MLS and Apple Broadcasting Deal

Well, I know what I'll never really care to watch:
1676472169309.png

This is really good news all-around. Great job by MLS, I'm sure this will pick up too as it continues. I wonder how much of this is apple's negotiating skills as well?

Reactions: moogoo
I also just noticed that 3 matches will broadcast tonight. Most likely a soft launch, hopefully with full production capabilities. Too bad I gotta wait until TMobile Tuesday to sign up lol, unless they are outside the pay wall.
Hopefully they do a trial of the whip around show. That can be hard to get right, the more trial and error now the better.

I also just noticed that 3 matches will broadcast tonight. Most likely a soft launch, hopefully with full production capabilities. Too bad I gotta wait until TMobile Tuesday to sign up lol, unless they are outside the pay wall.
Hopefully they do a trial of the whip around show. That can be hard to get right, the more trial and error now the better.
Oooh, that's interesting.

7:10pm New England at Orlando
8:10pm Dallas at Houston
9:10pm Toronto at LAG

Oooh, that's interesting.

7:10pm New England at Orlando
8:10pm Dallas at Houston
9:10pm Toronto at LAG
It's working pregame without a subscription. I assume game will be as well! Video quality it's high. Studio decent. Personalities are going to take time to judge.

I am also waiting until tuesday! looking forward, though!

Graphics are simple and fairly sleek. I wish the score bar was a bit more condensed, but it's better than many I've seen.

Well I was super annoyed that in the bug they had a purple block for Orlando, which was fine, but for New England it was navy blue when they're wearing white jerseys. Kind of a pet peeve of mine that some networks who shall remain nameless (CBS/Paramount+) don't change the colors to match the jerseys, but then to their credit they did change it to white once somebody noticed.

First purple and navy
ABDC2D03-8899-41C5-BF8C-BA9DC80FB7DA.jpeg

Then purple and white
42586550-16EC-4227-B79B-BFA0728748C4.jpeg

Well I was super annoyed that in the bug they had a purple block for Orlando, which was fine, but for New England it was navy blue when they're wearing white jerseys. Kind of a pet peeve of mine that some networks who shall remain nameless (CBS/Paramount+) don't change the colors to match the jerseys, but then to their credit they did change it to white once somebody noticed.

First purple and navy
View attachment 12555

Then purple and white
View attachment 12554
Another thing they improved on the fly was the transition to/from replay.

First purple and navy
View attachment 12555

Then purple and white
View attachment 12554
LATE BREAKING UPDATE:
Dallas at Houston had the correct colors from the opening whistle!

First purple and navy
View attachment 12555

Then purple and white
View attachment 12554
I'm sure they're gonna get the hang of it very soon, they're definitely just going through the growing pains!

...One thing that really annoys me (and a LOT of streaming services do this for some annoying reason) is when you hover or anything you get the big grayscale that covers most of the screen. Suuuuuper annoying, especially when you have two screens.
1676770955288.png

• Sad
Reactions: mgarbowski