Kreis Officially Out At NYCFC

This is classless BS from the team. Nameless spineless cowards leak vague allegations that are impossible to fact check after the guy is fired. No specific instances are mentioned that someone could follow up and disprove. Nothing was said until after the decision is made. This is just anonymous character assassination in service of a craven organization.
I think he may be making fun of the the "jk" thing. Similar to someone making up the paraphrased Chelsea player quotes.

I don't know how excited I should be about this move until his replacement is hired. I have a strong feeling that it'll probably be someone without MLS experience.

Reactions: Konrad
Nycfc episode four: a new hope - team is formed, sign kreis, villa, lampard.

Episode 5: the empire strikes back- lampard fiasco

Episode six: return of the Jedi : mix and poku signed

Episode seven: the force awakens - kreis fired...

I've gotta say, I've been awakened. These last two months I completely lost interest in the team, and was just waiting for the new season to start, and a new kit, and hoping for the best. I even delayed renewing my seats until the very last day because it felt like this team was headed towards a dead end. Getting rid of Kreis has lit a spark in me again. There is a new hope.

Last edited:
Why are you letting a tweet from a comedian rile you up as if it is fact? Alexis is a good dude and very funny but a reputable journalist he is not.
Because I think it's more likely that the cowards behind the story shopped it to real journalists first and gave it to Alexis when they rejected it, than that Alexis made it up in his head.

Because I think it's more likely that the cowards behind the story shopped it to real journalists first and gave it to Alexis when they rejected it, than that Alexis made it up in his head.
Seriously, isn't this just a riff on the Phil Lamb criticisms of Klinnsman?

Or am I really living in a world where 2 of the 3 teams I care about have been managed this way?

If it's a manufactured story and not a joke or the truth, it's really lacking in creativity.

I think he may be making fun of the the "jk" thing. Similar to someone making up the paraphrased Chelsea player quotes.
He claims otherwise.
Screen Shot 2015-11-02 at 10.23.29 PM.png
Maybe this is a big "Never no mind," but I think you can never go wrong displaying contempt for nameless sources who anonymously badmouth someone. And if it turns out they didn't exist but were made up by Alexis, then my aim was off-target but the scorn is even more warranted.

He claims otherwise.
View attachment 3560
Maybe this is a big "Never no mind," but I think you can never go wrong displaying contempt for nameless sources who anonymously badmouth someone. And if it turns out they didn't exist but were made up by Alexis, then my aim was off-target but the scorn is even more warranted.
ETA: Admittedly this is a sideshow. If folks didn't question me about it (and I understand why roxfontaine and Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan did) it would have been a one-off post. I'm not losing sleep over it.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
Oh, and I actually don't want Mourinho for NYCFC. I would love him for our Nats. But I don't want to watch that shit weekly.

Reactions: Paul
ETA: Admittedly this is a sideshow. If folks didn't question me about it (and I understand why roxfontaine and Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan did) it would have been a one-off post. I'm not losing sleep over it.
I was just curious if it was real. I thought it was another paraphrased famous manager criticism. It looks like the dude at least intended it to be legit. I have no basis to pass judgment either way. But evidence suggests it may not be far from the truth.

If he didn't give sound instruction, it would explain why almost no one grasped what he wanted as well as the wingavoy and why to a man no one new seemed to mesh well.

This is classless BS from the team. Nameless spineless cowards leak vague allegations that are impossible to fact check after the guy is fired. No specific instances are mentioned that someone could follow up and disprove. Nothing was said until after the decision is made. This is just anonymous character assassination in service of a craven organization.
Craven. Oh dear. The coach didn't deliver and was fired for it. We move on.

I've gotta say, I've been awakened. This last two months, I completely lost interest in the team, and was just waiting for the new season to start, and a new kit, and hoping for the best. I even delayed renewing my seats until the very last day because it felt like this team was headed towards a dead end. Getting rid of Kreis has lite a spark in me again. There is a new hope.
Don't worry the new hire will crush your dreams and hopes soon enough.

Trying to remember any MLS coaching change after the 1st season ever working in this league. But then again there are others that held onto a broken coach too long. Orlando?