Leagues Cup - August 11 - Pumas (Home)

giphy.gif
If you / anyone else wants to meet up pre-game, let me know! I'll probably be walking around the stadium anyway to check if the kosher option will be open. (never is for wednesday games, but you never know with such a big crowd expected)

If you / anyone else wants to meet up pre-game, let me know! I'll probably be walking around the stadium anyway to check if the kosher option will be open. (never is for wednesday games, but you never know with such a big crowd expected)
Sadly, if anything I will be late (or I hope barely on time) due to a 6pm conference call. But for once I am glad of a slightly later 8pm-ish start.

Sadly, if anything I will be late (or I hope barely on time) due to a 6pm conference call. But for once I am glad of a slightly later 8pm-ish start.
Good luck getting there on time! If it's a no-video you can drive while on the call ;) (just kidding, don't do that heh. Or do.)

I’ll be heading up tonight and am down to meet up for a beer or so outside the stadium beforehand.

injury report

heber is out (still not cleared to train with contact. another doctor's appointment next week)

anton unavailable as discussed earlier in this thread.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
If everything goes as planned my daughter (who I dont think you met yet) and I will be there well before kickoff but there are too many variables to make plans. It would be great to see you again.

Reactions: Shwafta
I'll be going to tonight's game, bringing my daughter and her two friends. It'll be my first match at Yankee Stadium since September of 2019. Looking forward to getting back to YS. Just hoping we're not punting this match like SKC.
If you want, a few of us *may* be meeting pre-game!

Looking at it now the defender takes out Santi from behind with no one between him and the keeper. And that happened before the supposed “handball” - so if you annul the goal for that foul, it’s dogso and a penalty kick as the foul occurred in the box.

only in concacaf can a player be taken out from behind in the box and the foul is called on the player falling to the ground. Wow.

First historic 3-hour-delay 2-var-disallowed-goal paid-ref shootout-loss home quarterfinal!!!!!!!

In all honesty, we should have won this game in the first half. Fuck the ref with the second VAR call, but we had SO many good chances. Should have put it to bed. And Ronny, big BIG mistake with no subs until WAY too late. Subs should have come 65th minute. They used up all 5 subs before we even made one. They were gassed out there. Tayvon wasn't playing well and should have come off EASILY in the 60th minute, three in the back, and brought on Gloster.

As soon as it went to pens I knew it was over. Johnson made two saves. We suck at taking penalties. Nothing new.

Also one last point, Sabo Sabo and I learned that the Shwafta Curses I inflict while messaging in the live chat apply to the live game as well. Almost every time I said something, anything on the field would happen to our detriment, either for or against what I was saying at the moment. Unreal.