Melbourne Heart/city

I get that but the issue is if you guys want to make it Man City USA, the club will fail. Why? Because people are proud of where they're from. Additionally Man City doesn't have nearly as many fans in the States and especially NYC as United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool etc. The majority NOT EVERY SINGLE ONE became fans after the title 2 years ago. The fact that you guys are on top of the mountain now makes those other fan bases upset at you so accepting a project to make you guys look even better is tough. If Man City is plastered all over the club, 90% of NYCers that are epl fans won't support it. If this club only has city supporters, it will fail. This is what happened to chivas USA who is the league goat.
understood, but the flack MCFC gets on here is unreal, considering they (CITY football group) have an 80% stake in NYC

This is not entirely correct. MCFC created CFG to keep all accounts seperate, even MCFC womens team is under CFG and not MCFC.

Exactly, CFG was created to operate directly under ADUG ownership which is apparent if you look at the CFG shareholders being just one, ADUG itself.
It´s a bit funny that if you look at the MCFC official site Hays are nowadays stating if you are to work for MCFC or CFG in the vacancies.

understood, but the flack MCFC gets on here is unreal, considering they (CITY football group) have an 80% stake in NYC
People get defensive when they have to hear that they wouldn't be shit without city over and over and over again. Especially when this club is starting up, it only drives people away and has been something used by rival fans to discourage people from being NYCFC fans.

People get defensive when they have to hear that they wouldn't be shit without city over and over and over again. Especially when this club is starting up, it only drives people away and has been something used by rival fans to discourage people from being NYCFC fans.

that's amazing, considering how shit City have been in recent decades. How times have changed :cool:

Last edited:
that's amazing, considering how shit City have been in recent decades. How times have changed
Those are fans of other teams who were used to walking all over you guys and now that you guys aren't taking shit anymore, it's hard to be reminded that all the time. I really hope we stop derailing this thread and focus on NYCFC. This is the last I will post about this issue. I'm tired of it.

I look forward to supporting all members of the City family but what I think the Manchester branch needs to recognize is that even though they are the largest and the first club in the family, that doesn't mean they own anyone.

A rich little Arab guy owns everyone. Manchester is just a branch on the tree now.

I look forward to supporting all members of the City family but what I think the Manchester branch needs to recognize is that even though they are the largest and the first club in the family, that doesn't mean they own anyone.

A rich little Arab guy owns everyone. Manchester is just a branch on the tree now.

A very nice branch to be honest.. and he´s fanatic about sports the boss man, it´s him to the right :cool:

EP-131009754.jpg

Pretty good point. But I'd actually say MCFC is the largest apple tree in the orchard, for now and for I'm sure many years to come.

NYC is a sapling. Yep, they are both apple trees and the farmer will use some of the same equipment on his new plant as he does for the old one, but they are not the same tree. Our club, the sapling, is one that is put into a soil that is quite different and requires hands of a different sort who understand this type of land.

The old farmer realizes it, even if his old hands don't. That's another reason he's a good farmer.

To that end, I make this analogy to point out that I don't think anyone here has complaints about the owner of the tree or the orchard. The testiness stems (rimshot) from annoyance directed to those who see our tree as a nifty side project - despite what the ownership states.

To CFG's credit, They seem to understand that it's not a side project for us, and they sure as hell can't treat it as one and also expect us to do our part and breathe life into the club. They get that for NYCFC to bear fruit (seriously, I can't stop), it must be raised for and by those of us here for NYC: our club, in our city, reliant on our efforts, money, and emotional investment to be successful.

Unfortunately, there's been some haughtiness demonstrated by a few people who come here solely because they are MC supporters. I'm not sure how anyone expects those of us here only to talk NYC to take it, but expecting anything else from fans of a NY sports team is demonstrative of a lack of understanding of the differences among the clubs and their respective supporter bases. To hear the same thing on a forum dedicated to our club that we hear in public from supporters of competitors is always going to make hospitality towards those making the statements a very difficult proposition.

They share ownership and resources. They might even share some supporters. But as many have said, NYC won't survive relying on MC supporters. The math doesn't work, and more importantly, the City (yes, I mean NYC. yes, we've called it that for forever.) won't buy in.

Maybe some people have resentment over MC "buying titles" (a rather stupid, obvious thing that everyone does, how the hell else would you get players? Ask for volunteers? Cheap, but ineffective.). I don't feel that way at all, and I've loved Liverpool since I loved football. I honestly hope and expect CFG "buys" us some titles too. I see the conflict more as the failure on a few folks part to appreciate the dynamic here, and their corollary behavior that is inapposite to what might reasonably be expected from a visitor to the board of another club under the purported premise of being friendly.

