Leagues Cup - August 13 - Tigres (Away)

I thought Wolf was pretty poor - I kept thinking if he was more competent we would be winning more easily.
Yeah, Wolf didn't seem to have a great game and I was calling for him to be replaced by either Ojeda or Julian in the second half as the game seemed more ripe for those guys getting into space.

Reactions: dark knight
Yeah, Wolf didn't seem to have a great game and I was calling for him to be replaced by either Ojeda or Julian in the second half as the game seemed more ripe for those guys getting into space.

I think it was more a personnel issue than a Wolf issue though. Santi and Maxi took the space in the middle, Parks had his best, most active game in months dominating that right channel and Gray mostly stayed home. This left Wolf who is at his best when he is reading the game and finding pockets of space kind of isolated out on the right stuck playing pure RW role that isn't really his game. Julian is a better fit for that role but I hope the team can tactically figure out how to better unlock wolf within that Santi/Maxi/Wolf/Martinez line up because those guys are far and away our best 4 attackers right now.

I think it was more a personnel issue than a Wolf issue though. Santi and Maxi took the space in the middle, Parks had his best, most active game in months dominating that right channel and Gray mostly stayed home. This left Wolf who is at his best when he is reading the game and finding pockets of space kind of isolated out on the right stuck playing pure RW role that isn't really his game. Julian is a better fit for that role but I hope the team can tactically figure out how to better unlock wolf within that Santi/Maxi/Wolf/Martinez line up because those guys are far and away our best 4 attackers right now.
That's a great point and very interesting. It seems like really only 2 of Maxi/Wolf/Santi should be on the field at the same time.

That's a great point and very interesting. It seems like really only 2 of Maxi/Wolf/Santi should be on the field at the same time.

On paper, sticking with 2 of the 3 is probably the simplest solution given the skill set overlap but the dream would be that with some more time, they can find a way to make it work as I'd hate to see us bench any of them.