Mcfc Stars With Future With Nycfc

MikeDatTiger

Registered
Mar 21, 2014
New Orleans, Louisiana
MCFC have signed a number of players to 5 year deals, including Aguero, Kompany, and Silva. Dave Martinez (Empire Soccer) tweeted that apparently MCFC may be offering a post-MCFC future with NYCFC as part of these deals.

Personally, I think getting stars like this in a few years will probably be great for NYCFC due to their talent and starpower, and I can understand City wanting to give its youngsters a chance to play with club legends to help them grow. Do y'all like this prospect?

Yes. As long as they can still play at an MLS level, I think this is great. Aguerro and Silva especially would interest me.

I don't believe in spending DP money on defenders in MLS. Not at this point.

I guess there is potential but not a big fan of NYCFC becoming the defacto retirement destination for MC's old & busted.

Anyone else think David silva is underrated? Caught in a busy midfield. Love his creativity. Think he is a guy, like Pirlo, that could play late into his 30s.

Anyone else think David silva is underrated? Caught in a busy midfield. Love his creativity. Think he is a guy, like Pirlo, that could play late into his 30s.
I'm a big fan of David Silva. He's one of the reasons I started following Man City in the EPL (Barca fan)

Is he underrated? Everyone I talk soccer with thinks he's one of the most exciting players in the EPL. I feel like the media readily recognizes his quality as well.

I don't know that he can play that long, though. He's not really a deep lying playmaker. He's a magician around the box with extremely tricky movement and vision. I think his effectiveness would drop off if he played further back, as he's too tiny to offer any bite.

Is he underrated? Everyone I talk soccer with thinks he's one of the most exciting players in the EPL. I feel like the media readily recognizes his quality as well.

I don't know that he can play that long, though. He's not really a deep lying playmaker. He's a magician around the box with extremely tricky movement and vision. I think his effectiveness would drop off if he played further back, as he's too tiny to offer any bite.
The same was said of Pirlo.

And David Silva actually has quite a bit of bite (there was a video highlighting his defensive contribution knocking about not too long ago—I don't need it, though, as I've watched practically ever match he has played in a sky blue shirt). I think he could easily play the more central transitional playmaker in his golden years.

I agree that Silva is in no way underrated, though. Opposition supporters often cite him and Yaya as the two players they would most like to see at their club.

The same was said of Pirlo.

And David Silva actually has quite a bit of bite (there was a video highlighting his defensive contribution knocking about not too long ago—I don't need it, though, as I've watched practically ever match he has played in a sky blue shirt). I think he could easily play the more central transitional playmaker in his golden years.

I agree that Silva is in no way underrated, though. Opposition supporters often cite him and Yaya as the two players they would most like to see at their club.

Good point. And I agree. As an LFC supporter (yeah, I pay the stupid dues in the misguided belief that one day I'll be wealthy enough to have season tickets), Silva would be my first choice from that squad. My more realistic choice that I could see happening as MCFC tries to comply with FFP would be Jovetic. But that's totally off-topic.

Anyway, off to talk shit about Man City in other board sections since I shouldn't have any opposition for the next hour or so. ;)

Reactions: SebastianBlue