MLS - April 8 - Atlanta (Home)

I was basically working from memory on this, so I went back to watch again. The defender (Ibarra) doesn't push Segal from behind, but there is substantial contact between him. Basically, Ibarra throws himself forward and in the process traps Segal's left leg between his two legs. Segal then sticks out his right leg to try and get to the ball. Segal's right thigh then contacts Guzan's knee. So, Ibarra doesn't cause the contact between the Segal and Guzan, but he definitely affects Segal's trajectory and perhaps makes the contact worse. As mentioned, a foul call on Segal would be the right result, but there shouldn't be a card.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
apple broadcasting deal has made the digital team step up their game.. these bts vids have higher production value than in past seasons..

Reactions: mgarbowski
I was basically working from memory on this, so I went back to watch again. The defender (Ibarra) doesn't push Segal from behind, but there is substantial contact between him. Basically, Ibarra throws himself forward and in the process traps Segal's left leg between his two legs. Segal then sticks out his right leg to try and get to the ball. Segal's right thigh then contacts Guzan's knee. So, Ibarra doesn't cause the contact between the Segal and Guzan, but he definitely affects Segal's trajectory and perhaps makes the contact worse. As mentioned, a foul call on Segal would be the right result, but there shouldn't be a card.
I agree. Segal wasn't pushed from behind, really,. He and Ibarra both went for the ball and Segal had position. They both launched themselves, and because Ibarra was right on Segal's back he had less control to avoid Guzan. It's not a situation where it had to be a foul on someone.
But a foul was called on Segal. I knew Atlanta had possession when play resumed but I thought that was just because Guzan caught the ball. But in fact Fischer did call it on Segal. He signaled and pointed towards Atlanta possession, and the notes in the game Timeline confirm it.

apple broadcasting deal has made the digital team step up their game.. these bts vids have higher production value than in past seasons..

I wouldn't say there's higher production value. In fact, these are shorter videos.