Miami Expansion Megathread

Miami is obviously way closer.

They've at least identified an area they're going after.

I'm sure those six property owners are now sweating bullets. Its their right to ask any price, no matter now absurd it may be, that is par for the course for any negotiations. However, there comes a point in time when you have to come to your senses and see the overall picture. Would they seriously get a better deal in the future?

Honestly, given the terms they would need to build next to the Marlins ballpark, this might be better for them.

Looks like there is a new site in play. Involves an abandoned lot in Overtown and a county sewage treatment plant. A single private owner is willing to sell the land, so no holdout issues. Everything privately owned and financed.

Would be a great location. Walking distance from both light rail that goes through Downtown and Brickell and the commuter rail line. Also near University of Miami. I don't think the site is big enough for a stadium they could both use, but that could be an option.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article47939140.html

Looks like there is a new site in play. Involves an abandoned lot in Overtown and a county sewage treatment plant. A single private owner is willing to sell the land, so no holdout issues. Everything privately owned and financed.

Would be a great location. Walking distance from both light rail that goes through Downtown and Brickell and the commuter rail line. Also near University of Miami. I don't think the site is big enough for a stadium they could both use, but that could be an option.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article47939140.html

It's essentially a done deal. MLS just has to approve it today.

Not a great location for me personally because I live in north Broward County (basically 50-55 min north) but big picture wise it's good for the city and there are some real nice transpiration options.

I'll be curious to see if they have parking garages for those not using public transportation.

It's essentially a done deal. MLS just has to approve it today.

Not a great location for me personally because I live in north Broward County (basically 50-55 min north) but big picture wise it's good for the city and there are some real nice transpiration options.

I'll be curious to see if they have parking garages for those not using public transportation.
So you'll abandon us?
puss-in-boots-74136016931.jpeg

Haha no I won't be leaving. I will support Miami (and likely become a Founding Season Ticket Holder) but I have an unnatural obsession with Pirlo and I really like this forum.

Zero chance the Miami forum will be as good as this one.

Reactions: BxLio91
Haha no I won't be leaving. I will support Miami (and likely become a Founding Season Ticket Holder) but I have an unnatural obsession with Pirlo and I really like this forum.

Zero chance the Miami forum will be as good as this one.
Welcome home:

BCV05%20Beckham%20News%20rk

BNM05%20Beckam%20News%20rk

Reactions: Kjbert
Not really sure what you're getting at with that.

That it's in a bad area?

There are countless pro stadiums in bad areas.

Or are you just showing me pictures that I've already seen?

Apparently, Overtown is the single worst neighborhood in Miami. But this stadium is near the basketball arena.

Good for Beckham for getting this deal done.

Apparently, Overtown is the single worst neighborhood in Miami. But this stadium is near the basketball arena.

Good for Beckham for getting this deal done.
But is it worse than Chester PA or Paramore neighborhood in Orlando? A lot of MLS stadiums and stadiums in general are in areas that are blighted.

However this area of Miami is really changing a lot. It's right near the Miami River (those who've watched it, it's the same area where Michael Weston lived in Burnt Notice, love that show). It will probably be a lot different even in a few years when that stadium is built. IF it actually gets built.

Reactions: BxLio91