Rolling Weekly Poll

• Dome Out

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • Dome Stay

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Too Early to Overreact

Votes: 20 52.6%

• Total voters
BTW if Sweat had not created the goal, this would have been his worse match ever for us, by far. He has never been precise or reliable in his passing and decision making, but yesterday was abysmal. He seemed to send every other pass to a rival player, many times under no great pressure whatsoever. Besides the penalty he could have easily been the direct cause of another LAFC goal. In only 40 minutes he gifted LAFC 4 or 5 half chances that were not major chances only because he wasn't close enough to our 18 when he gave the ball away. Mata is, without a doubt, the lesser of two evils at LB, dumb and chaotic as he is.
I am generally not as hard on Sweat as others, but this. He looked like he did during that scary first appearance for the USMNT - he couldn't complete a simple pass several times. It happened so often, it tilted the field. And that's completely separate from his trademark tackle which often begs for a card and a PK, as it did. Keep him out of the (other team's) final third.

I am generally not as hard on Sweat as others, but this. He looked like he did during that scary first appearance for the USMNT - he couldn't complete a simple pass several times. It happened so often, it tilted the field. And that's completely separate from his trademark tackle which often begs for a card and a PK, as it did. Keep him out of the (other team's) final third.
the other thing he does that kills me is collect a pass near midfield, step on the ball, turn back inside, wait for pressure to come and pass the ball backwards while two or three guys are killing themselves to provide forward options that he just never even considers playing.

And this only occurs when they don't pressure him with two players. If you run two guys at him, Callens and Chanot and Sands should immediately turn their backs and retreat to the top of our box, because it's about to come the other way AT PACE.

I don’t think the club will release him.

Beyond that, Tab seems not to rate him for some reason if we look at how he hasn’t called him up much at all this cycle. Or NYCFC has just made clear from the beginning that he wouldn’t be available so Tab moved on early.

Considering Hackworth had James playing regularly in the U-17 cycle (this same team) two years ago, and with him only improving in that time, with the onus now on Tab, it does appear it is a choice that he is not being selected.

Right??

Turns out you can get a big old pile of fries with strips of steak on them!

Damned if I can remember where though. Somewhere on the 100 level.

The below link should be a good guide to some of the less repulsive things on the menu at Yankee Stadium.

Looks like you can get steak and fries from two locations.
  • Lobel's in Section 132 has "Steak and Potato Fries"
  • Rotisserie in Section 105 has "10 oz flatiron with shoestring fries"
https://www.mlb.com/yankees/ballpark/food

Reactions: Kjbert and Jock
Considering Hackworth had James playing regularly in the U-17 cycle (this same team) two years ago, and with him only improving in that time, with the onus now on Tab, it does appear it is a choice that he is not being selected.
Considering Juan Pablo Torres was called into the U-20 Camp, its really safe to assume that Sands is at NYCFC because Claudio and Tab decided that is the best place for him the next week and not because JPT is rated higher than Sands. I think James spot in the starting 11 at the WC is not in doubt, just whether he plays Mid or D

Reactions: Christopher Jee
We have the pieces to play a different formation but we don’t. Dumb.

Play a 4-4-2 diamond.

Reactions: hatt91
My general take on this game and season are as follows.

The results are sub-par. Draws are a terrible outcome, because you would get so much more from splitting those games between losses and ties. It's especially bad given than 2 of the 3 games were at home. There isn't much to like in the results.

On the other hand, the performance on Sunday was good. More importantly, the performances have gotten better and better each week, even while the opponents have gotten tougher. We've bossed possession and shots on target against two of the best 4-5 teams in the league.

Yes, the results have to get better - the play has to get better too. But, the team really seems to be improving week-on-week. I am feeling a lot better about our chances than I did during the pre-season and after the Orlando game.

I think back to 2016. After that horrible 2015 season, we started really slow. We got only 7 points in the first 7 games, including a 6-game winless streak after an opening game win. I felt the whole time, however, that our play was greatly improved and that we would start getting results over time. We did. We got 10 points in the next 4 games and eventually finished the season 4th in the Supporters' Shield standings.

I think (hope) that we are on a similar trajectory this time.

Considering Juan Pablo Torres was called into the U-20 Camp, its really safe to assume that Sands is at NYCFC because Claudio and Tab decided that is the best place for him the next week and not because JPT is rated higher than Sands. I think James spot in the starting 11 at the WC is not in doubt, just whether he plays Mid or D

I'm genuinely curious, not in any way trying to be confrontational.

You think he's gonna bring in a kid (Sands) who has not played with this specific group in over a year and change, to automatically start on a team that just ran the table in CONCACAF without him? I would love for him to be included and thinks he deserves a spot, however, I do think him not getting called for this camp is indicative of the US U20 roster going into the summer.

I don't like Maxi as the 9. I understand why he is up there given our roster but the first year under PV he was getting the ball too deep to be most effective and now he is getting it too high. If Dome asks me its time to try Parks instead of Ofori and pivot the two in and out of the 9. From what I have seen Parks has the skillset to move the ball better than Ofori. With Sands and Ring in the middle I think we can put more O in the midfield than Ofori.
This is it for me.

