Lampard officially injured...

By the way, if the 3-4 weeks is accurate, he will miss 2 games and be back for our last 2. This is because the 3rd week we are off for international break and the 4th week is the DCU game on Sunday, October 16.

This, the international break actually helps the timeline. Wouldn't be surprised if his first game back is the CLB game on Oct 23rd, to not have him travel to DCU.

That is of course if the timeline is accurate, and we all have reasons to be skeptical.

This, the international break actually helps the timeline. Wouldn't be surprised if his first game back is the CLB game on Oct 23rd, to not have him travel to DCU.

That is of course if the timeline is accurate, and we all have reasons to be skeptical.
As long as during the next 3-4 weeks no pics turn up on social media of him on a tropical beach... the second coming of Lothar Matthaus would be a king kong kick in the nuts.

This probably changes the calculus on Lampard getting another year.

This is probably for the best. I don't want to take anything away from what he's done on the field when healthy but tying up a DP spot on a 39 year old player who missed 12 games and counting the previous season seems far too risky.

Last edited:
As long as during the next 3-4 weeks no pics turn up on social media of him on a tropical beach... the second coming of Lothar Matthaus would be a king kong kick in the nuts.
I expect lots of training and rehabilitation pictures and videos. Although adam adam may have clarified, I still think Lampard believes that he was booed because the fans were not aware of how hard he worked to return. And I am certain the team believes that as well. Therefore, there may be a concerted effort to show him working hard to return. With that said, a barrage of sightseeing photos would still not surprise me either.

so him clapping being subbed out last game may have been the last time i see him live since its still iffy if he will even see the field should we make the playoffs. he wont be 100%

so him clapping being subbed out last game may have been the last time i see him live since its still iffy if he will even see the field should we make the playoffs. he wont be 100%

You might be able to catch in sub in for Chelsea in February for his farewell tour.

Reactions: ktdNYCFC and Ulrich
With this injury to Lampard, and his contract ending this season (right?), I can't see NYCFC giving him an extension for DP money. It's a nagging problem him missing games and we can't afford to use that spot on someone who may be out for many games next season. Cut the cord after this year after the excellent season he had for the games he played.

For what it's worth the announcement said it was not the same muscle.
They said the injury was to the soleus this time, and to the gastrocnemius last time. The gastroc attaches from the femur, the thigh bone, to the heel through the Achilles tendon. It crosses two joints, the knee and the ankle, making it a more complicated muscle, and that could have contributed to the length of the last rehab.

The soleus by comparison, sits under the gastrocnemius and starts on the tibia going to the heel through the Achilles tendon. By only crossing one joint, it is a less complicated healing process, and I'd expect it to be shorter and less involved.

As always, NYCFC has not been accurate with injury reporting in the past, so all this is dependent upon the accuracy of their diagnosis.

With this injury to Lampard, and his contract ending this season (right?), I can't see NYCFC giving him an extension for DP money. It's a nagging problem him missing games and we can't afford to use that spot on someone who may be out for many games next season. Cut the cord after this year after the excellent season he had for the games he played.

I sure hope so. As good as he played for parts of this year, I'm ready to close the Lampard chapter of our history.

I wouldn't be against offering him TAM wages to return with lower expectations, but I'll speculate that he'd rather start his broadcasting career back in England than play for cheap.

They said the injury was to the soleus this time, and to the gastrocnemius last time. The gastroc attaches from the femur, the thigh bone, to the heel through the Achilles tendon. It crosses two joints, the knee and the ankle, making it a more complicated muscle, and that could have contributed to the length of the last rehab.

The soleus by comparison, sits under the gastrocnemius and starts on the tibia going to the heel through the Achilles tendon. By only crossing one joint, it is a less complicated healing process, and I'd expect it to be shorter and less involved.

As always, NYCFC has not been accurate with injury reporting in the past, so all this is dependent upon the accuracy of their diagnosis.
-1 on my running count of attorneys on the Forums.

You had T Tom in Fairfield CT pegged as a lawyer? Pretty sure he's an orthopedic surgeon, or at the very least a Sports physical therapist.

He's also Current President of the PlayMix Foundation, and I only know that because I'm also a charter member.
No, I just meant someone who (thankfully) isn't a lawyer, not that I had him pegged as one before (the -1 probably was misleading). It's nice to have folks with substantive expertise on the issues we discuss. You, as well, buddy wink wink.

Reactions: Gavin23 and Ulrich
I sure hope so. As good as he played for parts of this year, I'm ready to close the Lampard chapter of our history.

I wouldn't be against offering him TAM wages to return with lower expectations, but I'll speculate that he'd rather start his broadcasting career back in England than play for cheap.

Waive Mix (so his salary doesn't count against our books), give that money to Lampard and sign a new DP.

You had T Tom in Fairfield CT pegged as a lawyer? Pretty sure he's an orthopedic surgeon, or at the very least a Sports physical therapist.

He's also Current President of the PlayMix Foundation, and I only know that because I'm also a charter member.
but don't the bylaws prohibit holding President post in both PlayMix & FuckLamps Foundations simultaneously?

Reactions: Schwallacus
but don't the bylaws prohibit holding President post in both PlayMix & FuckLamps Foundations simultaneously?
Yes, but technically he's only Chairman of the Board (not President) for the second one, so that's allowed.

It's all ball bearings now a days!