MLS - April 24 - Cincinnati (Home)

mizell and haak are off the injury list, though that doesn't really change much for us.

are we thinking Malte gets the start over Gudi this game? or does he need more time to learn the "system" and fitness?

Hope Thiago's visa doesn't take as long as Malte's... what a waste with him just sitting around!
I bet Gudi starts due to the reasons you listed. And I get that to a degree.

Still, with us having 5 subs available, a thin bench that leads to us less likely to use all 5, and another LB available in Gloster, I'd start Malte.

Reactions: Kjbert and moogoo
I bet Gudi starts due to the reasons you listed. And I get that to a degree.

Still, with us having 5 subs available, a thin bench that leads to us less likely to use all 5, and another LB available in Gloster, I'd start Malte.

I think we should start Malte too. If he does terribly, then sub him off. We have LBs for days and I dare say Gudi may be the worst of the bunch as an actual defender.

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
Anyone want a parking pass for the game? I have one in my account and don't need it. I think you'll need to bring it to the entrance at Gate 2 to validate your parking ticket. DM me if you're interested.

CDC is revisiting its guidance on masks outdoors soon. As it sat, 4% of traceable covid clusters came from outdoor gatherings. Many of those are likely outdoor clubs, bars, pool parties.

Reactions: Kjbert
giphy.gif

REF: David Gantar
AR1: Jeffrey Greeson
AR2: Gjovalin Bori
4TH: Robert Sibiga
VAR: Alan Kelly
AVAR: Thomas Supple

Not going to be able to watch this one live today because of work. Does anyone know if you can re-watch it on ESPN+ if you are out of market?

mizell and haak are off the injury list, though that doesn't really change much for us.

are we thinking Malte gets the start over Gudi this game? or does he need more time to learn the "system" and fitness?

Hope Thiago's visa doesn't take as long as Malte's... what a waste with him just sitting around!

The interesting questions are:

- Who starts at LB (hopefully Chocolate Malted)
- Does Alfredo get a start, and if so who sits (hopefully and Parks)
- Do we make any changes up top?

Is Zelalem worth the salary and/or a roster spot?

Not going to be able to watch this one live today because of work. Does anyone know if you can re-watch it on ESPN+ if you are out of market?
Same. These midday weekend kickoffs suck for me. Yankees aren’t back until Friday so I don’t get the reasoning behind a 1pm kickoff

I think Malte should start but probably won't because of how late he arrived. I'd give it a 50/50 he gets the start today, but definitely by next game.

Alfredo probably won't get the start. Ronny loves that Sands & Parks combo and was willing to put Ring out of position to keep them together. Unless he decides to go to a 3-back system from the start, I don't think we'll see Alfredo until the 2nd half. Considering the poise and spark he brings to the midfield, I think we need to get him on the field more and make the 3 back system our primary formation. It makes better use of our wing backs too, and gets more of our hefty midfield roster on the field.

Doubt we'll see any changes up front since Jasson is the only variable. Don't think he's taking the starting spot from anybody yet.

Same. These midday weekend kickoffs suck for me. Yankees aren’t back until Friday so I don’t get the reasoning behind a 1pm kickoff

probably didn't want the conflict with other games happening today so that we'd have a better chance of getting eyes on the game.

Is Zelalem worth the salary and/or a roster spot?

if he doesn't come back from injury soon, no. I would guess he took a pretty hefty pay cut from his contract last year. The roster spot isn't that important at the moment. we have 28 players (including mitri) out of a possible 30. Still have 2 more spots for 2 DPs :) I think if he doesn't recover by summer transfer window, club should drop him.

as expected - no malte, no morales in starting XI. but jasson in for isi!

wish it was medina instead since if we're gonna have a left footed forward, i'd prefer it were isi who is better than medina in every aspect except possibly vision/passing?

Reactions: Schwallacus