Considering our lack of a #9 at the moment, and the inability for Taty to establish himself up there, I totally get why Maxi is there, it makes sense to me. But then we lose a midfielder who can bring the ball up. That is where Keaton Parks needs to come in. He can possess the ball and bring it into the attack.

Ring can't really do that. Ofori can't really do that. We don't know if Sands can or not, but I don't want him doing that considering his role and what he's shown there.

Many people noted (in our Shoutbox, twitter, and Reddit) that the LAFC Away supporters were very loud and even louder than our guys. I did think that our supporters did not sound loud, but wondered if something affected the acoustics and the way the sound carried. There were a couple of times I looked over to our supporters and they were singing, and bouncing and drumming and I could barely hear them including the drums. The drum noise shouldn't vary that much.
I'm not sure I can draw a conclusion except to say maybe our guys weren't weak but physics did them in. Maybe.

Many people noted (in our Shoutbox, twitter, and Reddit) that the LAFC Away supporters were very loud and even louder than our guys. I did think that our supporters did not sound loud, but wondered if something affected the acoustics and the way the sound carried. There were a couple of times I looked over to our supporters and they were singing, and bouncing and drumming and I could barely hear them including the drums. The drum noise shouldn't vary that much.
I'm not sure I can draw a conclusion except to say maybe our guys weren't weak but physics did them in. Maybe.
I think this has a decent amount to do with it. Where the visiting supporters section is, they're under a roof that helps the noise they make be more directed towards the field, whereas the bleachers don't have any of that.

That said, props are definitely well deserved to the visiting LAFC fans. The largest non-RB away section I think I've seen since Seattle in year 1, and arguably the rowdiest we've ever seen (including RB games).

I was in the supporter section and I can tell you that 238 was not very bouncy until the final quarter of the game, it was actually pretty silent- the other two sections were bustling though

I'm genuinely curious, not in any way trying to be confrontational.

You think he's gonna bring in a kid (Sands) who has not played with this specific group in over a year and change, to automatically start on a team that just ran the table in CONCACAF without him? I would love for him to be included and thinks he deserves a spot, however, I do think him not getting called for this camp is indicative of the US U20 roster going into the summer.

You can be confrontational. These are the defenders called into camp.

Sergino Dest (Ajax/NED; Almere-Stad, Netherlands; 6/1), Chris Gloster (Hannover 96/GER; South Orange, N.J.; 9/0), Aboubacar Keita (Columbus Crew SC; Columbus, Ohio; 0/0), Jaylin Lindsey (Sporting Kansas City; Charlotte, N.C.; 5/0), Matthew Real (Philadelphia Union; Drexel Hill, Pa.; 8/0), Chris Richards (Bayern Munich/GER; Hoover, Ala.; 6/0)

I can give Dest, Gloster and Richards a pass for not being able to break into their first teams, but no way do the MLS players rate higher. Anybody can watch tape and see what James is doing against Vela and Rooney (in 2018 and 2019).

My theory is that Claudio wanted Sands available during the playoffs rather than have him play U20 qualifying. He anchored the U17 team and I expect him to play every minute of the U20 WC at either CB or a 6.

I am wrong a lot, but that's my thinking. You wont piss me off if you tell me I am wrong.

That said, props are definitely well deserved to the visiting LAFC fans. The largest non-RB away section I think I've seen since Seattle in year 1, and arguably the rowdiest we've ever seen (including RB games).

Does anyone know how they ended up with such a big crowd here? For example, did the SG make a special push to urge its members to represent cross-country or anything like that? Or do they do this every Away week?

You can be confrontational. These are the defenders called into camp.

Sergino Dest (Ajax/NED; Almere-Stad, Netherlands; 6/1), Chris Gloster (Hannover 96/GER; South Orange, N.J.; 9/0), Aboubacar Keita (Columbus Crew SC; Columbus, Ohio; 0/0), Jaylin Lindsey (Sporting Kansas City; Charlotte, N.C.; 5/0), Matthew Real (Philadelphia Union; Drexel Hill, Pa.; 8/0), Chris Richards (Bayern Munich/GER; Hoover, Ala.; 6/0)

I can give Dest, Gloster and Richards a pass for not being able to break into their first teams, but no way do the MLS players rate higher. Anybody can watch tape and see what James is doing against Vela and Rooney (in 2018 and 2019).

My theory is that Claudio wanted Sands available during the playoffs rather than have him play U20 qualifying. He anchored the U17 team and I expect him to play every minute of the U20 WC at either CB or a 6.

I am wrong a lot, but that's my thinking. You wont piss me off if you tell me I am wrong.

you are wrong lol.

just kidding, hopefully, that's what happens I won't be mad at all!!
beer bet?

There was 200 of them and they’re pretty darn close to where the tv announcers are stationed so the announcers mics may have picked it up a bit better for the LAFC supporters. So if people were commenting based on what they heard on tv I could believe it, but yeah our supporters were pretty weak yesterday. Maybe too much drinking Saturday for an early St. Patrick’s Day celebration leading to a hangover Sunday and not wanting to yell lol.

Reactions: Vallos