Mix Gone?

With MLS being so secretive about contract details, it's tough to know what the contract details are, but i'm pretty sure Pirlo is under contract for next season (or at least has an option, which he might not take) and Mix is not.

Mix does not hit the cap for $760,000 because he is not a DP and the max cap hit I believe is like $475,000. So we are using various mechanisms like TAM/GAM/DonBucks and such to pay his salary down. Still, combining everything he is very expensive.
However, if Pirlo and Lampard were not around, I would love to build a midfield to suit Mix. We have never seen Mix being Mix, because he has either been played out of position and/or in a shitty midfield setup. If given the right opportunity, I believe Mix would prove to be worth every penny.

you can't use TAM/GAM when discussing salaries counting against the cap. We could easily use that TAM/GAM for another player(s). He takes up $760,000 in cap space, one way or another.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
I personally think Mix is on a decline. He got dropped from the USMNT...

Not necessarily. He also could have been left off because he wasn't playing/starting for his club team and Jurgen wants players who are in form. (Howard being a huge exemption, but he deserves it). That might not be Mix's fault if it's just he doesn't fit into PVs system and not related to talent level.

Also, it could be that the USMNT talent pool has improved over the last couple of years and he was never good enough to jump youngsters Pulisic, nagbe, yedlin, brooks... Or even players who also didn't make it to Copa; Morris, Green, miazga, hyndman...

Reactions: SoupInNYC
Not necessarily. He also could have been left off because he wasn't playing/starting for his club team and Jurgen wants players who are in form. (Howard being a huge exemption, but he deserves it). That might not be Mix's fault if it's just he doesn't fit into PVs system and not related to talent level.

Also, it could be that the USMNT talent pool has improved over the last couple of years and he was never good enough to jump youngsters Pulisic, nagbe, yedlin, brooks... Or even players who also didn't make it to Copa; Morris, Green, miazga, hyndman...

Mix is out of the USMNT because he is behind Nagbe. That's it.

Reactions: adam
Will suck if it's any other East team. Will suck more if somehow LA magically has the means to get him.

I'll predict either Philly or DCU.
I was under the impression Philly blew pretty much all the GAM they had to pull off their draft day trades??? I'm sure they have the cap space, but I'm skeptical they don't have the means to fill it

I was under the impression Philly blew pretty much all the GAM they had to pull off their draft day trades??? I'm sure they have the cap space, but I'm skeptical they don't have the means to fill it

If they take his full contract, we might not get anything for Mix. Too expensive to have much trade value.

But Philly could slot him as a DP and not have to spend any allocation money on him. Just send us an international spot and take his entire salary and we'll call it a day.

Can't you not sell to other MLS teams? It would have to be an exchange of TAM or GAM or whatever else MLS calls it, unless a player is included.

No info, but I am going to guess Seattle since they have a ton of money from Obafemi Martins. That way it gets him out of the East also.

Can't you not sell to other MLS teams? It would have to be an exchange of TAM or GAM or whatever else MLS calls it, unless a player is included.

No info, but I am going to guess Seattle since they have a ton of money from Obafemi Martins. That way it gets him out of the East also.
If that were true then he definitely would have travelled with the team for the game... And just stayed...

Wherever he's headed, he'll have a real stadium to play in before we will.

Reactions: adam