Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
New York City FC vs. Pumas UNAM
Wednesday, August 11 8 PM ET
Yankee Stadium
TUDN, ESPN+

woo exciting. so glad it's at YS too. looking forward to be completely out numbered by pumas fans

Reactions: Victors87
woo exciting. so glad it's at YS too. looking forward to be completely out numbered by pumas fans

oh yes, early twitter comments of pumas fans is asking when tickets go on sale. some are legit excited its at the "mythical" yankee stadium.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
oh yes, early twitter comments of pumas fans is asking when tickets go on sale. some are legit excited its at the "mythical" yankee stadium.
It makes sense, I guess. But it really is kind of funny the way Yankee Stadium is looked at from MLS fans standpoint vs foreign fans and players.

I'm sure the Pumas fans that aren't able to go will change their mind though once they see that TV angle.

It makes sense, I guess. But it really is kind of funny the way Yankee Stadium is looked at from MLS fans standpoint vs foreign fans and players.

I'm sure the Pumas fans that aren't able to go will change their mind though once they see that TV angle.

the stadium is known internationally (although i think its mostly because of the events happening in the old stadium not the current one).

I know some tigres fans had preferred the CCL game at YS for the CCL ( i know one dude even went to YS the day before the CCL game just to visit the stadium even if it was from the outside). of course on TV looks terrible, in the stadium i guess it depends where you are sitting at. i dont mind the view from the bleachers.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
But it really is kind of funny the way Yankee Stadium is looked at from MLS fans standpoint vs foreign fans and players.
The disdain has gotten completely reflexive. Yesterday NYCFC tweeted that one of our September games is moving one day- I think from Saturday to Friday. There were replies calling NYCCC homeless and such, even though it’s an away game.

The disdain has gotten completely reflexive. Yesterday NYCFC tweeted that one of our September games is moving one day- I think from Saturday to Friday. There were replies calling NYCCC homeless and such, even though it’s an away game.
Lol, I haven't seen those, though that doesn't surprise me at all to see those kinds of reactions from certain parts of our fanbase.

Hell, I saw one fan respond to a tweet about Deila not having chosen a goalkeeper for Montreal saying something along the lines of it being incredibly dumb and that Sean Johnson has clearly shown he's the #1.

Lol, I haven't seen those, though that doesn't surprise me at all to see those kinds of reactions from certain parts of our fanbase.

Hell, I saw one fan respond to a tweet about Deila not having chosen a goalkeeper for Montreal saying something along the lines of it being incredibly dumb and that Sean Johnson has clearly shown he's the #1.

Not to you, Soup. To some people on the internet.

giphy.gif

ICYMI - STHs will have this game automatically deducted from your account for your number of seats. I.e., you get your season ticket seats for this game and the cost will be deducted UNLESS YOU OPT OUT. Game is on a wednesday at 8pm on 8/11. I tried the opt out link as I don't think I can make it, but for some reason it didn't work for me yet. YMMV. Hopefully it will get fixed. There was no information about the final day to opt-out.

EDIT: I just realized the reason why I couldn't opt out yet is because the tickets have yet to be loaded into the account (although my account balance already shows that the ticket cost has been deducted... funny how that is). Hopefully, the opt out will work on Friday.

Last edited:
ICYMI - STHs will have this game automatically deducted from your account for your number of seats. I.e., you get your season ticket seats for this game and the cost will be deducted UNLESS YOU OPT OUT. Game is on a wednesday at 8pm on 8/11. I tried the opt out link as I don't think I can make it, but for some reason it didn't work for me yet. YMMV. Hopefully it will get fixed. There was no information about the final day to opt-out.

EDIT: I just realized the reason why I couldn't opt out yet is because the tickets have yet to be loaded into the account (although my account balance already shows that the ticket cost has been deducted... funny how that is). Hopefully, the opt out will work on Friday.
It's hard to imagine market prices anywhere close to the prices they are trying to force upon their most loyal season ticket holders.

Thank you. This reminded me to opt out. And yes, the cost was already deducted from my balance even though a) they said they were doing that on Friday and b) the game was optional.

If I really want to attend that match - and based on experiences with Mexican fans at other matches, the answer is probably no - I'm sure I can those tickets much cheaper on the secondary market.

Reactions: daveh and moogoo
I declined my tickets (too expensive) and went on today to buy some cheaper ones -- amazingly, there don't appear to be too many tickets left relative to the other games, which I think means the place is going to be super-packed with PUMAS fans.

I declined my tickets (too expensive) and went on today to buy some cheaper ones -- amazingly, there don't appear to be too many tickets left relative to the other games, which I think means the place is going to be super-packed with PUMAS fans.
Wow. I just checked, you're right. That's crazy! It's gonna be a great atmosphere, at least.

Reactions: Kjbert