Mix Gone?

If I remember correctly Shea had that great season at Dallas principally playing on the wing and using his size and pace to create opportunities (sounds a lot like what was envisioned for Shelton, but sticking to the topic...).

Shea got a lot of notice including national team calls and overseas interest. Then the tinkering Jurgen (enamored with his size and speed, because that's priority #1 and #2 for him), who thinks "anyone" can play LB, decided to put him there...which is not his position.

Shea then bombed out at Europe and went to Orlando, where he would play LB to develop for the national team...which has been a mixed result at best.

He could be a success if you put him on the wing and tell him to run at people and in space. Another issue with Shea is that he pretty much has a 10 cent head, all skills and a limited soccer brain.

Could it work? Maybe. But it's a risk.

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
If I remember correctly Shea had that great season at Dallas principally playing on the wing and using his size and pace to create opportunities (sounds a lot like what was envisioned for Shelton, but sticking to the topic...).

Shea got a lot of notice including national team calls and overseas interest. Then the tinkering Jurgen (enamored with his size and speed, because that's priority #1 and #2 for him), who thinks "anyone" can play LB, decided to put him there...which is not his position.

Shea then bombed out at Europe and went to Orlando, where he would play LB to develop for the national team...which has been a mixed result at best.

He could be a success if you put him on the wing and tell him to run at people and in space. Another issue with Shea is that he pretty much has a 10 cent head, all skills and a limited soccer brain.

Could it work? Maybe. But it's a risk.

What's with the Jurgen hate? You make it seem like everything was ok in Shealand until Jurgen came along. He had a great 2013 Gold Cup for Jurgen playing at LM, but after he signed with Stoke City he was either injured or couldn't crack a lineup. He played less than 20 competitive matches in the EPL and Championship in the two years in between signing with Stoke City and signing with Orlando City. If you don't play for two years, you get replaced.

The idea that Jurgen is directing Brek to play LB is also absurd. He has played LB for pretty much every team he has played with including at Dallas. IIRC correctly Brek even played some CB for Dallas.

Reactions: FootyLovin
No Mix again. Will he suit up in a City uniform ever again? If he doesn't play Wednesday on short rest, I think that's a nail in the coffin.
Makes no sense -- wouldn't they want to showcase him a bit?

Both Mix and Mendoza don't have lockers. Well they both weren't in the 18 today. Andre Rawls wasn't either but he has a locker. This looks to be a confirmation of pending deals, wherever they go.

So is Ballouchy gone, too?

I think this is much ado about nothing. I know the lockers are in numerical order, but this appears to be just the guys in the 18, aside from the third-string goalie.

Also, I've been in that locker room for hockey -- there are lockers on all four sides. It's possible they have lockers for the 18 on one side, and the other guys are on the opposite wall.

You could even tell by his face in that team pic he's gone.

Looks like everyone is where they are supposed to be...

image.png

Reactions: sbrylski
He made a nice post game tweet about being in first place. Kind dude to do that regardless of whether he's out or just out of favor.

Reactions: Kjbert and Ulrich
Columbus had Kamara in the lineup th game before they dealt him to New England. Then again, the game was a catalyst for his departure. I wouldn't overlook Columbus have their normal lineup tonight.

Reactions: Kjbert and JayH
Columbus had Kamara in the lineup th game before they dealt him to New England. Then again, the game was a catalyst for his departure. I wouldn't overlook Columbus have their normal lineup tonight.

I also wouldn't assume we are getting a player back, considering Mix's bloated salary sucks up all his trade value.

I also wouldn't assume we are getting a player back, considering Mix's bloated salary sucks up all his trade value.
I would think a team would want to send a player in return to help offset Mix's salary? Even if Mix becomes a DP for whichever team, that's still a huge chunk of change to take on without jettisoning something.

Reactions: sbrylski