Meeting an NYCFC fan in my hometown.

ferrarinycfc

Registered
Dec 6, 2014
Just wanted to share a story from today.

I was doing some maintenance work at a gas station here in my hometown, Canberra Australia.

Anyway, i'm doing my work and I see a guy walk into the store wearing the NYCFC stealth pullover hoodie( which I have) and the jersey hook cap(which I also have).

Now that grabbed my attention straight away. I thought is this guy a new yorker who was here in canberra ?

After he paid the cashier and came back out of the store, I said to him " I thought I was the only guy in Canberra who supports and wears NYCFC gear !!"

He seemed just as equally shocked I knew all about NYCFC, so we got chatting and he started following them because he is a big Yankees fan. Once, they bought into NYCFC he started following the team. Turns out he is an Aussie guy with an American mother-in-law.

He watches all their games and his kids support the team as well, with David Villa being their favourite player.

I told him how I love NYC and follow the yankees and giants as well.

I told him I went to watch NYCFC last year and how great it was to see Pirlo score . He then tells me he was wearing his Pirlo player name T-shirt underneath his hoodie !!

We chatted a bit about this weekends derby, but he need to go so we had to end the chat there.

But it was so cool seeing someone else wearing NYCFC gear and knowing that NYCFC fans are everywhere, even in Canberra Australia.

Just wanted to share a story from today.

I was doing some maintenance work at a gas station here in my hometown, Canberra Australia.

Anyway, i'm doing my work and I see a guy walk into the store wearing the NYCFC stealth pullover hoodie( which I have) and the jersey hook cap(which I also have).

Now that grabbed my attention straight away. I thought is this guy a new yorker who was here in canberra ?

After he paid the cashier and came back out of the store, I said to him " I thought I was the only guy in Canberra who supports and wears NYCFC gear !!"

He seemed just as equally shocked I knew all about NYCFC, so we got chatting and he started following them because he is a big Yankees fan. Once, they bought into NYCFC he started following the team. Turns out he is an Aussie guy with an American mother-in-law.

He watches all their games and his kids support the team as well, with David Villa being their favourite player.

I told him how I love NYC and follow the yankees and giants as well.

I told him I went to watch NYCFC last year and how great it was to see Pirlo score . He then tells me he was wearing his Pirlo player name T-shirt underneath his hoodie !!

We chatted a bit about this weekends derby, but he need to go so we had to end the chat there.

But it was so cool seeing someone else wearing NYCFC gear and knowing that NYCFC fans are everywhere, even in Canberra Australia.
Based on my impression of Australia, did you leave out the parts where you both were fighting off exotic wildlife throughout the entire conversation?

Very cool. I was in Australia for my honeymoon and seeing the A-League All-stars play juvy was actually a big reason why I started following NYCFC!

Reactions: ferrarinycfc