Kreis Says Wingert To Stay

It is not what you are missing, it is what he is missing. If you want to build around veterans, build around Villa, Pirlo, and Lampard. You don't build around an average at best player.

It's so evident he plays favorites and he literally can't even do anything to justify it at this point.

I have no problem if Wingert is still on the team next year. He is a veteran that would provide good depth. But to say you're going to build a team around him is complete madness.

I hope that he is just being politically correct, even when his actions speak otherwise.

Reactions: Kjbert
If we have to keep one of the followers of Kreis, Wingert is the best. He's from New York, has the best hair, the best smile, and is the nicest with the fans.

Did someone specifically ask him about Wingert? I mean it won't make it any better that he considers him a veteran to "build around", but at least its an answer that was "forced" out of him. Eh, I don't even know what the hell I'm trying to say.

If not for the salary, I would keep him around. He's great with the fans - apparently a great guy in the locker room.

But this is MLS. If Kreis can't understand how valuable 210k worth of cap space is in this league, then he can't manage in MLS. There is no Garth Lagerway here to cover his tracks.

Grabavoy. Wingert. Calle. 3 monster salaries with no yield this season. It can't happen again next year.

In his post game comments, Kreis singled out Wingert and said, as an important veteran, he's a centerpiece to build around next year.

What am I missing?

Wow.....if Wingert is on the team next year I will go bananas. Wingert is one of the worst "pro" soccer players I have ever seen in my life. And if Kreis really believes that, then he is really trying to get fired. Wingert bring nothing to the table. He has slow feet, no touch, and get's man handled physically. So in short he doesn't belong on the field.

His lisp is pissing me off.
He said "Facey removed himself with a quad injury".

Last edited:
By the way I use the term pro when talking about Wingert very loosely. He is truly abysmal. Anyone else see that header in the box tonight, straight comical.

Reactions: Kjbert
The following players should never see the field for NYCFC moving forward:

Wingert, Brovsky, Calle, RJ Allen, Pirlo, (sorry Pirlo is Pirlo but MLS is not for him, the league is to strong, to fast), Jacobsen & Grabavoy. Holy shit all of these guys had MAJOR minutes for us, wow! And we didn't make the playoffs? Gotta be kidding me.

The players I would keep heading into pre-season.

Mullins, Villa, Facey, Angelino, Ballouchy (only as midfield depth if we can't get anyone better). Lampard, Poku, Hernandez (only CB depth, gotta get someone better. Saunders (only as backup, gotta get someone better). McNamara (again mostly for depth, see if we can get better mids), Shelton. Mix (and hopefully Kreis finds a way to play him in the center. He is wasted on the wings).

Next season can't come soon enough. Hopefully we can add better mids in the offseason and another true striker to partner up with Villa. Most important positions to fill with above avg MLS players are:

GK, CB (2), Center Mid (1) and Striker (1). I hope we can do it.

In his post game comments, Kreis singled out Wingert and said, as an important veteran, he's a centerpiece to build around next year.

What am I missing?
I don't get this. Even at RSL Kreis knew Wingert was getting too slow and was working on ways to replace him. Now he's even older and slower. Why build a defense around him? If he really said it, maybe he's just pumping him up so some slack-jaw club like Colorado or Chicago buy him. Otherwise I'm at a loss. I like Wingert he has heart but he isn't the the future and he isn't even a starter now in MLS especially in 2016.

Reactions: whill4 and Kjbert