Looks Like We Are Being Invited To A Northeastern Cup/shield Competition

franchise646

Registered
Oct 31, 2014
Fans DC UNITED, Philadelphia Union, New England Revolution all seem to want to invite us to this east cost version of the Cascadia Cup along with the Red Bulls. The Red Bulls can't seem to agree among themselves on joining this thing, but I think they are in. Also everyone is looking for a name for this thing.

Fans DC UNITED, Philadelphia Union, New England Revolution all seem to want to invite us to this east cost version of the Cascadia Cup along with the Red Bulls. The Red Bulls can't seem to agree among themselves on joining this thing, but I think they are in. Also everyone is looking for a name for this thing.

like a pre season thing? i thought there was already something in place between DC and Red bulls

EDIT: sorry just re read it...lol i dont like these "rivarly" cups i think its lame. Just let the rivalry games be that rivalry games no need to give a "trophy" for it every year.

Eastern Cup or Atlantic Cup seems like the most logical name right?

I guess you could go with the Appalachian Cup as well but that seems really forced.

Reactions: joe
Eastern Cup or Atlantic Cup seems like the most logical name right?

I guess you could go with the Appalachian Cup as well but that seems really forced.
Atlantic Cup would work but it is already the name of the Red Bull-DCU rivalry. I like the idea of calling it the Nor'easter Shield/Cup/League.

Atlantic Cup would work but it is already the name of the Red Bull-DCU rivalry. I like the idea of calling it the Nor'easter Shield/Cup/League.
At the risk of sounded pedantic, Penn is more Mid-Atlantic as is DC.

LionNYC LionNYC Colonial is a good one. I think we actuay had a very similar conversation prior to the league start where this was a fairly well received name.

At the risk of sounded pedantic, Penn is more Mid-Atlantic as is DC.

LionNYC LionNYC Colonial is a good one. I think we actuay had a very similar conversation prior to the league start where this was a fairly well received name.
Consider how we as Americans are proud of the fact we rebelled against being Colonies, I dont think the public at large will like to go with Colonial Cup.

Consider how we as Americans are proud of the fact we rebelled against being Colonies, I dont think the public at large will like to go with Colonial Cup.
I think it cuts the other way. People use the word "colonies" to evoke the local pride in being the ones who engineered the successful revolution (even though it was people who lived here hundreds of years ago).

I think it cuts the other way. People use the word "colonies" to evoke the local pride in being the ones who engineered the successful revolution (even though it was people who lived here hundreds of years ago).
Yeah I don't that will take off. Neither will anything about the I-95.

Let's focus on this thing called the "MLS Cup" and possibly even the "US Open Cup", then I guess we can have some other "Cup". Honestly though, I think it's too deep to have 5 teams from 4 markets involved. It just doesn't excite me at all.

How is this going to work, if implemented? Do we just play the games we otherwise play and whoever earns the most points in direct matches among those teams gets the cup?

Anyone else getting cup fatigue? Enough, this is meaningless and stupid. Its not like any of these games will be at home anyway.

Reactions: Goodfella