Melbourne Heart/city

You forget yourself.

No MCFC, no NYCFC (Barca looked at doing this 5 years ago, perhaps not in NY, and walked away). You can discount the bigger club all you like, but an ax-City player at the helm, City players coming to the club. Do me a favour.

Think big, be big, but do not bite the hand that feeds you.

But it´s not MCFC that feeds NYCFC.. It´s CFG really, I mean. Would MCFC be able to fork up half a billion towards a stadium and the franchise fee?

I guess people have concerns that Man City won't give NYCFC the priority treatment that a lot of fans want and think a City of New York's stature deserves. I've seen you pushing the City agenda quite a lot here so I'm interested to see what you think of that. Maybe put some minds at rest!

NYCFC will be massive. You can count on that. Not sure where you believe you won't be priority in the US.

You forget yourself.

No MCFC, no NYCFC (Barca looked at doing this 5 years ago, perhaps not in NY, and walked away). You can discount the bigger club all you like, but an ax-City player at the helm, City players coming to the club. Do me a favour.

Fuck off shit bird.

But it´s not MCFC that feeds NYCFC.. It´s CFG really, I mean. Would MCFC be able to fork up half a billion towards a stadium and the franchise fee?

CFG is the holding company, which was created to house all the clubs. This is normal business practice. Under Thaksin Shinawatra two holding companies were created (UK Sports Investments Limited and UK Sports Investments - the latter looking after the former) and both were liquidated after the ADUG takeover.

Yes, that really added to debate and made this place far more welcoming to newcomers who were wondering if they should join up here. Congratulations.
Wasn't directed to newcomers, but you for your condescending, asshole-ish tone.

This isn't a Man City board. You can likely find plenty, though. Please visit them to talk about how important MC are and how NYC wouldn't exist without them (patently false, by the way).

You're one of the types of people who makes it difficult for NYers to get behind this team. Just chill with your condescending meme of how "City" will take care of us.

Wasn't directed to newcomers, but you for your condescending, asshole-ish tone.

This isn't a Man City board. You can likely find plenty, though. Please visit them to talk about how important MC are and how NYC wouldn't exist without them (patently false, by the way).

You're one of the types of people who makes it difficult for NYers to get behind this team. Just chill with your condescending meme of how "City" will take care of us.

Ironic coming from someone who is personally abusive, however, newcomers may be put off joining here seeing that comment regardless of who it was directed at; why join a place that has posters doing that? You also fell foul of one of this forum's rules - have you even read them?

In any case you are free to explain (if you are capable) as to how NYCFC would come into existence without MCFC, you can also, whilst your at it, re-read my posts where I stated "NYCFC will be massive" and elsewhere where I said "NYCFC will, to a large extent, be it's own club". You are free to not like it, and disagree, but you do so by giving a reasoned argument, which allows for debate, as opposed to acting like a 12 year old.

Over to you.

Ironic coming from someone who is personally abusive, however, newcomers may be put off joining here seeing that comment regardless of who it was directed at; why join a place that has posters doing that? You also fell foul of one of this forum's rules - have you even read them?

In any case you are free to explain (if you are capable) as to how NYCFC would come into existence without MCFC, you can also, whilst your at it, re-read my posts where I stated "NYCFC will be massive" and elsewhere where I said "NYCFC will, to a large extent, be it's own club". You are free to not like it, and disagree, but you do so by giving a reasoned argument, which allows for debate, as opposed to acting like a 12 year old.

Over to you.
Someone els could have bought the francises, like an Asian guy who made his fortune on chickens or carparts just to give an example. So for sure some or another a new york franchise would possible exist. However. who would you rather have an owner? mcfc with their money, infra structur, connections and knowhow? or some one who never managed a sport francises before? i know who i would have wanted. Im also pretty sure those who are anti mcfc really has not thought about, what mcfc really brings to the table except the money.

Over to you.

I responded to you because of the tone of your reply to my initial post. It was, as I described, condescending and asshole-ish in tone. I get that your going for that message board intellectual superhero thing. Go for it buddy.

Your post proved my initial point anyway.

I concede the title of Master of Forum Decorum to you. Sorry for telling you to fuck off. I'll refrain from it in the future so long as you refrain from being a condescending shit bird with posts like the one below.

