MLS - August 18 - Philadelphia (Away)

during the international break. there was a tweet about it somewhere.... it just wasn't advertised to supporters or anything

yea its normally behind close doors games , usually i see these tweets ( like when they played cosmos B, LI rough riders, FC Motown), so i guess i missed this one.

Does YES get any credit for improving its coverage since last year? Preview shows, postseason preview shows, NYCFC shows during the pandemic. It does seem like they're at least making an effort.

Yankees fans don't think YES sucks, and I don't think Nets fans do either.

Blackouts aren't YES's fault, they're MLS's fault.

And as for the app, if you have a smart TV the app can be downloaded directly onto your TV. So, for example, I have a Roku TV and if I want to watch the YES app games I turn my TV on, go to the YES app, and watch the game on my TV. You forget you're even watching it on a stream.

I'm not saying there isn't reason to be frustrated with YES -- there certainly is. But I do feel like we're a little harder on YES in this arena than is probably reasonable.

I'm sure we're all taking a lot of our frustrations of limited (quality) visibility of NYCFC matches out on YES Network...

i thought we had great combinations and attacking sequences. we just didn't put the ball in the net.

personally, i think we lost the midfield battle. while not having a particularly bad game, i think the physicality of tonight's match gave acevedo a lot of trouble.

philly took it to us and we broke at the weakest link tonight. malte was making mistakes all night and he finally got punished for one.

i'll feel better about losing points on the road if we go into RBA and crush the red bulls.

i thought we had great combinations and attacking sequences. we just didn't put the ball in the net.

personally, i think we lost the midfield battle. while not having a particularly bad game, i think the physicality of tonight's match gave acevedo a lot of trouble.

philly took it to us and we broke at the weakest link tonight. malte was making mistakes all night and he finally got punished for one.

i'll feel better about losing points on the road if we go into RBA and crush the red bulls.

I feel like we've been having an issue finishing since Villa left..

yea, heber helped a bit but no true 9.

Taty just doesn't have that killer instinct -- when he's running at the goal 1-v-1 you hold your breath.
With Villa you'd already started throwing your beer in the air before he'd kicked it.

personally, i think we lost the midfield battle.

giphy.gif

Yet another case of NYCFC looking good, having the majority of the chances, but can’t finish and PHI buries its one chance and wins.

An all too similar story for this team over the years.

Taty just doesn't have that killer instinct -- when he's running at the goal 1-v-1 you hold your breath.
With Villa you'd already started throwing your beer in the air before he'd kicked it.

No ones is villa but team convert wingers to 9’s. And it doesn’t always work out. As for 1v1 only isi has showed he can win those duels but again not consistently.

Yet another case of NYCFC looking good, having the majority of the chances, but can’t finish and PHI buries its one chance and wins.

An all too similar story for this team over the years.
We had a lot of chances, but they sucked. Not one rated even as high as 9%. The Union had a 42, 35 (the Bedoya goal), and 14%, and very slightly higher xG overall.
Once again, the problem was not finishing, though it's fair to say we had tons of possession and did nothing creative in the final third to create a good chance.

I'm not sure resting Maxi and Parks in the same game was effective. This game was not in the least representative of how this team has played all year, both in what the team usually does well and what most often trips it up.