Jersey Postmatch

NYCFC_Dan

Registered
Staff member
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 17, 2014
Tampa, Florida
Didn't get to watch any of this.
Lost cable/internet due to a storm and had no reception and couldn't stream.
Guess I didn't miss much. The initial lineup gave me hope and I was clearly expecting too much.
Back to reality and another bad performance against a team we can't seem to get the best of.

We lost, and that sucks. But not sure I am actually that upset

We hit the woodwork twice, and didn't start looking terrible until we lost Maxi. Hope to hell Maxi will be okay for Saturday, and he came out as a precaution. Because I will take an Open Cup loss and a healthy Maxi over a win and no Maxi any day.

Feeling better about our chances when we play the Red Bulls for real. Add in Herrera, Chanot, Mata and Wallace, and subtract Lopez, Brillant, Sweat and TMac equals a win for the blue side

Also, if Ring had gotten a red card for punching one of the Red Bull...would have been well earned

Not mad at anyone except Vieira for his utterly stupid subs. I said immediately upon Stertzer coming in that he would have to come out.

How can you be mad? We know Lopez is shit. We know Ucubed is shit.

Should have made Lewis first sub and move Ucubed to midfield just to give us a chance.

Whether he meant to or not, he forfeited the game with the Stertzer sub.

Oh well. Garbage in, garbage out.

And further, NJRB fucking sucks hard. When we play an actual first choice 11, we will destroy them. This is the first time I have felt like that in our history.

I will tell you fuckers one (more) thing, motherfucking Ben fucking Sweat is not an MLS caliber player, not just via talent, but he is also a gutless, lazy pussy

Last edited:
Any insight into maxis injury? Just precaution? If was concerning how fast they signaled for a sub. I hope it isn't a knee thing.

Reactions: Kjbert
Only awoke in time to see the last 30 mins. Gift wrapped a goal for the Metro Stars. Who were the 2 commentators? Sounded inept. Like they'd been on the Wine all night.

A couple things

1. John stertzer's career or over. Or at least I hope it's over with NYCFC.

2. The less Lopez the better. He was invisible, which brings me to point three.

3. UCubed (tmac) actively screws up the shape of the team and makes us worse overall as a team. He might be made to work somewhere else, but cannot cut it in a first rate MLS team.

4. Ben sweat is too lazy for how shit he is. Good enough for a backup on a minimum salary but not someone who should play for 1/4 of the damn season.

5. When the wind blows just so, RBA smells like garbage; as in the literal smell of rotting garbage. Ugh I'm never going back.

6. This is why I don't give a shit about USOC, Maxi might be injured and that will really screw us over going forwards.

Last edited:
Hey Ulrich, remember when we had a big ol' argument about Brillant and why he's fucking useless against the Red Bulls? Let's do it again sometime. (Get out of my club)

Thanks for wasting my time again, Mr Vieira. One day we'll take this rivalry seriously.

Hey Ulrich, remember when we had a big ol' argument about Brillant and why he's fucking useless against the Red Bulls? Let's do it again sometime. (Get out of my club)

Thanks for wasting my time again, Mr Vieira. One day we'll take this rivalry seriously.

i heavily disagree with this....we played the best XI we could with injuries and international callups....played well then maxi went out and we were fucked. then the mistake came

One of the least inspired performances I've seen from our team. Here goes nothing:

Villa - 6 - Tried hard. Had a couple of opportunities. Tried to hold up play some. Dropped deep again to try and kickstart the run of play. Looked like he had given up later in the match

Maxi - 6 - Obviously was the cog offensively. NJRB played him the right way and it disrupted our offense. Bully him. Bump him. Run him over. When a ref lets them play like that, he's rendered useless at certain points in the match

Harrison - 4 - Provided nothing. Gave the ball away. Wasn't a factor tracking back either. One of his worst performances

McNamara - 3 - Just a brutal outing from the USMNT call-up. He's nothing more than a depth player and a late match poacher

Ring - 8 - He was fantastic. Our engine building out of the back. How many times did he clean up the crap left by White, Callens and Brilliant?

