Jack Harrison to Manchester City - Official

Getting a little teary at the thought of never seeing Jack dribble into a blind alley or slipping on the infield at YS ever again.

Just kidding.

Looking forward to seeing him in the Championship, although not particularly in a personal lose-lose scenario against my team, Leeds ;) He's a solid, bashful and hard working pro. This one tugs the heart strings a little because we saw him grow a lot as a person and a player. Hope he kicks on and does us proud.
I now have a team to root for in the Championship

At his age, I don't think it's the final transfer of his life. Perhaps the challenge of trying to help get a team into the Premier League is appealing. Or he stays there for a few years, then transfers into a Premier League team.

Agreed. At least it’s not a full on sale and he still stays in the City (CFG) family. Manchester City could use him at the moment with all of the injuries to their forwards.

I think this whole gig for him in the States was truly just a stepping stone for him and his family. After listening to his super short so-so goodbye speech to his teammates and the NYCFC organization. Not realy impressed. But whatever, it’s good to see young guys progressed to make their dreams come true. I guess it’s a good thing and catches global sports news that someone from MLS is being courted and will bring in money to MLS franchises. I ONLY care about building the sport here in the United States and especially in New York .

Ugh. I had one of the best meals of my life tonight. It was spicy pork with Korean rice cakes. I have no clue what the hell a Korean rice cake is but it was delicious.
Haha I really don't give a shit about you asking me but I think it's funny. You reminded me of alllooksame.com.

And yeah the rice cakes are dope. Also the stuff that gets made from the burnt rice that sticks to the surface of the pot. Ok I think I know what I'm having for dinner.

Haha I really don't give a shit about you asking me but I think it's funny. You reminded me of alllooksame.com.

And yeah the rice cakes are dope. Also the stuff that gets made from the burnt rice that sticks to the surface of the pot. Ok I think I know what I'm having for dinner.

It's interesting because before you boil the rice cakes, you think they are almost a vegetable. They're dense rigid. Like the consistency of raw ginger. 3 minutes of boiling action later...totally different animal

Agreed. At least it’s not a full on sale and he still stays in the City (CFG) family. Manchester City could use him at the moment with all of the injuries to their forwards.

I think this whole gig for him in the States was truly just a stepping stone for him and his family. After listening to his super short so-so goodbye speech to his teammates and the NYCFC organization. Not realy impressed. But whatever, it’s good to see young guys progressed to make their dreams come true. I guess it’s a good thing and catches global sports news that someone from MLS is being courted and will bring in money to MLS franchises. I ONLY care about building the sport here in the United States and especially in New York .
Yeah, footballers are footballers though, generally not paid to orate well. Nevertheless I was hoping to see tears. He's also like 5 years old so it's my bad for expecting Churchill.

I wanna see Mumsi's farewell speech.

Is it just me or does this article deepen the impression that City was using Stoke as a stalking horse to drive up Jack's market price? I don't have a coherent explanation for why that would be good budget practice but you can at least imagine why matching an existing offer would help keep the leagues and federations happy.

Reactions: ALBNYfan and Kjbert
Is it just me or does this article deepen the impression that City was using Stoke as a stalking horse to drive up Jack's market price? I don't have a coherent explanation for why that would be good budget practice but you can at least imagine why matching an existing offer would help keep the leagues and federations happy.

This was your theory right?

What if MLS wanted to create a market for him? They have a financial interest in it of course.

The other idea is that someone at CFG saw what was happening and intervened. CFG isn't stupid. I'm sure they know that Stoke or Boro buying him for $6 Million is a bargain considering the circumstances. CFG looks at Jack - an English player, U-21, 50 professional games already - we all know that English players have inflated values. They would be silly not to step in. If they paid $8 Million and sell him in 18 months for $15 million, it's masterful.

This was your theory right?

What if MLS wanted to create a market for him? They have a financial interest in it of course.

The other idea is that someone at CFG saw what was happening and intervened. CFG isn't stupid. I'm sure they know that Stoke or Boro buying him for $6 Million is a bargain considering the circumstances. CFG looks at Jack - an English player, U-21, 50 professional games already - we all know that English players have inflated values. They would be silly not to step in. If they paid $8 Million and sell him in 18 months for $15 million, it's masterful.

I think my weird feeling was because I was imagining the bidding process backward. Here's what makes sense to me: City would have preferred a lower fee but kept matching Stoke's offer until Stoke tapped out, at which point Jack took the better of two equal offers. Nothing especially unfair about that except for the fact that Stoke-on-Trent isn't sitting on top of the world's seventh-largest oil reserves. And yeah, I'm sure MLS was thrilled by the bidding war.

Reactions: Kjbert
The world will remember Andrea Pirlo. That remains to be seen with Jack Harrison.
The both of you 21Architect and Kangaroo Jack Kangaroo Jack shut up !!! First you kangaroo I am Proud to be one of those Pirlo rejects you speak of . I have no influence at all with our Boss NYCFC_Dan but I vote your ass off the island . Now 21 your ass should know better JACK is still a boy and just wasted what 2 or 3 years of his time with an organization that just kicked him to the curb . Of course Andrea will be remembered but not always in a positive light . Not so for Jack. And those who never or don't know fuck them !!! Now Jack's gonna go off a d do great things and get that recognition and NYCFC is gonna be the Asshole of the MLS