Leagues Cup - August 11 - Pumas (Home)

1. I forgot Haak was on the team.
2. I also forgot about and maybe thought Zelalem was not on the team anymore.
3. Talles is all of a sudden healthy?

They have to name a roster for the competition. So they are probably assuming talles will be ok if they make it to later rounds.

Omission of tinner for zelalem is interesting but not a bad one. Tinner could use the rest and this gives gray more experience and hopefully will impress even more.

Really hope haak gets some solid minutes. I would like to win but I don't think we'd be downgrading much by playing our very good home growns.

I presume Tinny signed off on this. My only concern is if the club actually wins the tournament, he's kind of left out, as the only [main] guy on the team who didn't win anything. Does he end up feeling like the guy who dropped out of a group Lotto ticket the week before they win?

1. I forgot Haak was on the team.
2. I also forgot about and maybe thought Zelalem was not on the team anymore.
3. Talles is all of a sudden healthy?
Before last week’s game at Chicago, Ronny mentioned Talles was close to coming back and would be traveling with the team.

Not sure if he’s healthy enough to be available tomorrow yet, but he’s certainly close.

I presume Tinny signed off on this. My only concern is if the club actually wins the tournament, he's kind of left out, as the only [main] guy on the team who didn't win anything. Does he end up feeling like the guy who dropped out of a group Lotto ticket the week before they win?
They can add him for the next round if they make it.

Reactions: Kjbert and canchon
They can add him for the next round if they make it.
Can they? The article linked above says "NEW YORK CITY FC and PUMAS’ 25-player competition rosters for Leagues Cup were announced today, with just two days away from their game. On Wednesday, the teams will select 23 of these 25 players for the Matchday Rosters."

I read that as they have a 25 man roster for the tournament, and pick 23 for each game, with [totally guessing] maybe injury or hardship switches allowed.

Otherwise the procedure is they make teams announce 25 players 2 days before each game, and then they pick 23 on game day, and I've never seen anything that works like that.

Reactions: Kjbert and moogoo
Can they? The article linked above says "NEW YORK CITY FC and PUMAS’ 25-player competition rosters for Leagues Cup were announced today, with just two days away from their game. On Wednesday, the teams will select 23 of these 25 players for the Matchday Rosters."

I read that as they have a 25 man roster for the tournament, and pick 23 for each game, with [totally guessing] maybe injury or hardship switches allowed.

Otherwise the procedure is they make teams announce 25 players 2 days before each game, and then they pick 23 on game day, and I've never seen anything that works like that.

just googled..

there is a competition roster with max 30. a matchday roster with max 25. the linked article above seems to show the matchday roster. perhaps tinnerholm is already on the competition roster. if not, he can be added if we reach the semi-final or final round.

EDIT: and here is the competition roster, which DOES include anton.

so seems anton is just left out of this match for a rest. no problem with that.

Last edited:
Play your kids. Then sell them. Sands. Scally. Both impressive. Gray as highly touted as Sands. Play him

Anyone else going to be here?

i won't be. but i remember seeing at least a handful of folks on here will be attending. i'll be watching from home though. hopefully we put a hurting on pumas like seattle did to tigres (albeit a slightly weaker tigres).

also read that Ronny said Talles is available and his movements look even better than they did before. whether that means he'll play or not, who knows. But I think we'll see him on the bench and maybe get 15-20 mins.

Anyone else going to be here?

giphy.gif

i'll be watching from home though.
I just set the DVR to record. It's the only first round game in the tournament not on a Fox or ESPN station. Only Univision Deportes, which I think fewer people have than regular Univision, which is where MLS games tend to be.

I just set the DVR to record. It's the only first round game in the tournament not on a Fox or ESPN station. Only Univision Deportes, which I think fewer people have than regular Univision, which is where MLS games tend to be.

i'll be watching on ESPN+. Hopefully, the announcers aren't annoying.