MLS and Apple Broadcasting Deal

360 would be great if it was just.... a regular multicast. during UCL/EL/ECL i was the multicasts and they're awesome. just do that.
THIS. Just move around between the games. I was very excited about MLS 360, but between the commercials, the blatant pro-RBNJ anti NYCFC tilt, and way too much in studio discussion, interviews, etc while the games are going on… it sucks.

Reactions: moogoo and Shwafta
THIS. Just move around between the games. I was very excited about MLS 360, but between the commercials, the blatant pro-RBNJ anti NYCFC tilt, and way too much in studio discussion, interviews, etc while the games are going on… it sucks.
Golazo show is just about perfect, they should emulate that. Scores on the side, a few people in the studio talking about what they're seeing and discussing various things, then switch back to the match commentary or any goals that show up. Done. Easy. Simple.

360 was great with Twellman. He is natural for that show. The others are not good.

I'm sure Twellman wants to do traveling instead, so he won't be in studio unless his match is cancelled again, but I wish!

Reactions: Schwallacus
Golazo show is just about perfect, they should emulate that. Scores on the side, a few people in the studio talking about what they're seeing and discussing various things, then switch back to the match commentary or any goals that show up. Done. Easy. Simple.
I agree completely.

• Love
Reactions: Shwafta
One of the great things they do is that as they whip around, they are a minute or so behind the action. So, when they check in on a game, it might be some simple play, or it might be a goal, and they don't tell you what is about to happen. It keeps the tension in place in a way that MLS 360 does not.

One of the great things they do is that as they whip around, they are a minute or so behind the action. So, when they check in on a game, it might be some simple play, or it might be a goal, and they don't tell you what is about to happen. It keeps the tension in place in a way that MLS 360 does not.
I'd add a slight asterisk, sometimes they tell you before it happens - and sometimes it's obvious bc they'll cut back to the commentary in a very obvious way. But it's still fine because that would never be perfect!

If you didn't get it the first time, MLS Season pass is once again free through T-mobile Tuesday, as is MLB.tv

I wonder how many people actually pay full price for MLS Season Pass. Not counting season ticket sign ups, T Mobile, etc, etc. Like how many people are actually making a conscious decision to pay $100 a year for this.

I wonder how many people actually pay full price for MLS Season Pass. Not counting season ticket sign ups, T Mobile, etc, etc. Like how many people are actually making a conscious decision to pay $100 a year for this.

I think based on everything they're doing all of a sudden, not many.

Whether this is true or not, it got me thinking: either apple knew this was coming and took a gamble he might eventually come to MLS, or they lucked out right now because you know darn well that their subscription numbers are about to skyrocket. Literally no other viewing options 🤣
Someone in the comment thread on the Athletic said that there is now AAAM (Apple & Adidas Allocation Money). 🤣

David Lee after his next big signing:
Season 1 Drama GIF by PBS

Last edited:
So all MLS franchises just paid in for a team that is under financial penalties because of mismanaging the salary cap to get an incredibly high priced player. I know it’s Messi but optics.

So when do we get our return on investment when inter Miami wins MLS cup? We helped pay for it!

So all MLS franchises just paid in for a team that is under financial penalties because of mismanaging the salary cap to get an incredibly high priced player. I know it’s Messi but optics.

So when do we get our return on investment when inter Miami wins MLS cup? We helped pay for it!
Yeah! They are going to cut up the cup into 30 pieces and send it to each of the teams!

The call on the game-winning, stoppage time, midfield shot for the Crew over long-time rival Chicago Fire was so dull it still upsets me.
That's what you get when you don't have recurring broadcast teams following a single team. Most of these neutral, national broadcasters have seemed dull and or just biased towards one team. It's so disappointing. I understand it's more money, but it would be such a better product for fans to be able to listen to the broadcasters they want for their games each time.

Reactions: Vallos