Mix Gone?

At least he's getting out of it in an up market. The guy deserves at least that on the way out. And up to $250,000 in profit tax free!
Unless it's been changed, the rules for tax free profit from a house sale has a minimum time stipulation: must be primary residence for 3 of last 5 years. Mix has been here less than 2.

Reactions: adam
Unless it's been changed, the rules for tax free profit from a house sale has a minimum time stipulation: must be primary residence for 3 of last 5 years. Mix has been here less than 2.
He rented near me with Khiry. After Khiry moved out, I believe he moved out as well, though I am not sure where.

Reactions: Kjbert and adam

You're right. He should hold on to it and keep his NY residency. Sell in a year.

The dreamer in me hopes he had an afternoon closing on a new apartment. The realist in me realizes he was probably at an afternoon closing selling his apartment.
While I don't think this had anything to do with an apartment, Mix wasn't in team gear so put your money on him not being in New England.

At this point my guess is a trade is in the works.

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
While I don't think this had anything to do with an apartment, Mix wasn't in team gear so put your money on him not being in New England.

That was my point :(

Reactions: NYCFCfan

Seems inevitable at this point. I'm sad to see him go, but I understand the teams logic. I hope he lands in a good spot where he can start and regain his form along with his USMNT spot.

We need a Mix montauge in slow motion to sad music like the do in talking dead for all the fallen characters.

We need a Mix montauge in slow motion to sad music like the do in talking dead for all the fallen characters.
Mix needs a cameo on the Walking Dead

Reactions: adam
I was talking to a Crew fan tonight, he mentioned Diskerud and said he'd take him on the team.

Obviously, that means nothing. But it made me do some digging. Apparently Ola Kamara and Mix Diskerud are friends from childhood.

They also got some money and picks for Kei Kamara when he was dealt to New England, specifically:

General Allocation Money, Targeted Allocation Money, New England's highest 1st Round MLS SuperDraft pick in 2017, New England's highest 2nd Round MLS SuperDraft pick in 2018 and one of New England's international roster spots for the 2016 season.

The roster spot is being used as they brought someone in on loan. But all that allocation money can go a long way in terms of improving the roster this summer.

I was talking to a Crew fan tonight, he mentioned Diskerud and said he'd take him on the team.

Obviously, that means nothing. But it made me do some digging. Apparently Ola Kamara and Mix Diskerud are friends from childhood.

They also got some money and picks for Kei Kamara when he was dealt to New England, specifically:

General Allocation Money, Targeted Allocation Money, New England's highest 1st Round MLS SuperDraft pick in 2017, New England's highest 2nd Round MLS SuperDraft pick in 2018 and one of New England's international roster spots for the 2016 season.

The roster spot is being used as they brought someone in on loan. But all that allocation money can go a long way in terms of improving the roster this summer.
And right now that 2017 1st rnd pick is quite valuable - NE is in 16th place, but nearly 20th on pts/gam and the team's behind all have games in hand.

Unless you are selling your home because your job has been transferred. Then the rules are different

Reactions: Ulrich
Or you can do a 1031 exchange and roll it into a new property tax free.

This only works for investment property of any type. Has to be a like for like exchange of property. Not for a primary residence. I'm a nerd

Reactions: Taurus
The dreamer in me hopes he had an afternoon closing on a new apartment. The realist in me realizes he was probably at an afternoon closing selling his apartment.
He trained with the team today. If he didn't make the trip to New England with them then it's settled. If he's not making the 18 right now in a mid week game it's over. Or Vieira is playing starters with it being a conference matchup and resting them for SKC

Reactions: Kjbert
Also I really hope I didn't jinx him. I got his jersey signed in preseason for the Forums fantasy league. He was really cool about it. Told him I'll be behind the team bench and he said he'll come over after the match and sign it. He signed for me and easily 20 other people. Poku sat right in front of us.. Naturally I got him to sign it, but the front so he couldnt see it was another players jersey, not that he'd care.
Mix signed the back so he didn't see Poku's auto on the front.
I figured it would be cool to have the jersey with a few more autos.
That's frowned upon right? Having players sign another players jersey?
Now fast forward 4 months later and there's a chance neither of them will be with the team.

Vieira signed it too.. Does that mean #vieiraout ?
Did I put a curse on them?!

Also I really hope I didn't jinx him. I got his jersey signed in preseason for the Forums fantasy league. He was really cool about it. Told him I'll be behind the team bench and he said he'll come over after the match and sign it. He signed for me and easily 20 other people. Poku sat right in front of us.. Naturally I got him to sign it, but the front so he couldnt see it was another players jersey, not that he'd care.
Mix signed the back so he didn't see Poku's auto on the front.
I figured it would be cool to have the jersey with a few more autos.
That's frowned upon right? Having players sign another players jersey?
Now fast forward 4 months later and there's a chance neither of them will be with the team.

Vieira signed it too.. Does that mean #vieiraout ?
Did I put a curse on them?!
Dan, you fucking asshole. Fuck you.