BlueWolf said:
You forget yourself.

This photo is quite funny
revenue.png

Last edited:
MCFC isn't doing this solely, or maybe even primarily, for money. Paying $80M for a franchise and then having to pay however many millions for the stadium are investments, but they're long term investments. NYCFC will lose money in the short-term. I don't know how much they'll be able to return immediately. Moreover, I'm not clear (and I don't think UEFA is either) how much of the NYCFC profits would benefit MCFC's FFP issues or how they would count.

What MCFC has stated repeatedly is that this about developing players. MCFC is very proud of the investments they've made in their Academy and their Development system and its clear they see NYCFC as big part of that. New York City may be bigger than Manchester, but make no mistake that the Premier League is far superior to the MLS. MLS is closing the gap, but there's a long way to go.

What NYCFC has done in regards to setting up youth clubs and moving towards an Academy is the real value MCFC sees in this project. MCFC now has a foothold in one of the biggest cities in the world to attract and develop talent, which MCFC will surely see as paying dividends either in terms of sales or in terms of top-flight players.

MCFC isn't doing this out of charity to be sure, but there's plenty to look at here to get excited about.

The reason City faild FFFP this year were all down to EUFO changing the rules midway from what was first introduced. Second: City will break even THIS year. and become profitable NEXT year. and this can be seen on the accounts.

Reason manchester city created CFG and now accuire clubs in iconic cities around the world is to build the "city brand" which will benefit ALL clubs involved. this will not only help man city but also new york city and melboure city in all parts av the world not to mention share sponsorships. u
Just think from a commersial point of view. You sponsor CFG and you will automaticly sponsor clubs in not only manchester and europe but in New york and Australila. then we have the shared infrastructure and acadamies and scouts, and sport scienence between us resources no other club can come close to.

I responded to you because of the tone of your reply to my initial post. It was, as I described, condescending and asshole-ish in tone. I get that your going for that message board intellectual superhero thing. Go for it buddy.

I concede the title of Master of Forum Decorum to you. Sorry for telling you to fuck off. I'll refrain from it in the future so long as you refrain from being a condescending shit bird with posts like the one below.

BlueWolf said:
You forget yourself.

I blocked that guy a long time ago. Really did wonders for my quality of experience on this website.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan

BlueWolf said:
You forget yourself.

There is such an award? Do I get prize money, too?

You still haven't answered my question, although some others have by merely talking about it in an appropriate manner.

Gee guys I didn't start this thread to read this lol

I guess not.. :D
But as there´s a lot of confusion around what CFG is and how they operate it will take some time before everyone is up to date and know how their local team is supposed to operate, for instance many in the U.K still believe that MCFC Ltd own the CFG stakes in the various teams.
And don´t even try to explain that CFG got a London HQ unless you brought a chair and a sandwich because it will take ages.

I guess not.. :D
But as there´s a lot of confusion around what CFG is and how they operate it will take some time before everyone is up to date and know how their local team is supposed to operate, for instance many in the U.K still believe that MCFC Ltd own the CFG stakes in the various teams.
And don´t even try to explain that CFG got a London HQ unless you brought a chair and a sandwich because it will take ages.
Mancity created/established CFG to keep accounts separate and to easier manage all different clubs, something that wouldnt be possible otherwise. the structure is very basic and the majority of all large corporations are structured the same way. Even i use the same structure in my buisness where the company im managing director off is 70% own by my holding company which i own 100 per cen share off. (i own my company through another company)

NYCFC is technically owned by CFG. like manchester city womens team is technically owned by CFG and not manchester city.

Mancity created/established CFG to keep accounts separate and to easier manage all different clubs, something that wouldnt be possible otherwise. the structure is very basic and the majority of all large corporations are structured the same way. Even i use the same structure in my buisness where the company im managing director off is 70% own by my holding company which i own 100 per cen share off. (i own my company through another company)

NYCFC is technically owned by CFG. like manchester city womens team is technically owned by CFG and not manchester city.

And CFG got one single shareholder.. ADUG itself, the confusion stems very much from the press I fear. If say one of the "Red Holding" companies bought say DCU the headline would be "Man United buy DCU " despite it not really being true..