Mix Gone?

Reactions: JayH and Kjbert
Yes. But when Mix was subbed on for Mullins, Poku moved up to play CF and Mix played underneath him
They both started the cup game last year. I remember Mullins playing the full 120 because he took a PK. Maybe it was when Grabavoy subbed on for Poku?

Reactions: Kjbert
Yes. But when Mix was subbed on for Mullins, Poku moved up to play CF and Mix played underneath him
Mullins & Poku played Forwards in a 442

Mix started the Game and played centrally. Mix also scored on his PK

Mullins was never subbed off - his PK was saved in the shootout.

Poku was subbed off for Grabavoy in 87th minute - Kosmos scored the tying goal in 90 and Grabavoy's PK was saved

http://matchcenter.mlssoccer.com/matchcenter/2015-06-17-new-york-cosmos-vs-new-york-city-fc/lineup

I just wanted to point out some cap thingy's that I had not remembered earlier. If i'm not mistaken, Mix was signed prior to the current CBA signing, perhaps before the prior CBA even expired?
At that time, the league had all sorts of alleged cap exemptions that may mean that Mix's cap hit is significantly less than we think. First, it had been rumored that you would get DonBucks for bringing in US National teams players. When Mix was signed, he was never introduced as a DP, or even a potential DP despite being signed when we still had a DP slot open. That leads me to believe that we got a special exemption on Mix's contract which most likely remains in effect. It is not unusual in this league for the league to absorb some of a players salary or give some type of exemption. Considering he was signed in between a CBA dispute, we really do not know anything, but my conclusion is that we are not getting hit with all of Mix's salary, and we are not using TAM/GAM to bring it down below the player max.
Of course we will never know, because this is MLS, but 300k per year in TAM/GAM jsut seems kind of crazy.

I just wanted to point out some cap thingy's that I had not remembered earlier. If i'm not mistaken, Mix was signed prior to the current CBA signing, perhaps before the prior CBA even expired?
At that time, the league had all sorts of alleged cap exemptions that may mean that Mix's cap hit is significantly less than we think. First, it had been rumored that you would get DonBucks for bringing in US National teams players. When Mix was signed, he was never introduced as a DP, or even a potential DP despite being signed when we still had a DP slot open. That leads me to believe that we got a special exemption on Mix's contract which most likely remains in effect. It is not unusual in this league for the league to absorb some of a players salary or give some type of exemption. Considering he was signed in between a CBA dispute, we really do not know anything, but my conclusion is that we are not getting hit with all of Mix's salary, and we are not using TAM/GAM to bring it down below the player max.
Of course we will never know, because this is MLS, but 300k per year in TAM/GAM jsut seems kind of crazy.
This is why I only comment on talent and not these salary rules. There is no way I think we can reasonably guess unless you're part of the club. From my point we need to keep Mix based on talent and depth. I have to believe the front office knows what they can afford. Besides, what makes it more relevant is the fact that because we really don't know all the ins and outs, there is no way we send a player out without working on receiving a quality player simultaneously. So, if we are sending Mix out, who are we bringing in that's better for his or any other position.

While I don't want Mix to leave, because I do believe at some point his skill and talent will find a way to contribute meaningfully this season, if we could find a way to work out a Mix for (insert competent keeper) trade, I would be thrilled. I do believe that this team we have is good enough to at least compete for the cup this season! Our biggest liability is our keeper, and nothing can kill a team in the playoffs worse than just a single mistake from a keeper. In that respect, brining in a more reliable keeper is huge if we want to be legitimate MLS Cup contenders.
Btw, it's nice to be able to mention this team along with the same phrase as "legitimate MLS Cup contenders" and not be a ridiculous homer! This is probably about the first time we could truly be considered contenders.

if we could find a way to work out a Mix for (insert competent keeper) trade, I would be thrilled. I do believe that this team we have is good enough to at least compete for the cup this season! Our biggest liability is our keeper, and nothing can kill a team in the playoffs worse than just a single mistake from a keeper. In that respect, brining in a more reliable keeper is huge if we want to be legitimate MLS Cup contenders.

Mix to Colorado for Zac MacMath. Boom.

(yes, I know that the $$$ would not work and Colorado wouldn't want Mix, but stop making sense)

I agree, totally. I tried to make a very similar point earlier in the thread, but it didn't catch on too much.

Now I know it's not my ideas, at least...

Reactions: JayH and Kjbert
The dreamer in me hopes he had an afternoon closing on a new apartment. The realist in me realizes he was probably at an afternoon closing selling his apartment.

At least he's getting out of it in an up market. The guy deserves at least that on the way out. And up to $250,000 in profit tax free!