Mix Gone?

I would think a team would want to send a player in return to help offset Mix's salary? Even if Mix becomes a DP for whichever team, that's still a huge chunk of change to take on without jettisoning something.
Depends on how much GAM/TAM Colombus has to use.....

Reactions: Ulrich
I think that pic speaks volumes, really. A few weeks back, starting or not, Mix would be all up in that group hug. Him way in the back like that, :(

Both Mix and Mehdi Ballouchy were running drills with a trainer early yesterday on the field.

They both seemed perfectly healthy, given they didn't even end up being in the 18… something is definitely up.

Both Mix and Mehdi Ballouchy were running drills with a trainer early yesterday on the field.

They both seemed perfectly healthy, given they didn't even end up being in the 18… something is definitely up.

Well, today's the day. Happy July 4th/MLS transfer window! May everyone who finds their independence today be happy about it.

NYCFC's most expensive player (in cap terms) cannot even make the 18. They need to move him. Imagine adding a quality winger or a CB instead of Mix. I'm not going to go into all MLS players who make less than $750k...but there are some impressive names (MLS-best XI) there.

Reyna, get it done.

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
So get him off the trading block and back in the 18 at least!

But in place of whom? We just beat our boogey man, the Red Bulls. We're top of the East. I was amazed at the line-up on Sunday - but it worked perfectly.

Up 2-0, PV had guys on the bench in Lopez and Bravo who could help him park the bus and harass NYRB.

Midweek game, do you go with Mix and give Pirlo a break? Maybe. Do you give Lampard a break? Maybe. But there wasn't a place for him on Sunday. PV had a tactical masterpiece.

Reactions: adam
But in place of whom? We just beat our boogey man, the Red Bulls. We're top of the East. I was amazed at the line-up on Sunday - but it worked perfectly.

Up 2-0, PV had guys on the bench in Lopez and Bravo who could help him park the bus and harass NJRB.

Midweek game, do you go with Mix and give Pirlo a break? Maybe. Do you give Lampard a break? Maybe. But there wasn't a place for him on Sunday. PV had a tactical masterpiece.
I know that Mix didn't enjoy playing on the wing last year, and maybe that was a result of the tactics of wanting the ball to stay central the entire game, but I'd love for him to give it another go if he's motivated to buy into it. PV has put a premium on the wing play, and Harrison has shown what our new tactics are capable of with isolation and individual dribbling/moments of brilliance on the wings, and Mix has the technical ability to beat people off the dribble and can deliver great passes from the end line. It may be a psychological hangup and Mix only feels he's comfortable in the middle, and this is all a moot point. But if he'd buy in to the notion of being a winger in a system that makes each winger a playmaker, then we could have a ridiculous starting 11 (10):

---Mix-----Villa------Harrison

--------Pirlo------Lampard----

-------------Iraola--------------

Mata----Mena----Brillant-----RJ

---------------Oops!!!----------------

Reactions: FootyLovin and adam
So get him off the trading block and back in the 18 at least!
I don't know if he is or isn't being traded, but if you are shopping him you don't play him, cause if he picks up an injury you can't move him. Put him in the 18 if you're trying to keep the media away from speculating but then you're limiting your game day selection cause it goes back to the first point, don't let your trading chip get injured.

He's great cover for our midfield in case of injury or double game weeks, but honestly for his salary we could get 4 mikey lopez's for depth, or 2 starter quality players in almost any position other then striker where we'd probably only be able to get 1.

I know that Mix didn't enjoy playing on the wing last year, and maybe that was a result of the tactics of wanting the ball to stay central the entire game, but I'd love for him to give it another go if he's motivated to buy into it. PV has put a premium on the wing play, and Harrison has shown what our new tactics are capable of with isolation and individual dribbling/moments of brilliance on the wings, and Mix has the technical ability to beat people off the dribble and can deliver great passes from the end line. It may be a psychological hangup and Mix only feels he's comfortable in the middle, and this is all a moot point. But if he'd buy in to the notion of being a winger in a system that makes each winger a playmaker, then we could have a ridiculous starting 11 (10):

---Mix-----Villa------Harrison

--------Pirlo------Lampard----

-------------Iraola--------------

Mata----Mena----Brillant-----RJ

---------------Oops!!!----------------
Was he ever lined up that far forward last year? I remember him on the right side of the diamond, but never as a forward.

Was he ever lined up that far forward last year? I remember him on the right side of the diamond, but never as a forward.
Yeah, he played right wing the one or two times that Kreis tried it in a 433. Amazingly, we looked great in a 433 and yet it never stuck. Mix's biggest issue as a winger was he got isolated out there too often - players didn't shift over to support him for passes - and Mix wasn't great at crashing the back post on crosses. It was frustrating at times to see him out all by himself and nobody shifting in, but again, that was the Kreis-style of playing tight to the center of the field, so he was bound to be left on an island.

I think he played as a Secondary Striker behind Poku against the Cosmos?