Mls CBA 2015 Thread

Whether that will be enough to get a deal done is also unknown. Still in question are other big issues -- the minimum salary, the size of the overall salary cap, and length of the new CBA.

Reactions: Kjbert
Whether that will be enough to get a deal done is also unknown. Still in question are other big issues -- the minimum salary, the size of the overall salary cap, and length of the new CBA.
I think the salary cap and dp slots have been agreed upon for a while now. The last few days have been about free agency and also sponsorships which the MLSPU is adding to their arsenal on why free agency needs to happen. I hope this gets done soon.

I think the salary cap and dp slots have been agreed upon for a while now. The last few days have been about free agency and also sponsorships which the MLSPU is adding to their arsenal on why free agency needs to happen. I hope this gets done soon.
That doesn't look to be the case.

Cliff notes on the revised offer please (sorry, firewall issues).

Reported: Free Agency is reportedly closer to 26 and 6. 10% cap on FA contracts moving up. Fight is pretty much on length of CBA now. League wants 8, players want around 5 years.

Reactions: Kjbert and JayH
Reported: Free Agency is reportedly closer to 26 and 6. 10% cap on FA contracts moving up. Fight is pretty much on length of CBA now.
It's is being reported that the 10% number is going up, I think it will be 20%.

Players are smelling blood because they asked for MLS to open their books and revenue sharing! That's NOT going to happen.

Reactions: MagnusPax
Am I wrong in thinking it seems the players are making ground and winning this thing? They could hit 25/5 and a 20% increase? I also hope a 4th DP slot was agreed upon. This CBA should be for 5 years. 8 is ridiculous especially if the union cant get most of the proposals.

Am I wrong in thinking it seems the players are making ground and winning this thing? They could hit 25/5 and a 20% increase? I also hope a 4th DP slot was agreed upon. This CBA should be for 5 years. 8 is ridiculous especially if the union cant get most of the proposals.
It won't matter if they get the 40-45% of annual soccer revenue, 25/5 20% and 100% min salary for players. They could make it a 10 year CBA and the owners would get that as a HUGE win.

Reactions: Kubah
Fuck, they better agree on one fast. I have 4:08pm (eastern) in my MLS CBA is Signed Announcement Pool.

Reactions: JayH and Kubah