MLS - April 22 - Dallas (Home)

Regarding Perreira, his goal disallowed for offsides and another near miss later in the half set up our two goals in the second half.

In each case, Gabby’s defender overplayed him cutting across the field to his left. Gabby was able to advance it pretty easily toward the end line. On the second goal, he had the room to pass it across the goal to Santi for the tap in. On the third goal, he feinted left to buy room for a shot; it was saved, but Magno was able to clean up.

It's incredible how good the fan experience is at Citi Field. Took me 90 minutes to get there from southern Westchester last night so I parked at 7:20. I was through security, had time to use the bathroom and go to a concession stand, and was in my seat for the national anthem. If that was Yankee Stadium, I wouldn't have been inside until 8.

Just tried to post a screenshot of the Gabby offsides and Apple seems to effectively block that. Is that why everyone is posting timestamps instead? Is there a good work around?

Reactions: Kjbert
Celebrations.

Anyone else notice that the first Santi goal had a really weird celebration? No one came over to him. Hard to see on the TV coverage. But in the stadium watching it was really strange. They clearly celebrated with him on his second. And there was a lot of enthusiasm for Gabby's goal and a good group gather for Magno's. But the whole team just seemed to shrug off Santi's first.

Celebrations.

Anyone else notice that the first Santi goal had a really weird celebration? No one came over to him. Hard to see on the TV coverage. But in the stadium watching it was really strange. They clearly celebrated with him on his second. And there was a lot of enthusiasm for Gabby's goal and a good group gather for Magno's. But the whole team just seemed to shrug off Santi's first.
Well he was really the only player in the area there...

Reactions: Kjbert
It's incredible how good the fan experience is at Citi Field. Took me 90 minutes to get there from southern Westchester last night so I parked at 7:20. I was through security, had time to use the bathroom and go to a concession stand, and was in my seat for the national anthem. If that was Yankee Stadium, I wouldn't have been inside until 8.
Ugh same. That traffic on the Hutch was crazy. There was that fresh accident not far over the Bronx line, an accident on the Throgs Neck that backed up all the way down 695/95 and onto the Hutch, and then just phantom traffic the rest of the way to the Whitestone. Finally get to the bridge and traffic magically starts moving again. And the on the drive back I hit that storm wall not far from home.

At least it was all for a 3-1 win!

Can we tap the brakes on Santi as our savior pleaae? It’s one game. Teams will make adjustments. I never saw him drag a defender with him back into the midfield.

Can we tap the brakes on Santi as our savior pleaae? It’s one game. Teams will make adjustments. I never saw him drag a defender with him back into the midfield.
I agree. The reactions from game to game really remind me of liverpool's season, a la this image:
yxvuql68iwua1.jpg

i don't think anybody is claiming we are good to go. but the fact is we did look pretty good with santi as a false 9 and having a free flowing attacking 3-4. yes it is only one game, but we should celebrate the small wins.

we still need a true 9 for games where we need it. we aren't man city and don't have the talent/quality to play with a false 9 system and be very successful. it might work for some games, but not every game.

transfer window ends tomorrow? tonight? haven't seen/heard any rumors anywhere. guess we won't see any moves until summer.

I know I read midnight tonight somewhere on the official site, but I can't be sure which time zone. Probably East?
Roster rules don't specify, because of course they dont.

2023 Roster Compliance, Roster Freeze and Transfer Window Dates​

• The 2023 Roster Compliance Date is February 24, 2023 by 8 p.m. ET, at which time clubs must be roster and budget compliant heading into the start of the 2023 MLS season.
  • The 2023 Roster Freeze Date is September 13, 2023, at which time clubs must submit their final 30-man roster. Rosters cannot be changed from that date through the day after MLS Cup, subject to Extreme Hardship.
The registration windows - the dates between which MLS may request the international transfer certificate of a player under contract in another country - are as follows:
  • Primary Transfer Window: Tuesday, January 31, 2023 – Monday, April 24, 2023
  • Secondary Transfer Window: Wednesday, July 5, 2023 – Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Reactions: mgarbowski
Roster rules don't specify, because of course they dont.

2023 Roster Compliance, Roster Freeze and Transfer Window Dates​

• The 2023 Roster Compliance Date is February 24, 2023 by 8 p.m. ET, at which time clubs must be roster and budget compliant heading into the start of the 2023 MLS season.
  • The 2023 Roster Freeze Date is September 13, 2023, at which time clubs must submit their final 30-man roster. Rosters cannot be changed from that date through the day after MLS Cup, subject to Extreme Hardship.
The registration windows - the dates betweenB which MLS may request the international transfer certificate of a player under contract in another country - are as follows:
  • Primary Transfer Window: Tuesday, January 31, 2023 – Monday, April 24, 2023
  • Secondary Transfer Window: Wednesday, July 5, 2023 – Wednesday, August 2, 2023
Bogert tweeted its midnight CT, which makes sense since US Soccer is headquartered in Chicago.

Looking at Santi’s first goal. What the heck was this Dallas player doing? The ball gets by him and he bends over and gives up, then looked amazed as the shot went in. He might have had a play on Santi if he turns quickly. He could at least have rushed him a bit.

IMG_8515.jpeg

IMG_8516.jpeg

Looking at Santi’s first goal. What the heck was this Dallas player doing? The ball gets by him and he bends over and gives up, then looked amazed as the shot went in. He might have had a play on Santi if he turns quickly. He could at least have rushed him a bit.

View attachment 12725

View attachment 12726
I believe if you look at the play in real time, that was a back pass the Santi was gifted. The bent over player was trying to reach for the bad errant pass but saw he was not going to get it and ended up in that position when he noticed Santi got the ball and he was trying to adjust his weight and moment to get back on defense. He committed too much to saving the ball that he didn’t save and screwed himself trying to get back in a defensive posture.