Martin Odegaard

roxfontaine

Level Up
Elite Donor
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 7, 2015
I'm Around
Holy mackerel. This kid is apparently the hottest ticket in the world right now. 16 years old and being courted by the biggest clubs in the world.

Link

Reactions: MDubya79
Completely outclasses the defenses in Tippeligaen. In a lot of these clips defenders are just dragging him down because they don't know how else to stop him.

I've heard nothing but good things about him on and off the pitch. It will definitely be interesting to see how he develops in one of the top leagues.

Reactions: Paul and MDubya79
Ya, not bad for a young guy. At that age learning from a class club and not to mention Zinedine being his manager most likely for B team. It will be interesting to see how the young guy deals with it all.

Reactions: Paul and NYCFC_Dan
I can't believe that Real dished that kinda money out to an unproven 16 year old. (The Norwegian league doesn't count as a proving ground)

I can't believe that Real dished that kinda money out to an unproven 16 year old. (The Norwegian league doesn't count as a proving ground)
clearly RM did it to outbid everyone else, if they let him go to the other suitors and he actually turns into a Messi level player they will be kicking themselves forever. huge risk but good luck to the kid.

Youngest kid to ever play for the senior national team... I'm thinking they're pretty confident he'll turn out or at least make them a profit after a few years of training with Real.

Reactions: Paul
In my opinion the most important part is to keep him grounded. If you're 16 and receiving that kind of money it's not hard to focus on other things besides football.

But, this kid been given the perfect chance to become something special, let's see if he capitalizes on it.

clearly RM did it to outbid everyone else, if they let him go to the other suitors and he actually turns into a Messi level player they will be kicking themselves forever. huge risk but good luck to the kid.

Barça made him multiple offers including the very day he signed for Real Madrid. Reports say Barça actually offered him more money but he chose RM (maybe the fact that his dad is getting a job with Real Madrid's training staff helped). From what I've read for the past few months, it came down to RM, Barça and Bayern. Supposedly he's going to train with the 1st team from time to time and play with Zidane's second team for the foreseeable future. Best of luck to the kid!