Make up your damn mind - ticketing

During the Yankees rain delay, they showed the StubHub press conference. Randy Levine, Yankees Presidents, was asked repeatedly about what the price floor.

He said it was the one year full season price divided by 81 games divided by 50 percent. Dividing by 50 percent would double the value. Bad math.

They say they want to reconcile demand with the value of the brand. If they cared about the brand, they would care about attendance numbers more than who's sitting in those seats. Yankees care too much about #MakeLegendsGreatAgain

EDIT: Following a 3.5 hour rain delay, Yankees resume play. Yankees are up 6-5 with no outs in the top of the 9th. There's a runner on 1st with a 3-1 count inherited before the delay. Chapman is no longer in the game. The new pitcher hits three batters and the Yankees lose the game 9-6. It's a sign from God they're killing their fanbase.

Last edited:
During the Yankees rain delay, they showed the StubHub press conference. Randy Levine, Yankees Presidents, was asked repeatedly about what the price floor.

He said it was the one year full season price divided by 81 games divided by 50 percent. Dividing by 50 percent would double the value. Bad math.
Bad math aside, it seems they're simplifying the price floor since they charge STHs different prices for different games, which is something that doesn't affect us. I think they would be better off letting the floor float. If you have tickets that are $50 on average, but some games cost $75 and some cost $30, I would want to be able to sell the $30 tickets for $15 even if it meant the floor for the other end was $37.50.

I just tweeted @NYCFCHelp to ask when we might hear how this whole deal affects us.

"The new system with StubHub does not apply to NYCFC, the Major League Soccer team that launched last year and plays its games in Yankee Stadium, StubHub confirmed. This year, the Yankee Stadium print-at-home ticketing ban began with the first NYCFC game of the season, and it was a complete disaster. Many fans had not known about the ban, and showed up with printed-at-home tickets; those fans were funneled to a single gate, and many ended up waiting for nearly an hour and missing much of the event. NYCFC did not respond to requests for comment."
Why the New York Yankees’ switch to StubHub is a bad deal for fans

Reactions: adam
'“If you buy a ticket in a very premium location and pay a substantial amount of money,” he said, “it’s not that we don’t want that fan to sell it, but that fan is sitting there having paid a substantial amount of money for a ticket.” The new fan that buys the ticket cheaply, Trost continued, “may be someone who has never sat in a premium location. So that’s a frustration to our existing fan base.” Translation: We don’t want the type of people who can’t afford certain seats to ever end up sitting in those seats."'

HA HA HA HA oh my god, the Yankee organization is huge piece of shit. HOW DARE THE UNWASHED PLEBS WATCH OUR MILLIONAIRES PLAY FROM THE GOOD SEATS.

Being the jaded old grouch that I am, I wouldn't be too quick to look at this as some sort of fan friendly boon.

I saw an article that reported the Yankees are poised to make around $100 mil over the next 6 years with this deal. This agreement came to fruition, because Stub Hub caved to the Skankees demand for a bigger piece of the pie and that money isn't going to come out of their pockets.

They say they want to reconcile demand with the value of the brand. If they cared about the brand, they would care about attendance numbers more than who's sitting in those seats. Yankees care too much about #MakeLegendsGreatAgain

EDIT: Following a 3.5 hour rain delay, Yankees resume play. Yankees are up 6-5 with no outs in the top of the 9th. There's a runner on 1st with a 3-1 count inherited before the delay. Chapman is no longer in the game. The new pitcher hits three batters and the Yankees lose the game 9-6. It's a sign from God they're killing their fanbase.
I saw the video that guy posted of the empty stadium. There was like a dozen people there to watch the Yankees lose that game.

So are we expecting NYCFC, to move away from the ticket exchange to stubhub next year?

So are we expecting NYCFC, to move away from the ticket exchange to stubhub next year?
They Should let us know this ASAP, i have way better luck selling the tickets i'm not able to use on ticketmaster than stubhub, a think ticketmaster with the interactive map, gets more "public"

it doesnt matter to me as long we can continue to print tickets as sths
I think there is a strong chance that is not in effect next year. Again no hard info but reading the signs it seems that's how they are going, and I expect the reason we are not switching to an exclusive StibHub deal this year is because they kept their promise to allow printing through this season.

As long as NYCFC has a ticket resale program that is easy, with low fees and allows us to sell for a discount to face, I am happy. Most seats are pretty cheap as it is, so I don't think a 50% discount gets us much. I am mindful that the fees associated with resales are only a couple bucks a ticket, when they could be much more.

Reactions: mgarbowski
If I read the yankee announcement correctly, their deal with stubhub is only for mobile ticketing; if NYCFC follows along, the print at home feature might be done after this year. Honestly the only reason I use the print at home is to upload the pdf to stubhub, if I'm going to the game I have the card.

Reactions: Kjbert
Maybe I'm a little slow today...

I'm looking to sell my tickets for tomorrow. I haven't seen a clear 100% on this.

Can I download the PDF and list them on Stub Hub?
Can I sell them for the price I want?

Maybe I'm a little slow today...

I'm looking to sell my tickets for tomorrow. I haven't seen a clear 100% on this.

Can I download the PDF and list them on Stub Hub?
Can I sell them for the price I want?
Yes and yes. I've done this before.

Edited to add I've also bought tickets from Stubhub that were listed above face value.

On another note, Yankee Stadium is now accepting mobile tickets right? I've just been using my card but have others coming tomorrow and don't want to have to stop at Staples to print tickets.