MLS and Apple Broadcasting Deal

I still have the entire match saved on my DVR. Was smart to record by an extra 2 hours before leaving for Portland.

I have it stopped right before the Callens' spot kick. Watch it from time to time.
I have a copy also and keep watching the Portland goal, knowing what I know, see them all cheering and rejoicing, think, "sorry, not today," and skip ahead to Callens. It's bizarrely satisfying.

i am enjoying the club profiles videos. only been thru a few so far. but its been good. hard to imagine they keep that high quality for all types of videos all year. certainly some teams won't im sure.
Some of them already were pretty rough. You can tell the teams that really took their time and wanted out out a great product where others seemed like they did it because they had to

Some of them already were pretty rough. You can tell the teams that really took their time and wanted out out a great product where others seemed like they did it because they had to

from the ones i have seen, Chicago was the worst.

I still have the entire match saved on my DVR. Was smart to record by an extra 2 hours before leaving for Portland.

I have it stopped right before the Callens' spot kick. Watch it from time to time.
Same! It would be embarrassing to have an accurate count of how many times I watched the PKs.

I’ve never watched it again since they won. Am I weird? Maybe I make my GF sit through it tonight. I wonder if I can tell her they just made a final and it’s live. She knows nothing about sports and might actually believe it.

FYI, you can be added to the family share and control if and which paid content/subscriptions you share.

You can disable purchase sharing and specific subscription sharing on your apple device. You will still be able to view any shared subscriptions (i.e., appleTV and MLS). This should alleviate the headache of multiple accounts and login repetitiveness mgarbowski mgarbowski pointed out earlier in the thread.

That being said, as I am not an apple user (and don't have content or subs other than appleTV + mls), nor do i know any. I haven't been able to test this but based on the screenshots below, it should be pretty simple.

Screenshots are from the apple support site.

1675354326532.png

1675354121378.png

I’ve never watched it again since they won. Am I weird? Maybe I make my GF sit through it tonight. I wonder if I can tell her they just made a final and it’s live. She knows nothing about sports and might actually believe it.
Every relationship is different but from my experience that sounds like potential for some bad reverberations.

• Haha
Reactions: adam
FYI, you can be added to the family share and control if and which paid content/subscriptions you share.

You can disable purchase sharing and specific subscription sharing on your apple device. You will still be able to view any shared subscriptions (i.e., appleTV and MLS). This should alleviate the headache of multiple accounts and login repetitiveness mgarbowski mgarbowski pointed out earlier in the thread.

That being said, as I am not an apple user (and don't have content or subs other than appleTV + mls), nor do i know any. I haven't been able to test this but based on the screenshots below, it should be pretty simple.

Screenshots are from the apple support site.

View attachment 12518

View attachment 12517
No. It doesn't work the way you think. You can exclude Drive from sharing and share everything else but that's it for granular item control. You can share all music, TV and movie purchases or none (ETA: You can hide some individual items from others, but probably not from the organizer who pays for everything). . You can share all subscriptions or none. You can't share a sub to MLS but nor Apple Music for example. I could parse it all out and show other screen shots from the actual controls but I'm done.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shwafta
No. It doesn't work the way you think. You can exclude Drive from sharing and share everything else but that's it for granular item control. You can share all music, TV and movie purchases or none. You can share all subscriptions or none. You can't share a sub to MLS but nor Apple Music for example. I could parse it all out and show other screen shots from the actual controls but I'm done.
This is all solved by the second account on non-apple devices method.

For what it's worth, on my work computer (mac) I'm logged into my personal apple id for music and i just logged into my second apple id on appletv and it didn't seem to conflict with any of that. I think website is different from apps.

No. It doesn't work the way you think. You can exclude Drive from sharing and share everything else but that's it for granular item control. You can share all music, TV and movie purchases or none. You can share all subscriptions or none. You can't share a sub to MLS but nor Apple Music for example. I could parse it all out and show other screen shots from the actual controls but I'm done.

ah thanks for the clarification. now that I read the screenshots again, it does not mention the ability to unshare individual subs, just the ability to add them.
however, the important thing is being able to unshare your purchased content and subs. As long as the family organizer is sharing subscriptions, then everyone else can still access them.

i've been browsing appleTV website (not the actual service but the informative pages on the apple support sites) and you can really tell how hard apple is pushing MLS. nearly everywhere appropriate, there is an explicit mention of MLS events or MLS season pass. examples:

1675361957469.png
1675362024073.png

i think it'll definitely get more viewers and if only santi were still in NY, his family could be watching easily through appleTV+. excited for this and how it will help MLS grow.

Reactions: Sabo
This is all solved by the second account on non-apple devices method.

For what it's worth, on my work computer (mac) I'm logged into my personal apple id for music and i just logged into my second apple id on appletv and it didn't seem to conflict with any of that. I think website is different from apps.
i logged into apple tv *on the website, not the tv app

As much as I (and we all) love mocking NJRB, the last two pages of this forum have largely been dedicated to reliving 2021 MLS Cup.
At least we're talking about the current decade. Obama was still president when 0-7 happened.