MLS - April 17 - Salt Lake (Home)

Anyone catch what was written on Taty’s under shirt? He had quite a few opportunities to show it off lol. All I got was the first word “Fuerza”
Fuerza familia Ruppert

- no idea what it means or what it refers to. anybody know?
The team put it up on Insta and one of the family members replied. They lost their mother 2 days ago and Taty must have been close with them.

Is that championship banner new? Was it there for the previous two home games?

Also since we give YS so much flak at all times, we should give them credit: The infield dirt/grass area has looked much better so far this season. Even more impressive since the Yankees had a home game on Thursday.

Also since we give YS so much flak at all times, we should give them credit: The infield dirt/grass area has looked much better so far this season. Even more impressive since the Yankees had a home game on Thursday.

imo when they actually try the infield looks and comes off great. it really feels like they were half assing it circa 2018/2019

Yes. it's new. was not there the last home games.

Anyone have a picture of the championship banner???
Here is a straight shot from behind first base goal. Btw every time I move from 129 to that end when we are attacking it in the second half, we have scored at least once in the half and have won convincingly. So I’ll take some credit for the result and I plan to do so from now on. We had some scary turnovers in the first half but in general we just took RSL out of the game. Talles/Santi/Thiago was slicing them to bits and when GP and Heber came on it continued. By rights it should have been 7 and the rest of the league is now on notice.

Attachments

• C393D52A-3B76-404C-BD18-9A4B4E90DCB6.jpeg
    C393D52A-3B76-404C-BD18-9A4B4E90DCB6.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Reactions: Shwafta
The team put it up on Insta and one of the family members replied. They lost their mother 2 days ago and Taty must have been close with them.
Interesting that they share a name with the family that built the Yankees (and the old stadium). I originally thought it was an obscure reference to something like that.

To all the people who want to take credit for today's convincing victory, I fully expect you to repeat everything you did for this game for every game going forward. if it's an away game and you need access to the stadium, well... I guess you have some things to figure out.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
The team's listed attendance today was 14,513. Dreadful. Absolutely dreadful. The defending MLS Cup champions, and our attendance is lower than it's ever been. I know it's Easter Sunday, but ... jeez. That's just shocking and depressing. They should be drawing way better than this.

Last season we had a little fun identifying one of our problems as being a large variance on whether we converted our chances in a given game. Some games, we converted well above Xg, some were below, and few were in the middle. We called it “lumpy goals.”

Well, the trend is continuing this season. We had 6 goals today, 4 in our home opener, and 1 in the other 4 games.
Last year was rather extreme. NYCFC was tied for third in the league with 56 goals scored despite scoring 0 or 1 goal in 20 games. They scored 2 or 3 goals - what you probably consider the basic building block of a successful season - just 10 times, and only 2 of those were 3-goal games. Finally, 36% of their goals came in just 4 games where they scored 4, 5, 5, and 6.

As you note, the trend continues but I doubt NYC will have anywhere near 20 0 and 1 goal games. Last year Medina and Shradi both shut down and contributed just 3 of their 16 goals after Game 14. From then until season end it was basically Taty or nobody, and too often nobody, with very occasional goals from everyone else. I'm cautiously optimistic Magno and Andrade won't disappear like that, though a bit concerned for when Castellanos likely leaves come July.

Alsoo, last year the team's second of four 4+ goal games came at Game 14. Yesterday was Game 6.

Here for a few days visiting KC for my birthday and had to catch the game and what a thing of beauty to see the team play like that.

A commanding performance just attacking with nothing to lose. RSL really couldn't do anything when they were playing like that.

The team's listed attendance today was 14,513. Dreadful. Absolutely dreadful. The defending MLS Cup champions, and our attendance is lower than it's ever been. I know it's Easter Sunday, but ... jeez. That's just shocking and depressing. They should be drawing way better than this.
Imagine where we’d be if we hadn’t won the cup. One would think that for all the $$ they have and for all of the expertise they have exhibited on the sporting and community sides, they could at least try a tad harder on marketing, be it targeting casuals or even things as simple as making sure all your games are on, y’know, actual TV. Really feels like they are biding time until they can get a stadium.
It felt very Chivas-y yesterday though at least CFG have the funds to stick it out. At least the on-field product is good.

Last night's YES network replay was delayed in favor of extended Nets postgame, so the last 10 minutes of the game were cut-off of my DVR because I need to allot 3 hours of recording to get a full <2 hour game that wasn't even presented live.