It's Official: David Villa

So rojiblancohorizontal rojiblancohorizontal, are we like the most popular MlS club in Spain for the 10 people who've heard of us? :D
Hell yeah you are haha MLS still is a little unknown for europeans, in Spain we knew things, at least the populars: New York Rebulls [Henry], Los Angeles Galaxy [Beckham]… And of course, Donovan :p Things like NYCFC make europeans look more to MLS and signing Villa Spain will support NYCFC :D

More Villa memes:
MMD_329737_problemas_en_el_nyc.jpg

[Start hearing rumors about
A divided squad]
MMD_329611_cuidado_cr7_y_messi_que_villa_va_a_por_el_record_historico.jpg

[Just one goal ahead to become the
maximum historic striker of his team]

Hell yeah you are haha MLS still is a little unknown for europeans, in Spain we knew things, at least the populars: New York Rebulls [Henry], Los Angeles Galaxy [Beckham]… And of course, Donovan :p Things like NYCFC make europeans look more to MLS and signing Villa Spain will support NYCFC :D

More Villa memes:
MMD_329737_problemas_en_el_nyc.jpg

[Start hearing rumors about
A divided squad]
MMD_329611_cuidado_cr7_y_messi_que_villa_va_a_por_el_record_historico.jpg

[Just one goal ahead to become the
maximum historic striker of his team]

El primero es hilarante.

[The first is hilarious.]

Last edited:
Reactions: Samuel Youn
Ugh. Like getting a new toy and having to let your little brother play with it first. I was never good with that.
Smart business move thou they just got rebranded and now they're getting some exposure with the 10 game loan. We're getting DV7 to stay in shape while playing competitive games.. Win win to me

Ugh. Like getting a new toy and having to let your little brother play with it first. I was never good with that.

Haha yea, I wish the season would start sooner. I hope he doesn't get burned out from all the PR he is going to have to shoulder.

Smart business move thou they just got rebranded and now they're getting some exposure with the 10 game loan. We're getting DV7 to stay in shape while playing competitive games.. Win win to me

Agreed, he is only playing October to December so hopefully he stays healthy and gets some good rest before March.

---

And yet with this loan move I feel somehow that Villa is not a NYCFC signing but a City Group signing. Not sure how I feel about it all but I suppose I really can't complain.

It was always a concern that Villa needed something to do before the pre-season started... Like playing some competitive games.

This sorts that out..

I hope this doesn't happen again tho. Once we're up and going, there should be no reason for this to happen again
It shouldn't happen again, for now the problem is that anyone you sign in this European transfer window will be looking for somewhere to play football, rather than go the best part of a year without playing games and lose fitness.

Look at the bright side, he's more likely to be in good shape for NYCFC if he plays a few games for Melbourne than if he doesn't.

It shouldn't happen again, for now the problem is that anyone you sign in this European transfer window will be looking for somewhere to play football, rather than go the best part of a year without playing games and lose fitness.

Look at the bright side, he's more likely to be in good shape for NYCFC if he plays a few games for Melbourne than if he doesn't.
Won't it always make sense to do this if a player is signed from Europe at the start of the transfer season. I see nothing wrong with it. In fact as a supporter of the CFG I want to see more of this. You can't accept their input and then cry foul IMO.

Won't it always make sense to do this if a player is signed from Europe at the start of the transfer season. I see nothing wrong with it. In fact as a supporter of the CFG I want to see more of this. You can't accept their input and then cry foul IMO.
No, because they will be able to join and play the remainder of the MLS season.

Reactions: Section1Guy
No, because they will be able to join and play the remainder of the MLS season.
Exactly, as per what usually happens with players going to the MLS, although I'm sure plenty of players will still go between the CFG clubs, eg NYCFC sign a new DP and Melbourne take one of the old ones on.

Exactly, as per what usually happens with players going to the MLS, although I'm sure plenty of players will still go between the CFG clubs, eg NYCFC sign a new DP and Melbourne take one of the old ones on.
I don't think that will happen so much. With all of the MLS wage rules, I'm sure it wouldn't be so simple. Might be, though.

It's a great opportunity to show the Melbourne City fans that CFG means business by bringing the best player in the A-League even if it's just on a 10 game loan. They should be looking forward to what's to come.