Lafc Astroturfing A Supporters Group

Cosmos fans = Village Idiots. It doesn't take too much time surfing the 'net to come to that conclusion.
I also liked [that particular Cosmos personality whose name I won't mention]'s claim that random people stop him in the streets to tell him what they think about NYCFC.
Can't remember the last time I surfed into that particular site, but is that the same jackass who swears up and down NYCFC will fail because all the inside info he gets during his power lunches with MLS honchos AND conversations he overhears between security guards at the Bronx Courthouse?

It is worth mentioning that the people who talk about TR being staged by NYCFC also bring up that Matt Wolff, NYCFC's graphic designer, also designed the TR logo (hand with the three bolts). Obviously, I don't think that makes a lick of difference one way or another but they're going to bring it up.

Also on that, Matt Wolff is very, very good at what he does. Was looking at his portfolio this morning and enjoying a lot of his designs, including a very smart one for my own New Orleans Pelicans. Makes total sense to use his talents for TR.

Reactions: Paul
I don't understand the fuss here.

You can have more than one SG and if the club wants to launch their own SG....who cares?

Reactions: Kjbert
I don't understand the fuss here.

You can have more than one SG and if the club wants to launch their own SG....who cares?

The notion is that people treat club-run SGs with suspicion as they could be attempts by the clubs to control the fans and make the supporters culture go how they want it to go. Maybe some are like that, maybe some aren't, but the idea that it might be happening immediately makes people sceptical about the SG's credibility.

Reactions: jerseyhotspur
The notion is that people treat club-run SGs with suspicion as they could be attempts by the clubs to control the fans and make the supporters culture go how they want it to go. Maybe some are like that, maybe some aren't, but the idea that it might be happening immediately makes people sceptical about the SG's credibility.
Yes, but that seems so obvious to me, the simple solution would be to not join that group?

I sort of imagine it being the squeaky clean SG for the casual family to join and not have to really put any effort into.

I don't see it being a problem until they try and ban any other SG for the sake of control, which really, I can't imagine them doing.

Obviously, they reacted to their fans and scrapped the idea so its a non-story to me.

Yes, but that seems so obvious to me, the simple solution would be to not join that group?

I sort of imagine it being the squeaky clean SG for the casual family to join and not have to really put any effort into.

I don't see it being a problem until they try and ban any other SG for the sake of control, which really, I can't imagine them doing.

Obviously, they reacted to their fans and scrapped the idea so its a non-story to me.

Well, if that SG is the only one that exists it doesn't leave you with much choice. Also, depending on your motivations, accusations of a SG being run by the club may be used to discredit the club itself as well as just the SG.

Reactions: LostAnvil
Well, if that SG is the only one that exists it doesn't leave you with much choice. Also, depending on your motivations, accusations of a SG being run by the club may be used to discredit the club itself as well as just the SG.
Which is why all the cosmos clowns and RB fans accuse the third rail of being FO ran.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
Well, yeah, if the club isn't straight-forward about the SG being officially backed by the club itself that opens the door for blowback.

Listening to one of the owners (can't remember his name) speak about taking his family to a Portland Timbers game and just being blown the hell away by the crowd, this was probably his idea, because he really wants to recreate that feeling for his team.

It was probably with the best intentions, just poorly executed. Though if the club is willing to finance the SG, pay for tifos, ect. but still allow the group to have almost complete autonomy would that really be so bad?

Well, yeah, if the club isn't straight-forward about the SG being officially backed by the club itself that opens the door for blowback.

Listening to one of the owners (can't remember his name) speak about taking his family to a Portland Timbers game and just being blown the hell away by the crowd, this was probably his idea, because he really wants to recreate that feeling for his team.

It was probably with the best intentions, just poorly executed. Though if the club is willing to finance the SG, pay for tifos, ect. but still allow the group to have almost complete autonomy would that really be so bad?
That's not gonna happen. If RB was paying fortifos, they would silence any anti RB tifos etc. Why would I pay to get slandered in my own facility?

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT