Third Los Angeles Mls Team

LionNYC

Registered
Staff member
Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
Let me first say that my thinking behind this has no source whatsoever behind it.

I think that Los Angeles will have a third MLS team in the future of MLS expansion. Stan Kroenke owns all of Denver's sports teams (except the Broncos) including the Colorado Rapids. (Well actually his son owns the teams, I'll explain why shortly). The Rapids are possibly one of the worst managed teams in MLS. I think the Fire have stepped it up this year with their moves during the draft.

That being said, Kroenke also owns the newly relocated Los Angeles rams and building a billion dollar complex over in Inglewood. Imagine if new Mercedes Benz Stadium in Atlanta and AT&T Stadium in Dallas had a baby that was given stadium growth hormones all its life. This will become the new iconic America stadium for American football, and sport in general, after the Rose Bowl (it doesn't have the luxury factor for the 21st century).

The NFL doesn't allow owners to own teams in other markets regardless of the league or sport, that's why it's in his son's name. But a third MLS team in Los Angeles could be owned in name by Stan.

Kroenke is also the largest shareholder of a little club in England called Arsenal. I don't think that Arsenal would spend any time in their offseason in Denver but they would in LA. Synergy, synergy, synergy. Derbies are great but how about three teams in a single city. Somewhere deep down in the mind and heart of Don Garber he wants the Cosmos in MLS so that NYCFC, Red Bulls, and the Cosmos can fight it out for the New York Cup.

This new LA stadium (for the Rams) is going to be an NFL headquarters so there isn't anything planned for soccer there in terms of field or size, but hey, the Copa America final is being played at MetLife which wasn't planned for soccer.

With the stadium hopefully ready to open in 2018, LA3 could match the opening of LAFC but I think that MLS would want to spread it around.

There's a less than 1% chance of this happening, but I just wanted to write it out...Galaxy, LAFC, LA3

One weird thing about this trademark story is that trademarks are made and rights granted by usage more than registration. The registration mostly just formalizes the rights created by usage. If you register a mark and never use it, it won't stand up. Which means that either this company plans go introduce NY United real soon or this was a completely pointless exercise.

Reactions: Paul
Some are saying its silva, the part owner of Miami fc of NASL so everyone thinks he's involved somehow but who knows

Like in hockey and American football we need another NY team stationed in buffalo to get the hope up of many fans over there at the beginning of the season to sorely disappoint by the middle and end of the season. They would also some how have a buffalo on their jersey somewhere which would be cool.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I don't think a 3rd LA team is coming. With NFL coming back it will be hard enough to grow the markets for LAFC and Galaxy.

It's just the 1st several rows of results for a google image search for cosmopolitan - which is all magazine covers.
Yeah, I guess I should have written Cosmopolitan Soccer League so that nobody could take a freebie at it. Well Played!

Reactions: mgarbowski