Matt Dunn And Akira Fitzgerald On Waivers

Now may not be the best time to mention this, but Delgado started tonight at CM and completed 36 of 38 passes.

Also, in "Midas facepalms over NYC Personnel Decisions", Lletget has scored and earned a penalty in 16 minutes. He has 3 goals now. Dammmmmmmmittttttt.
Has Lletget previously played for RSL? If your answer is no, you have your explanation.

Couple of things, a player only get's homegrown status if he has been in the clubs system for over a year, and that status does not transfer clubs, so we could not have had Delgado as a Homegrown.
I'm pretty sure Kreis just took a flyer on Dunn , being that he was cheap and showed some potential (last season Dunn was 48k, while Delgado was 77k). Now that the summer reinforcements are coming in, he had to go. I honestly thought Dunn was going to play a role this season, so I am surprised how this turned out.
could be totally wrong but don't only the first 20 roster slots count towards the salary cap?
Correct.
Salary & Budget:
  • Players occupying roster spots 1-20 count against the club’s 2015 salary budget of $3,490,000, and are referred to collectively as the club’s Senior Roster.
    • Roster spots 19 and 20 are not required to be filled, and teams may spread their salary budget across only 18 Salary Budget Players. A minimum salary budget charge will be imputed against a team’s salary budget for each unfilled senior roster spot below 18.
    • The maximum budget charge for a single player is $436,250.*
* See section entitled Allocation Money below, under Player Acquisition Mechanisms, for details on buying down a player’s budget charge.

• Players occupying roster spots 21-28 do not count against the club’s salary budget, and are referred to collectively as the club’s Supplemental Roster (maximum of eight per team).
    • All Generation adidas players are Supplemental Roster players.
    • Players occupying roster spots 21-24 will earn at least $60,000 in 2015.
    • Players occupying roster spots 25-28 will earn at least $50,000 in 2015.

Also, in "Midas facepalms over NYC Personnel Decisions", Lletget has scored and earned a penalty in 16 minutes. He has 3 goals now. Dammmmmmmmittttttt.

Not sure how we could have obtained Lletget. The Revolution held his discovery rights and the Galaxy payed the MLS Extortion fee to obtain him with 50k in allocation money. I'm not sure how much allocation money we had, but remember we used some to pay down Mix's Salary below DP level. (Isn't MLS fun!)
CARSON, Calif. (Friday, May 8, 2015) – The LA Galaxy have signed U.S. midfielder Sebastian Lletget, the club announced today. Lletget, 22, was born in California and joins the club from West Ham United F.C. in the England’s Barclays Premier League. Per the league’s Discovery Process conflict resolution mechanism, the Galaxy acquired the right to sign Lletget from the New England Revolution in exchange for $50,000 in Allocation Money. Lletget will join the Galaxy’s roster upon receipt of his International Transfer Certificate (ITC).

Last edited:
Reactions: SayWhat44
Couple of things, a player only get's homegrown status if he has been in the clubs system for over a year, and that status does not transfer clubs, so we could not have had Delgado as a Homegrown.
I'm pretty sure Kreis just took a flyer on Dunn , being that he was cheap and showed some potential (last season Dunn was 48k, while Delgado was 77k). Now that the summer reinforcements are coming in, he had to go. I honestly thought Dunn was going to play a role this season, so I am surprised how this turned out.

Correct.
Salary & Budget:
  • Players occupying roster spots 1-20 count against the club’s 2015 salary budget of $3,490,000, and are referred to collectively as the club’s Senior Roster.
    • Roster spots 19 and 20 are not required to be filled, and teams may spread their salary budget across only 18 Salary Budget Players. A minimum salary budget charge will be imputed against a team’s salary budget for each unfilled senior roster spot below 18.
* See section entitled Allocation Money below, under Player Acquisition Mechanisms, for details on buying down a player’s budget charge.

• Players occupying roster spots 21-28 do not count against the club’s salary budget, and are referred to collectively as the club’s Supplemental Roster (maximum of eight per team).

Not sure how we could have obtained Lletget. The Revolution held his discovery rights and the Galaxy payed the MLS Extortion fee to obtain him with 50k in allocation money. I'm not sure how much allocation money we had, but remember we used some to pay down Mix's Salary below DP level. (Isn't MLS fun!)
CARSON, Calif. (Friday, May 8, 2015) – The LA Galaxy have signed U.S. midfielder Sebastian Lletget, the club announced today. Lletget, 22, was born in California and joins the club from West Ham United F.C. in the England’s Barclays Premier League. Per the league’s Discovery Process conflict resolution mechanism, the Galaxy acquired the right to sign Lletget from the New England Revolution in exchange for $50,000 in Allocation Money. Lletget will join the Galaxy’s roster upon receipt of his International Transfer Certificate (ITC).
Since it was a dispersal draft the homegrowns kept their status otherwise you would be correct.

Kreis should have his reins reeled in. Looks more apparent than ever that Lagerway was the brains at RSL and Kreis was a one trick pony.

Reactions: Gavin23 and Paul

Correct.
Salary & Budget:

Oh, I don't know. Some of those trades we made for other squad players, I'm sure NE would have thrown that in.

