It's Official: David Villa

I would imagine we would be very active in future Winter transfer windows

Joe Cole this morning said he is going to talk to his agent about a move to MLS as well

We need Columbus, Colorado, etc. to start spending

So damn cool, pumped to see him play. In the most recent interview, he said NYCFC will have an event after the World Cup to introduce him

Reactions: Vito
Well you're not having Silva! ;-)
Maybe the way Sporting KC is getting rid of guys, NYC can get a bargain deal on Graham Zusi. Also Houston Dynamo are falling apart, maybe some house cleaning will allow NYCFC to capture Brad Davis.

I watched the US the other night and Zusi wasn't very impressive when he came on. mix looked decent linking the play but still nothing "special".

I watched the US the other night and Zusi wasn't very impressive when he came on. mix looked decent linking the play but still nothing "special".
Zusi is too slow to play internationally. He'll play 2 or 3 really nice balls per 45 minutes, but his pace doesn't allow him to contribute otherwise.

I didn't think Mix had enough touches to make a judgment vs. Nigeria. We were just pissing around at the end in a way that would never occur in a WC match. I would expect him to show his quality better when he plays more centrally and forward. If (when) we have card trouble in the midfield, he could possibly start in Bradley's role with Bradley sliding back alongside Jones. Of course, that's presuming we are playing the 4-3-2-1. That might be a crazy presumption given that we are just as likely to play a 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1.

It looks like the US sure could use Mo Edu or Danny Williams as cover for the DMs. To bring it back to the need NYCFC will have for a destroyer if we sign Fat Frank or Xavi, it sure looks like Jermaine Jones still has something left. Does anyone know what his deal is with Besiktas? That guy covers hella ground. He's the soccer equivalent of a free safety (American football position): get to the point of attack and do so with bad intentions. What a professional. I think Besiktas made UCL, but if they are out in group play, he wouldn't be the worst DP for us.

Hopefully, we'll have the 3 DPs signed before then, but it's just a thought.

I think with Beckerman and Jones, US is set at DM, its the other positions I am worried about.

As for Zusi impressing or not impressing you, you do realize he is an above average MLS quality player? I know I already feel like a broken record, but you have to accept the new reality of MLS. This isn't ManCity USA here. If NYCFC would to capture a signing like Zusi or Davis that would be a huge coup for NYC, not a lesser signing.

Reactions: BlueWarrior and kun