Kreis Officially Out At NYCFC

Hughes wasn't a cfg appointment and was no where near the required standard.Mancini got to big for his own boots and had to go.and pellergrini is at the moment seeing out the season before pep comes in the summer which has always been the plan.
So in answer cfg have sacked one cfg appointment

I don't know if I buy the whole we didn't make the playoffs so we fired you reason. I think there was a fallout between Kreis and CFG around the time of the Pirlo signing. I think there was pressure from above to play Lampard and Pirlo even if both were not match fit and other players I guess we will hear more in the next couple of days.

If there was a falling out like that then I think it was smart to move on. If there wasn't, then I think it is a very questionable call. You could have very easily let him go next year and give a new manager in 2017 a shot with two new DPs after Pirlo and Lampard are gone. I think any new manager is going to have a lot of the same problems that Kreis had last year. If we don't make the playoffs with a flaw roster next year are we going to fire him too?

Maybe the silver lining is that some of these RSL oldies will go.

Reactions: Kjbert
I cannot BELIEVE there are fans of THIS CLUB that hate this decision. How many more times do you want to see Poku on the bench, Mix on the wing, and the ugly fuck himself Ned Grabavoy? Let's not act like the only reason we were losing was because we only had 1 DP for the full season.

Well well well....after having a full day to digest everything, there is a few words that come to mind about this whole situation and about our team. I will list them for you. DISAPPOINTMENT, CLUSTER****, TURNSTILE.

I refuse to believe that Kreis got fired because he failed to make the playoffs. If CFG actually thought that this team can make the playoffs with David Villa and a bunch of MLS so to be rejects like Grabavoy, Wingert, Ballouchy, Brovsky, Saunders, etc....( we made this list before 100X) then I really we are ALL IN TROUBLE in terms of their whole evaluation process.

This firing simply has to do with Kreis not bending over, and bowing down to CFG. Simple as that which really worries. Kreis was showing his displeasure with Pirlo, he was showing his displeasure with the way CFG handled Lampard, and a few other things here and there and as I suspected a couple of weeks ago, I think their personalities don't mix. CFG needs someone that will do whatever CFG says without question. Kreis isn't like that so I think we can all forget about a coach coming in here and developing a perennial winning team year in and year out and staying with the team for the long haul. Which makes this move such a dissapointment.

Sure Kreis made mistakes but the fact that he was our first coach and a good one at that, I had hopes that we can all grow and he can make this team into a winner starting next year. Now what do we have?

We have no coach, a revolving door in the front office and in the coaching staff, a revolving door with the players, no stadium (not even close of getting), we have one of the worst teams in the league with 3 old dps and no real young talent except for Poku and Mix.

Again I go back to the question, wtf was CFG looking for when they hired Kreis and then tying one of his hands behind his back with Lampard and knowing the constraints of an MLS expansion team? I have quickly soured on CFG and really makes me question this team top to bottom. There is absolutely NO WAY they hire Kreis two years ago thinking he needs to make the playoffs his first year or else he is gone. NO WAY.

I sat through 19 years of BS from the Redbulls and Metrostars, and this type of offseason was the norm year in and year out for the that sorry ass franchise, and here we are in year 1, we do exactly as they did, to the T. Front office changes, coaching changes, 70% turnover in players year in and year out. This is the worst place to be as a franchise and for fans.

http://www.socceramerica.com/article/66382/did-jason-kreis-ever-have-a-chance.html

If you haven't already you should give this article a read. It's about the "real reason" Kries was fired.
This article has my thoughts exactly. Exactly as I have been saying for months in defending Kreis. Months ago I stated that he would be great for TFC and he may very well go there. I think Kreis's personality will do great in Canada and do great with Bradley and Giovinco. They will be firing Vanney soon. Here at NYCFC he had Pirlo and Lampard who quite frankly did not respect Kreis and thought of themselves above Kreis.

Again I go back to months ago when Kreis questioned the commitments of some players, I knew then it was about Pirlo mostly and he was 100% right. Again as I stated earlier, the fans are the real losers in all of this. So we have an offseason with a new coach, a new system and players to look forward to. Same as last year. Then when the new season begins and we get off to a horrid start again, we will all be saying, give it time give it time. My ass. The time given was this season.

So far this fucking franchise is a complete joke.

http://www.socceramerica.com/article/66382/did-jason-kreis-ever-have-a-chance.html

If you haven't already you should give this article a read. It's about the "real reason" Kries was fired.

Bullshit. Kreis has no one to blame but himself.

Name one thing he did well. Roster construction, poor. Lineups, poor. Tactics, poor. Player management, poor.

It's arrogant to think someone can do better? Really? Then I guess I'm arrogant too.

I think it's telling that the pro-Kreis crowd has nothing but excuses, and the only actual positive they ever point to is something he did 6 years ago.