Metro North Train

Dwardz

Registered
Feb 26, 2015
Live in New Haven.. For yankee games they have the yankee clipper, which is a direct train from New Haven to Yankee Stadium making a few stops in CT. Will this be used for NYCFC?

I would email the club and ask, as of right now nothing official has been announced

I appreciate the info. I am thinking of taking Metro North. It would be easier , obviously, if it went direct but this doesn't sound so bad. Anyone thinking of taking Metro North on the 15th? We could possibly try to coordinate so a few of us could arrive at the same time.

i'll be taking MNR from beacon on the 15th...no direct stop from there either, have to transfer at croton harmon

This is too bad. Hopefully, they will reconsider. It would help if others e-mailed and encouraged them to change.

Parking could become tough if everyone from points north has to drive.

I know that heading down and transferring at Harlem is an option, but it's a big drawback to get home that way, particularly if you are taking kids.

Just got the same response that they are not planning to run special trains for the games, but they did say that might change.

I encourage everyone to write in as well. The more people they hear from on this issue, the more likely we get the train service we need and deserve.

What kind of regular attendance do you think NYCFC need in order to make it worthwhile for them?

Yankee average attendance last year was 45K, I think, although it's not clear that represents fannies in the seats. My guess is that 30K would do it, maybe fewer.

I'm from Albany and am planning on taking the Metro North from Poughkeepsie to games. Would love for it to go direct to Yankee Stadium. Let me know if I can help with getting this to work

Reactions: Sabo
Presuming worst case scenario and that there won't be direct train at least for the opener can one of our more subway experienced members give directions to a poor Connecticut type from Grand Central to Yankee stadium by Subway? As someone who goes into NYC a few times a year and London about once a year I sadly find the tube about a million times easier to navigate.

fourline.gif

UPTOWN.......about 5 stops I believe.

Presuming worst case scenario and that there won't be direct train at least for the opener can one of our more subway experienced members give directions to a poor Connecticut type from Grand Central to Yankee stadium by Subway? As someone who goes into NYC a few times a year and London about once a year I sadly find the tube about a million times easier to navigate.

Your best bet will be Metro North New Haven line to Harlem - 125th Street, then switch to Metro North Hudson line one stop to Yankee Stadium. No need to go all the way down to Grand Central.

Or, I highly recommend driving to one of the subway stops north of the stadium and parking. My stop of choice is the Fordham Road station. You can drive to Fordham Road and park at the 24-hour covered Monroe College lot (Jerome Avenue & 190th Street), then take the subway 7 stops to Yankee Stadium.

Reactions: Goodfella
I appreciate it. That sounds easy enough the switching at Harlem. Wish they'd run the direct train but that doesn't sound too bad. I'm probably not up for driving all the way down from Connecticut.

Your best bet will be Metro North New Haven line to Harlem - 125th Street, then switch to Metro North Hudson line one stop to Yankee Stadium. No need to go all the way down to Grand Central.

Or, I highly recommend driving to one of the subway stops north of the stadium and parking. My stop of choice is the Fordham Road station. You can drive to Fordham Road and park at the 24-hour covered Monroe College lot (Jerome Avenue & 190th Street), then take the subway 7 stops to Yankee Stadium.

So if I take metro north down from Poughkeepsie it won't stop at the stadium, but a northbound train from Harlem will?