It's not a perfect analogy, but could you imagine a bunch of Red Sox fans running over to LFC forums to tell them how much they owe them for making ECL this year. You think we're hostile here? Ha. Yeah, our club doesn't yet have the history, but our city does. And we support this club because it is in our city.

Finally, let's be honest here, if history has taught anyone anywhere anything, it's that Americans don't respond positively to British attempts at power. (Have a laugh. I swear it won't kill you. Jokes just zoom by the folks around here. Let's not be such a humorless lot.)

I know how it works. What is fucking frustrating to us City supporters is the NYCFC supporters creed seems to dismiss City's role in this club. Don't bite the hand that feeds.

I have been a MCFC fan for a decade and see no need for you to continually take this position. If you find NYCFC fans so insolent I trust you can find your way back to Blue Moon.

You're wrong. MCFC doesn't get ANY flak here. The supporters get the flak and deservedly.
I second this. Most of us that are MCFC fans as well (myself) are simply tired of the same repetitive stuff.
We are all excited for the partnership. How could we not be? Can we just leave it at that? No need for we own this you're owned by that...
If that's really what you want to imply then take it to the Warzone section.

Reactions: Paul and Gene
CFG and manchester city is the same, just not the same entity. I use the exact same structure in my business, I own my company which im MD for, through a holding company. a company which i own hundred per cent.

CFG and manchester city is the same, just not the same entity. I use the exact same structure in my business, I own my company which im MD for, through a holding company. a company which i own hundred per cent.

But I´m sure that your lawyer, your accountant, your bank and the tax man don´t treat it as "the same".. Because legally it ain´t "the same"

Reactions: Paul and einwindir
I want to stay here and enjoy watching this club and CFG grow. So I'm going to try to stick it out but my feedback for anyone that is interested is that there is an undercurrent of disrespect towards my club and sometimes even to our owner which I think is a pity and could put off fellow blues from joining. We are all part of the same family. We (mcfc) are the first born and NYCFC and the other clubs are welcome adopted brothers. We can all get along and support each other but it needs respect on all sides. In a few years time I hope the atmosphere on here is of mutual respect, friendliness and some humor.

I know it's tough for Liverpool or United fans to support Man City but in my opinion for all our benefit you have to do that to some small degree....not necessarily wishing Man City wins the league/cup ..... but just happy to see that the club is strengthening. Because the whole is greater than the sum of the parts to our owner and he owe him if no one else.

I see this entire thing as a house.

CFG own the house, but the different teams have a room in the house. We share the same resources and contribute different things to the house.

You're wrong. MCFC doesn't get ANY flak here. The supporters get the flak and deservedly.
Why deservedly? Seems like you can suck the dick of the rags, scousers, arse, etc and it's no problem but god forbid anyone is MCFC. Funny considering NYCFC is going to be run exactly in the City way. Who signed villa? Ferran Soriano, CEO of MCFC.

Look, come here, talk about NYCFC and all is good.
Talk about any other club and yes you might get shit for it. Whether it's United, Liverpool, etc.
we have a Warzone forum that's for shit like this. Keep this discussion out of the NYCFC forums.
There's a thread in there about this where everyone can go and blow their top.
You only think EVERYONE here dislikes MCFC because you tell yourself that. I think a good part of 30% of us are MCFC fans as well but we are well past this childish viewpoint of like our club, respect our club and so on. Who gives a shit? Why should we as fans care so much? When we win the title we shouldnt expect our sister club in NYC to throw a parade too out of 'respect'. Come on people.
Before we hashed out all this crap when we first got going we had people coming and then leaving because they felt as if they had to be a city fan to stay here because they got shit the minute they said they supported another club "well that makes no sense why would you support something run by city if you like Liverpool" and we got past that up until yesterday and honest to god if I need to start warning and banning people for continuously hijacking threads about this same damn topic I will.
Go to the Warzone section and have at it. This is the last thread that turns into this stupid, meaningless discussion. YOU CANT MAKE SOMEONE LIKE OR RESPECT YOUR CLUB. IF THATS WHAT YOU NEED TO FEEL GOOD ABOUT YOUR STANCE THEN YOU NEED TO CHECK YOUR OWN LOYALTY.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gene and smudgedj