4/22 NYCFC Academy match @ St John's

NYCFCfan

Registered
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Sep 9, 2014
We're cheering on the boys in blue for our third season. As our team gets older so does our academy. We've already started to see our first glimpses of our future homegrown stars. We saw James Sands play with the first team and we've heard rumors that Gio Reyna is being scouted by Fullham. These guys have trained with the first team

Come out to St. John's University in Queens to watch the Academy's next game against Empire United on Saturday, April 22 at 11:30am.

The senior team plays Sunday, so make it back to back days of supporting the boys in blue. Give them a taste of what they can expect if they stick around and make it to the first team.

Cheer them on, support your city and you'll be able to say you say Gio Reyna and James Sands before they made their professional debuts. The academy team is currently third in the division, and in a playoff spot behind BW Gottschee Academy and Oakwood Soccer Club.

Best of all. IT'S TOTALLY FREE!

No tickets, no parking to pay. Come down to sing, cheer and have a great time. Show these kids what being NYCFC family means.

Let me just get this out there now. St John's is a dry campus so there is no alcohol allowed on the campus, but since it's an early game it shouldn't be a problem. If there's a big demand I'll reach out to one of the local bars and ask if they can host us.

Possibility, make a return to my alma mater. It is a nice field, albeit turf, and also right above a parking lot. Only thing as mentioned by NYCFCfan NYCFCfan is the "dry" campus, unless you can become friends with the priests in their on campus housing- then all their whiskey can be yours.
Fellow Johnny!

As a bonus perk for anyone interested, I've been told, but haven't been able to confirm if true or false, that Belson Stadium is the largest elevated turf stadium in the world. Probably because there aren't many elevated stadiums in the world.

Fellow Johnny!

As a bonus perk for anyone interested, I've been told, but haven't been able to confirm if true or false, that Belson Stadium is the largest elevated turf stadium in the world. Probably because there aren't many elevated stadiums in the world.
That's kind of cool. It's literally where the top floor of the parking garage would be.
Belson-Stadium.png

That's kind of cool. It's literally where the top floor of the parking garage would be.
Belson-Stadium.png
I'm gonna say no (to it being most elevated).
That looks like it's just on top of single level parking.

This is St Leo. About an hour from me. My sister studied there and the stadium is on top of a 2 level garage.
image.jpeg

Reactions: NYCFCfan and Seth
I went there one time to cheer on my old high school team. If I recall its a pretty decent field.

Anyone know what their animal policy is? if i can bring my dog i'd 100% come and made a day of it with my pup; if not odds drop precipitately.

I went there one time to cheer on my old high school team. If I recall its a pretty decent field.

Anyone know what their animal policy is? if i can bring my dog i'd 100% come and made a day of it with my pup; if not odds drop precipitately.

Wait! You're not a dog??? I always assumed with your avatar...

Got home from the match at St John's a bit ago. Was great fun. Had about 20 or 25 supporters there all of whom had a great time. Lots of singing, oftentimes hilarious. Very different to have 25 people with you rather than having 25,000 at Yankee Stadium, of course. If you were on the fence on this I'd completely and utterly recommend coming out to the next one. Would be totally amazing if we had a few hundred people there with us. And the team seemed to appreciate it as well as they gave us an ovation when they left the field at the same time as we were giving them one.

StJohnsSideline.jpg

StJohnsEnd.jpg