Mendoza Gone? (Latest Update Says No)

Because he was teansfered, his salary comes off our books/cap. Correct?

Could this be the prelude to another signing before the 15th?

saw it on twitter....sucks really....now we get no explosive option from the bench....what sucks more is that he is leaving to a league that only has like a 3 month season.
If they do nothing to remedy this, I agree. However, we have two weeks, so we may see a move. I was never a big fan of Mendoza, so I would be fine if we can find equal or better value. If we do nothing, that concerns me.

Reactions: Ulrich and Kjbert
If they do nothing to remedy this, I agree. However, we have two weeks, so we may see a move. I was never a big fan of Mendoza, so I would be fine if we can find equal or better value. If we do nothing, that concerns me.

but the options are very limited since it has to be a free agent or someone that can end their contract to join nycfc on the free.

i did like mendoza coming of the bench as his speed would add some pressure to the opponents defense

Reactions: JayH
Question - when did/does the Indian League transfer window open? We had a feeling he was leaving 45 days ago and then absolute silence. I wonder if this has been in the works for a while...we were just waiting for a transfer window to open?

If there is only two months left in the season, can we sign a guy for two months with that limited cap hit?

Is there compensation for the loan deal being broken? That happens in the EPL sometimes

but the options are very limited since it has to be a free agent or someone that can end their contract to join nycfc on the free.

i did like mendoza coming of the bench as his speed would add some pressure to the opponents defense
I love his speed up until he hits the top of the 18 and decides to hit the breaks and cut inside..... that makes me scream!

Just once (or maybe every time), I want him to continue to the end-line and immediately launch a cross into the danger area so that all of the trailing forwards *and* LAMPARD have an opportunity to knock the ball in from the run of play. Defending those speed crosses are tough for the defense because their momentum from running means a clearance has the possibility to careen into the net for an own goal.

Reactions: Kjbert and JayH
Which becomes news. I posted on July 19, 2015 that Patrick Vieira would be our next coach (I also listed some more ridiculous possibilities). But I was right.

Now if I'm just right about Etihad Island I think I deserve a journalism degree from Columbia.
And there was the little incident back in May 2015 where I brought a two sided sign to our home game. Side 1: Ready for Pirlo. Side 2: Blatter Must Go.

Seven days later ...

I have a photo of this somewhere.
I've never been a sign guy. I don't know what possessed me. But that kicked off such an amazing month of speculation and excitement. I don't think I will ever get tired of reliving the thrill of that whole lead up to his signing. I've never even seen the stadium thread approach the craziness and giddiness that the Pirlo speculation thread had as we waited for that official news.

We need to keep Mendoza. He's our best substitute striker and winger.

And others pointed this out, but it's so very clear he's a striker and not a winger. He's so much more comfortable in the middle. He's not going to get a lot of assists, but neither does Villa really.

I like him. Midas approved. Even though he passes (or doesn't pass) for shit 87% of the time.