Kreis Officially Out At NYCFC

"Ultimately, this journey may have ended a bit abruptly and a bit to soon for my liking"

So glad we canned him now. I don't tolerate spelling mistakes from my head coach. Unacceptable.
What a scumbag..... :D

Reactions: BxLio91
Gothamist?
9nUDSvY.gif

Didn't you also think that way when they dumped Petke? Which made you switch to NYCFC? But then the replacement was better? Are you mad you switched?

Well, dumping Petke wasn't the only reason why I had enough of RedBull. I started to really genuinely root for NYCFC form the very first exhibition game vs St. Mirren in the UK. I said this many times before on this forum, and I will repeat it, when we scored goals in that game, I was so excited that I asked myself wow, what is going on here?????? So in short making the switch to NYCFC wasn't something I thought about. It just happened naturally. I was so passionate about Redbulls, and now I can't stand them and I hope they lose every game 10-0. It would make me so happy. So of course I am not mad I switched, I love this team. The fact that the team is named New York City FC is more then enough for me.

I had enough of redbulls because of the following:

Constant TURMOIL in the front office and coaching
Constant TURMOIL in the player personnel department

Is this looking familiar?

More importantly, the brand Red Bull, I never fully bought into it, and when I saw the HBO Sports segment on Redbull America, where the RedBull America BD President stated that all of this money being spent on sports teams and stadiums and extreme sports, is all MARKETING for Redbull nothing more, and nothing less....I said SOB, they don't care 1% about the fans WOW. So I said Jeff them.

Now back to Petke. He was a great locker room guy but make no mistake, Henry ran the team. Henry ran the tam on the pitch and he had great influence on how they played to even telling management to get rid of certain players like Kenny Cooper, Lindepere, a couple of others I don't care to mention here. Petke was not a ggood coach in terms of tactics, but he never backed down form anyone either. That is why he and Henry butted heads many times. So to answer your question he wasn't that good of a coach but his firing signaled again to me as a fan this organization is a joke and not something I want to continue to support. From the way they treated fans, to management and now to a coach that was pretty successful on the field. It was enough.

That is why I am so disappointed in seeing NYCFC go down the same exact path as Redbulls over the last 19 years. This is not where we want to be. Let's hope the next coach NYCFC hires will be here for the long haul to develop something special and to develop a winner year in and year out.

Respect to Kreis, I would have told CFG, most of the players and especially the fans on nycfcforums.com to suck it.

:)
No one is making anyone stay anywhere if they're not interested in discussing things wth those who don't share similar opinions as themselves.

Last edited:
Super happy with this announcement. Almost everything has been said but I'll add two thoughts I haven't seen.

1. Best case scenario is that Kries gets snatched up by another MLS club quickly. Kries has proven that he is a big believer in needing some of his guys on any team he coaches. Kries going to another team and then trading for a bunch of his guys is our best route to dumping grabavoy and wingert.

2. Kries is always touted for what he won at RSL. We are lectured from the Kries supporters that we should all feel lucky to have had an MLS legend at the helm. Everyone said he knows all the ins and outs of the MLS, especially how to relate to MLS players. But maybe he had some gaps no one points out. Aside form a great general manager partner and small market success another very unique part his time at RSL was the transition he made from player to coach. He was on the field with guys one day as one of the best players in club history and then coaching them soon after. He never had to earn a locker room because he had the respect from the start. He could be smug, and exhibit all his other bad habits and no one would question him. Even as the guys he played with retired and moved on the foundation was in place. Without earning it as a player maybe the guy has no idea how to gain the trust of a team and hold a locker room. His behavior this year certainly suggests it's a possibility. He appears to have lost the locker room and his strategy was to cling to his RSL guys. Not the moves of a genius that knows the ins and outs of an MLS team to me. I hope he stays in the MLS, I'm very interested to see how things go at his next stop.

Just for reference, here is a list of all the guys who have won an MLS Cup:

Bruce Arena (5x)
Frank Yallop (2x)
Dominic Kinear (2x)
Sigi Schmid (2x)
Frank Yallop (2x)
Bob Bradley (1x)
Thomas Rongen (1x)
Bob Gansler (1x)
Piotr Nowak (1x)
Steve Sampson (1x)
Jason Kreis (1x)
Gary Smith (1x)
Peter Vermes (1x)

So for all the Kreis lovers who tout his 2009 win at RSL, why aren't you touting the 2 trophies Frank Yallop has? Or the one Gary Smith won with COLORADO in 2010? Dominic Kinnear won back to back titles with Houston.