It's Official: David Villa

Perhaps "Why should you care?" below a dark stenciled gangster looking character holding up his fist, wearing a city blue shirt, with the words "And why see..." in a dialog bottle above it.

Just a bit of humour. ;-)

I wonder if the same Marketing folks will be involved in bigging up Villa as they did with this masterstroke....

article-2243866-067C7962000005DC-951_634x598.jpg

No, NYCFC still use Droga5 I think..

MCFC don´t need more strikers unless one or two are sold I guess..?

Nobody's being sold and City don't particularly need him at the moment with our fire power as it stands, however he's a player I've always wanted at city :^(

While I appreciate the enthusiasm, let's keep the discussion on the topic of David Villa's landmark signing with NYCFC. Any further off-topic discussion will be removed.

I'm American and don't follow the Star or Mirror over there. I listen to the Football Show in the morning and treat what Neil Barnett says as Gospel. His rumor was Dzeko and Kun out. Had nothing to do with Villa

I'm American and don't follow the Star or Mirror over there. I listen to the Football Show in the morning and treat what Neil Barnett says as Gospel. His rumor was Dzeko and Kun out. Had nothing to do with Villa

It won't happen. If it did, we would have to get about 140€ million collectively for them.

Think David Villa and Messi four years ago.

Don't think City will sell two of their top goal scorers. The two players that won us the title two years ago in the last 4 minutes of play. They're also fan favorites. Who would you bring in better that's available? Otherwise you're selling just to sell and we obviously don't need money.

Lots of MCFC talk on this board. Maybe start an MCFC forum just for that?

Reactions: Gene
The numbers for Aguero were pegged at 30M pounds.

He would never be sold for that. It would be an 8 million loss on his original transfer fee.

It is an intentional extreme under-evaluation by journalist trying to stir up trouble. And if the bid was actually made by Barça, it was a very commonly used tactic to unsettle the player in order to spark a transfer request to drive down the eventual much higher fee.

Aguero is arguably one of the five best strikers in the world, and the youngest of the lot. He scored the fifth most goals in the Premier League this year and barely played 23 matches. He is also a big match player, unlike Suarez. He is adored by City supporters and is a household name around the world.

His actual value to City would be nearer to 100 million, especially given similar transfers as of late.

Again - don't give two craps about Kun or anyone else who isn't heading here. Just reporting what is being reported by American soccer personalities. Same guys who interviewed Xabi Alonso today - who said Lampard was coming to MLS and Xavi was approached as well.

Sometimes the more ambiguous the ad the more people are intrigued. Maybe in the same style they could welcome in the new DPs with New Yorkish slogans... Whatever they are ...

"Follow that cab" n sheet :)