I was calling for the kid in November of 2014. Not that you care. You've decided we have animosity. I will oblige. I'm smarter and better looking than you. ;)

Edited: I have no idea if I'm smarter or better looking than you. But statistically speaking, it is likely. But stats also say Brovsky is the best american fullback according to Dan. So take all of that with a grain of salt.

Last edited:
So, seeing as we waived the #2 pick in the dispersal draft who only played half a game, is it OMG WORST PICK EVER #FIREKREIS, or proof that MLS is garbage and there were no good players to be had in the dispersal draft?

And yes, it's a binary, you have to pick one.
There weren't many good players in the expansion draft, so it's closer to #2 than it is to #1.

I'm still very disappointed about cutting Dunn. I know we're now loaded at CM, but he's a really strong young talent.

Correct.
Salary & Budget:

Important to note here that although top 5 picks are normally a lock to be Generation Adidas guys, Khiry Shelton was not one of them. As a result, he counts against the cap if he's not one of our 8 lowest paid.

Oh, I don't know. Some of those trades we made for other squad players, I'm sure NE would have thrown that in.

I was calling for the kid in November of 2014. Not that you care. You've decided we have animosity. I will oblige. I'm smarter and better looking than you. ;)

Edited: I have no idea if I'm smarter or better looking than you. But statistically speaking, it is likely. But stats also say Brovsky is the best american fullback according to Dan. So take all of that with a grain of salt.
Not sure why you took offense to my comment, I was simply clarifying league rules. Your post made it appear as though we had a clear opportunity to select him but opted not too. I clarified how he was acquired and why we likely did not have the resources to acquire him, not to mention he probably prefered LA, so MLS found/made up a rule to make sure he went there.
Each teams discovery list is secret and can't be traded.
As far as the rest of your probably drunken rant is concerned, I don't know or care what you look like nor how smart you are because well....this is an internet forum afterall.

Not sure why you took offense to my comment, I was simply clarifying league rules. Your post made it appear as though we had a clear opportunity to select him but opted not too. I clarified how he was acquired and why we likely did not have the resources to acquire him, not to mention he probably prefered LA, so MLS found/made up a rule to make sure he went there.
Each teams discovery list is secret and can't be traded.
As far as the rest of your probably drunken rant is concerned, I don't know or care what you look like nor how smart you are because well....this is an internet forum afterall.
I wasn't drunk then, nor was I drinking. I'm drinking now, and enjoying some delicious pub food with my beautiful wife. So probabilities be damned, I'm definitely better looking and smarter.

Edit:
Also, please don't mistake wit and a sense of humor, particularly one willing to make fun of one's self, for seriousness and/or serious criticism. That's your fucking problem. Don't press so hard on your own stick. Life is better that way.

I am more than willing to make fun of myself. I have no time for self serious assholes, hellbent on telling us all how wrong we are. If you don't know the difference, you're one of the self serious assholes.

Edit #2: tl;dr: go fuck yourself. I told you to ignore me 2 weeks ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: Direwolf5601
I wasn't drunk then, nor was I drinking. I'm drinking now, and enjoying some delicious pub food with my beautiful wife. So probabilities be damned, I'm definitely better looking and smarter.

Edit:
Also, please don't mistake wit and a sense of humor, particularly one willing to make fun of one's self, for seriousness and/or serious criticism. That's your fucking problem. Don't press so hard on your own stick. Life is better that way.

I am more than willing to make fun of myself. I have no time for self serious assholes, hellbent on telling us all how wrong we are. If you don't know the difference, you're one of the self serious assholes.

Edit #2: tl;dr: go fuck yourself. I told you to ignore me 2 weeks ago.

I like your style, sir.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
So, seeing as we waived the #2 pick in the dispersal draft who only played half a game, is it OMG WORST PICK EVER #FIREKREIS, or proof that MLS is garbage and there were no good players to be had in the dispersal draft?

And yes, it's a binary, you have to pick one.

The dispersal draft hardly ever brings any really good players to your team if there is one expansion team involved, let alone two. I think we were fortunate enough to have the likes of Hernendez that plays a key role at CB and he is finally coming into his own after a rough injury plagued start. I mean you look at who Orlando got and we got, really not very good players.

Reactions: FootyLovin and Gene
could be totally wrong but don't only the first 20 roster slots count towards the salary cap?

Out of the current team who would be in slots 21-28?
That is correct. My guess?
21 Watson
22 Brandt
23 Allen
24 Johansen
25 McNamara
26 Alvarez?
27 Facey? (Loan)
28 Angelino (Loan)

Reactions: FootyLovin
Delgado was painful to watch for the U20s. I watched every game in the u20 world cup and he was the worst player for us every game. Only reason he started is because Russell Cannouse got hurt right before the tournament. He was a turnover machine. While he probably would be better than Dunn, I don't need any more players to curse out. We already have Wingert, Grabevoy, and Brovsky, lol.

Thats a promotion for Nemec, he is usually first on the list. he doesn't make this one :)

Reactions: leilanikali420