghana and USA vs Germany. I'm down to meetup before games and have some drinks haha Anyone else category 1?