Manchester United Fans - The Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't knock you points mate... Good points made well.
As has been said welcome United Fans (indeed all football fans)
I am not advocating violence against United or there fans at all.
With all that said, I understand and respect the English rivalries as do most of us. If ever went to a pub in Manchester and someone asked me my favorite team, I'd sooner leave than risk giving the wrong answer. To Americans the rivalry is purely an English one. We'll never understand it just as you'll never quite understand why the Dixies hate the Yanks...Despite the entire US being considered Yankees by the rest of the world, the terms means something different stateside.

I hate all these Threads that demand United fans explain their loyalty. For some reason, I haven't seen any threads that demand that Mets fans explain their loyalty to NYCFC.

Whatever, I'm just going to bang my head on a wall.
what mets fans? :eek:

So that's why MCFC made damn sure that after they won the EPL they had a clock that ticked down to 0. Learn something new everyday.

With all that said, I understand and respect the English rivalries as do most of us. If ever went to a pub in Manchester and someone asked me my favorite team, I'd sooner leave than risk giving the wrong answer. To Americans the rivalry is purely an English one. We'll never understand it just as you'll never quite understand why the Dixies hate the Yanks...Despite the entire US being considered Yankees by the rest of the world, the terms means something different stateside.

Oh, I know, but then one needs to learn these things and consider us 'foreigners' here to inform you. As said, we both have much to learn from each other.

So that's why MCFC made damn sure that after they won the EPL they had a clock that ticked down to 0. Learn something new everyday.

Never to old to learn, fella. Remember, whether you choose to ignore or embrace MCFC we will always know what went on before NYCFC came into existence. I am here primarily for NYCFC but what I know can never be forgotten.

The only thing that can even remotely compare is Yankees-Red Sox and that goes for this whole country. There's no true hate here for another fan base or organization like the hate between these two. Besides drunken idiots in the stadium it doesn't become violent ever because that's just how it is, but it's definitely true hate and it probably has to do with the different lifestyles of New Yorkers vs. New Englanders.

Having said that, I'm guessing the United fans here in America don't truly care about the club that way. Toto, the Third Rail VP, is a United fan but fairly new. His passion can't possibly match what passion you guys have because he hasn't lived it for his entire life. I don't want to speak for him though.

But that's your answer. The fans here aren't going to live and die with the clubs in England. If they do, I think they're probably full of crap. Unless of course they grew up on those clubs. It's only been 4-5 years though since we could see any EPL game we want. Therefore, NYCFC is going to supersede anything else.

If ever in a pub in Manchester just say City, if you are in a pub in Salford... oh dear

The only thing that can even remotely compare is Yankees-Red Sox and that goes for this whole country. There's no true hate here for another fan base or organization like the hate between these two. Besides drunken idiots in the stadium it doesn't become violent ever because that's just how it is, but it's definitely true hate and it probably has to do with the different lifestyles of New Yorkers vs. New Englanders.

Having said that, I'm guessing the United fans here in America don't truly care about the club that way. Toto, the Third Rail VP, is a United fan but fairly new. His passion can't possibly match what passion you guys have because he hasn't lived it for his entire life. I don't want to speak for him though.

But that's your answer. The fans here aren't going to live and die with the clubs in England. If they do, I think they're probably full of crap. Unless of course they grew up on those clubs. It's only been 4-5 years though since we could see any EPL game we want. Therefore, NYCFC is going to supersede anything else.

Now we are getting to my point. Which is great, OK maybe my term Plastics may be seen as derisory and I appologise for that.

Now to my main point, having welcomed the United Fans, all we ask is that we do not accept anything United into your new culture / club. No songs, No shirts / scarves, non of there ethos. Model yourselves on ANYBODY even the Afghan Al Quieda XI featuring Bin Laden and Hitler, and you will have the full backing of most City fans, just please ensure that no United links exist with your resulting identity. thank you.

If the fans can align themselves to NYCFC great, hopefully the love for your new club will grow, and the darkside will gradually leave your souls

No offence to any other City fans from Manchester,
but can we try not to shove MCFC down their throats all the time?
We'll only make NYCFC fans resent us for it, if they ask questions about
us, then fair enough, but lets not overdue the MCFC talk on here.

I came on here to find stuff out about NYCFC, not preach MCFC.
Yes we all know Man Utd are the Antichrist, but why would New Yorkers
care?

care?

Pretty much sums up my thoughts on the matter.

Now we are getting to my point. Which is great, OK maybe my term Plastics may be seen as derisory and I appologise for that.

Now to my main point, having welcomed the United Fans, all we ask is that we do not accept anything United into your new culture / club. No songs, No shirts / scarves, non of there ethos. Model yourselves on ANYBODY even the Afghan Al Quieda XI featuring Bin Laden and Hitler, and you will have the full backing of most City fans, just please ensure that no United links exist with your resulting identity. thank you.

If the fans can align themselves to NYCFC great, hopefully the love for your new club will grow, and the darkside will gradually leave your souls

They can do what they want mate, it's their city & their club.
You have no right to tell them what they can or cannot do in their community.
Why would they model themselves on Utd anyway? They're not exactly known
for being passionate fans.

Reactions: Capt.Tsubasa
They can do what they want mate, it's their city & their club.
You have no right to tell them what they can or cannot do in their community.
Why would they model themselves on Utd anyway? They're not exactly known
for being passionate fans.
You are my favorite MCFC fan so far. You sum up the matter clearly and concisely, right to the point of it. Good on you.

care?

I agree somewhat with this, but as this is the 'Warzone' all gloves are off. With this said, people do need to know what you and I know.

I agree somewhat with this, but as this is the 'Warzone' all gloves are off. With this said, people do need to know what you and I know.

The warzone is surely for controversial debates though?
Not 300,000 threads on MCFC, we're all on Bluemoon so can
debate MCFC 24 hours a day on there with people who actually support
MCFC.

An idea for the moderators on here would be to just have a "Manchester City thread",
so we can put everything in there, that way, the NYCFC fans who are
sick of hearing about MCFC can just avoid 1 thread.

Not telling you how to run your own forum but they do a similar thing for
other clubs on Bluemoon.

The warzone is surely for controversial debates though?
Not 300,000 threads on MCFC, we're all on Bluemoon so can
debate MCFC 24 hours a day on there with people who actually support
MCFC.

An idea for the moderators on here would be to just have a "Manchester City thread",
so we can put everything in there, that way, the NYCFC fans who are
sick of hearing about MCFC can just avoid 1 thread.

Not telling you how to run your own forum but they do a similar thing for
other clubs on Bluemoon.

I've posted maybe twice on Bluemoon; it is a horrible place, full of people who will jump on you if you do not tow the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.