Lopez - 3 - Provided nothing also. At some point, we need to see Awuah as a like for like. Stupid fouling, inability to link up play. I've spoken before about him having a role on this squad as a "kill the game" type player. Tonight was one of his most invisible performances

Sweat - 6 - Thought he played well. Provided a little something going forward. Certainly deserves to be in the rotation at that LB, LCB spot. I think, at this point, he is a known quantity and has earned a role on this team

White - 4 - Tough night for him. Got abused defensively down the flank, had trouble in distribution and provided nothing going forward. One of this worst performances this year

Brillant - 4 - Yikes. Awful giveaway leading to the goal. Ring cleaned up for him multiple times. He's your 3rd CB and nothing more. He's certainly not a PV type player. Can't play the role PV wants his CBs to play

Callens - 6 - I thought he was mediocre tonight. Did some good things in taking strong angles to cut off play but he also makes some dumb decisions

Johnson - 8 - I thought he had a strong match. Between him and Ring, I think they both deserve MOTM honors. Despite the goal, he had multiple game saving saves. He was strong in distribution tonight and commanded his box well. Really thought he played well

Sterzer - 1 - I don't know how much of this is on him and how much is on PV. He was the wrong sub at the wrong time. He played out of position and was brutal. He went in for a playmaker. The move there is Lewis for Maxi or Okoli for Maxi and change the formation. This is as much, to me at least, on PV as it is on Sterzer. I wonder if we see him again anytime soon

Lewis - n/a - I don't think he did anything of note

Okoli - n/a - See above

Just awful tonight

Didn't get to watch any of this.
Lost cable/internet due to a storm and had no reception and couldn't stream.
Guess I didn't miss much. The initial lineup gave me hope and I was clearly expecting too much.
Back to reality and another bad performance against a team we can't seem to get the best of.
Damn Boss !! Welcome to Va !

You know who would have helped tonight? James Sands
Or, sad to say, Jason Kreis.

ETA: to be clear, I in no way advocate Kreis being better for our team on the whole. But no way even he makes that first boneheaded sub.

Last edited:
One of the least inspired performances I've seen from our team. Here goes nothing:

Villa - 6 - Tried hard. Had a couple of opportunities. Tried to hold up play some. Dropped deep again to try and kickstart the run of play. Looked like he had given up later in the match

Maxi - 6 - Obviously was the cog offensively. NJRB played him the right way and it disrupted our offense. Bully him. Bump him. Run him over. When a ref lets them play like that, he's rendered useless at certain points in the match

Harrison - 4 - Provided nothing. Gave the ball away. Wasn't a factor tracking back either. One of his worst performances

McNamara - 3 - Just a brutal outing from the USMNT call-up. He's nothing more than a depth player and a late match poacher

Ring - 8 - He was fantastic. Our engine building out of the back. How many times did he clean up the crap left by White, Callens and Brilliant?

Lopez - 3 - Provided nothing also. At some point, we need to see Awuah as a like for like. Stupid fouling, inability to link up play. I've spoken before about him having a role on this squad as a "kill the game" type player. Tonight was one of his most invisible performances

Sweat - 6 - Thought he played well. Provided a little something going forward. Certainly deserves to be in the rotation at that LB, LCB spot. I think, at this point, he is a known quantity and has earned a role on this team

White - 4 - Tough night for him. Got abused defensively down the flank, had trouble in distribution and provided nothing going forward. One of this worst performances this year

Brillant - 4 - Yikes. Awful giveaway leading to the goal. Ring cleaned up for him multiple times. He's your 3rd CB and nothing more. He's certainly not a PV type player. Can't play the role PV wants his CBs to play

Callens - 6 - I thought he was mediocre tonight. Did some good things in taking strong angles to cut off play but he also makes some dumb decisions

Johnson - 8 - I thought he had a strong match. Between him and Ring, I think they both deserve MOTM honors. Despite the goal, he had multiple game saving saves. He was strong in distribution tonight and commanded his box well. Really thought he played well

Sterzer - 1 - I don't know how much of this is on him and how much is on PV. He was the wrong sub at the wrong time. He played out of position and was brutal. He went in for a playmaker. The move there is Lewis for Maxi or Okoli for Maxi and change the formation. This is as much, to me at least, on PV as it is on Sterzer. I wonder if we see him again anytime soon

Lewis - n/a - I don't think he did anything of note

Okoli - n/a - See above

Just awful tonight
One, you and I both know how long Ucubed has been a shit player. The answer is natural born.

I wish Lopez were invisible.

Too generous to Stertzer.

You lost your mind on Sweat. He's legit Stertzer level. Fucking atrocious.

Johnson was great. Saunders would have given up 4. Lurch would have surrendered at least 3.

White belongs on the team with Stertzer and Ucubed and Lopez. But at least he can be masked with a competent midfield. What you saw tonight is how good he actually is and why I never get my internet peter all erect for him. He's just serviceable whenever everyone else picks up all the garbage.

The players we played did so in a fully predictable manner. We had a chance, until Vieira went full Fordham and brought in Stertzer when there was an actual battle taking place in midfield. Fucking malpractice to do that to Ring and the team. You make that sub, you damn sure should pull Ring and Villa too, just so they can rest.

I don't want to hear hindsight shit. That is shit I immediately called. And I don't get paid $5 million to coach a damn soccer team.

Again, this is why I give no deference to pro coaches when it comes to game management. Outside of 2 handfuls, they are all fucking morons.

Last edited: