Miami Expansion Megathread

Apparently, Overtown is the single worst neighborhood in Miami. But this stadium is near the basketball arena.

Good for Beckham for getting this deal done.

My brother owned a business there 15 to 10 years ago. Might be the worst neighborhood in the state. Might have changed for the better.

Who's going to have the worse set of fans? Orlando or Miamo? My guess is Orlando.

I know it's not cool to say anything positive about Orlando City on this board but......

I drove up to Orlando for the NYCFC match in October and they have great supporters. That place was rocking. Stadium is in the hood by the way. I parked in someone's back yard.

I live in Miami and I can assure you that our fans will be way worse than Orlando fans.

Miami is home to the worst fans in America. But it's mostly due to the fact that 80% of the sports fans here still root for the teams they supported before they moved down to Florida.

I know a tool who still roots for the Philadelphia Phillies and he moved from Philly to Miami 30 years ago.

I know it's not cool to say anything positive about Orlando City on this board but......

I drove up to Orlando for the NYCFC match in October and they have great supporters. That place was rocking. Stadium is in the hood by the way. I parked in someone's back yard.

I live in Miami and I can assure you that our fans will be way worse than Orlando fans.

Miami is home to the worst fans in America. But it's mostly due to the fact that 80% of the sports fans here still root for the teams they supported before they moved down to Florida.

I know a tool who still roots for the Philadelphia Phillies and he moved from Philly to Miami 30 years ago.
Yeah it was just a joke really. My season tickets were right next to the away support so I got to experience them all. Orlando fans were great, actually.

Last edited:
I have a lot of respect for what Orlando is building there. I've been pleasantly surprised for sure. I grew up 2 hours north, so I know the place well. Hope to get to a game one day.