Mls CBA 2015 Thread

B_RN1XNUsAEPhfk.png

I tell you what. If they strike this would be the most dumbest short sighted decision I have ever seen and both parties are to blame. As twellman said, mls can't handle full free agency the players need to realize this and the owner es need to drop down to 26 years and 6 years mls service to obtain free agency rights with a cap limit of 25% and increasing the minimum salary to 65k. This would be ideal for both and they need to make it happen. I have non mls fans flying from nyc to come with me to watch this game on Sunday day at the citrus bowl. These non mls fans eurosnob friends of mine are gravitating to nyc fc and if they strike and the game gets cancelled we lose these new fans forever. I hope sanity prevails and they get a deal done for the sake of our sport and league in our continent.

Reactions: Kjbert and Kubah
I tell you what. If they strike this would be the most dumbest short sighted decision I have ever seen and both parties are to blame. As twellman said, mls can't handle full free agency the players need to realize this and the owner es need to drop down to 26 years and 6 years mls service to obtain free agency rights with a cap limit of 25% and increasing the minimum salary to 65k. This would be ideal for both and they need to make it happen. I have non mls fans flying from nyc to come with me to watch this game on Sunday day at the citrus bowl. These non mls fans eurosnob friends of mine are gravitating to nyc fc and if they strike and the game gets cancelled we lose these new fans forever. I hope sanity prevails and they get a deal done for the sake of our sport and league in our continent.
Got rise the cap to somewhere 40-45% with min salaries at $100k. And it could be 25/6 with 20% rise on player rises

Reactions: Kjbert
How is a raise cap on free agents fair in any way? You have played out your contract, you now no longer have a contract, you are exactly the same as a foreign player who has never been in the league, you should be able to negotiate your salary based on the market. Why any decent player would come to MLS, I don't know. The owners are like power drunk.

It's amazing that lost throughout all of this is how many more DPs will we get and how much will the cap rise?

Personally, I want the players to get paid. They deserve it. As a fan, I don't care. I want to see Messi here making $30 Million.

It's amazing that lost throughout all of this is how many more DPs will we get and how much will the cap rise?

Personally, I want the players to get paid. They deserve it. As a fan, I don't care. I want to see Messi here making $30 Million.
Who is trying to get more DPs? The players? The destitute owners?

How is a raise cap on free agents fair in any way? You have played out your contract, you now no longer have a contract, you are exactly the same as a foreign player who has never been in the league, you should be able to negotiate your salary based on the market. Why any decent player would come to MLS, I don't know. The owners are like power drunk.
It isn't completely fair but at the same time mls is not at a situation where it can thrive with full out free agency. Come the next cba and the tv ratings improve which will lead to bigger tv money, then the players can talk about and stand their ground on full free agency. This is the system that has helped us grow into what we are. Is it a good one? No but it was necessary to continue to live. Now it is time to take off the training wheels and let dad hold our seat. The next cba dad will let go all together and we will have full free agency hopefully. I would love for the players to get full free agency but we all gotta be smart about this.

Me too would love to see Messi here making 30 miles however that can't happen a t this tkme. Maybe in 10 to 15 years but I order to so that we have to make progress and a form of free agency now will do it. Plus this cba really doesn't concern foreign players who come over as a dp. THEY get paid regardless. This more about the middle to lower tier players.

I've heard no discussion of an additional DP spot, even though last summer it was taken as a granted hat one would come. Perhaps the owners decided not to push that since it's a lot harder to demand cost certainty while increasing the number of roster spots without cap certainty. Oddly enough, I think a fourth DP spot would help get players paid a lot more than free agency.

The DP number and salary cap number may have been one of the first things discussed

Can they just settle on 11 DPs per team (that don't count vs cap at all, unlike current system), keep the cap the same and no other changes? There will be enough room in the cap for all the subs to make a living wage. Spending teams can get whomever they want if they want to. Cheap teams can stay within the cap. Owners keep single entity and no FA. Players get the $ they were looking for. Done.

Can they just settle on 11 DPs per team (that don't count vs cap at all, unlike current system), keep the cap the same and no other changes? There will be enough room in the cap for all the subs to make a living wage. Spending teams can get whomever they want if they want to. Cheap teams can stay within the cap. Owners keep single entity and no FA. Players get the $ they were looking for. Done.

So, make the cap completely meaningless and create a massive spending gap between clubs? No thanks.

Reactions: MagnusPax